Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12

Author Topic: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar  (Read 23349 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar
« on: January 11, 2018, 03:52:50 pm »

A Star Wars succession fort.

We are an expatriate Jawa clan on the world of Anenu Liceva, known to the locals as "The Planet of Legends". It has been 125 years from colonization. Many factions contest this world for settlement and mineral rights. The Jawas here survive by trading with peaceful groups such as the diverse settlers, Rebel Alliance cells, and the Jedi. They must deal carefully however, as not all the other groups are friendly. Stormtroopers, Pirates, Sith, and others have no qualms about wiping out a settlement to grab valuable resources or a strategic position.

Today marks a new day for the Jawas, as we set out to begin a new outpost.

Utinni!

Jawas:
1.Enemy Post:Miner.
2.Dunamisdeos:Weaponsmith.
3.TalonisWolf:Fisherjawa.
4(Dead).Imic:Bone Carver.
5.Wertyzerty:Peasant.
6.Robotala:Mechanic.
7.rainbowdashfanboi84:Militia Commander
8.Imic 2:Bone Carver
9.Wags:Swordsjawa.

Turn list:
1.Enemy Post:1,2,3,4,5.
2.wertyzerty:1.
3.Dunamisdeos:1,2.
4.Enemy Post:1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10,11.
5.Dunamisdeos:1,2,3,4.
6.Robotala:1.
7.Enemy Post:1,2.
8.Dunamisdeos:

Spoiler: Rules (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: World Map (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Dunamisdeos' comics (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 02:00:18 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check:Star Wars succession fort.
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 03:31:55 am »

Yeah sure I wouldn't mind taking a turn. Haven't played modded before though so have you just changed the races or are there new workshops and stuff?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: Interest check:Star Wars succession fort.
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 10:44:54 am »

There's not really anything for new workshops, just a "weapon shop". However, the rest of the game has numerous changes.

The differences between jawas and dwarves are:Jawas are a bit smaller and weaker and have no armor with less types of weapons. They also don't cave adapt or need alcohol. On the bright side, they can buy droids to work on their behalf. They can also use various monsters from Star Wars as pets, such as rancors.

The other races have all been changed as well. They are:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

The animals are all different as well, although night creatures are still the same.

Metals and plants are the unaltered.

*I had hoped for more interest, but I'll go ahead and start. Maybe more people will join later. I updated the OP, and I'll start the fort tomorrow if I'm able.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 12:23:43 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar.
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 01:56:48 pm »

I'm super in!

Also I would like to be a jawa.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2018, 05:24:17 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 13, 2018, 05:51:22 pm »

I'm super in!

Also I would like to be a jawa.
Glad to have you aboard! I've already started the fort, any preferences for what your jawa should be like?

We have a female mason/miner, a female woodworker, a female mechanic/manager, a female fisherjawa, a male fishery worker, a male carpenter, a female ranger, a male weaponsmith, one male and one female bone carver, a female papermaker, a female fishery worker, a male farmer, and a male expedition leader.

The expedition leader is in a romantic relationship with the mason, the male bone carver is married to the fishery worker, and the ranger is married to the weaponsmith. The male bone carver has a pet dewback, the woodworker has a pet luggabeast, and the weaponsmith has a pet police droid. The droids have names, but I can't nickname them for dorfing purposes.

*Some immigrants arrived, so I edited the above.

Granite, 125.

We venture forth. There are in fact two Jawa clans on this world. One is the Thimbles of Phelgm, known for the peace and safety of their island home. Only pirates trouble them. We however are in the Cloister of Equity, and we hail from the mainland. Much of the surrounding desert has already been taken, but we have found a little river in the desert to call our own. Our surveying gear indicates very deep soil and shallow metals. There are signs of an aquifer, but we can get through it.

Many other peoples have trade in this region. The surrounding dunes are littered with habitation, but none of the settlements are Jawas. One can only hope they don't mind neighbors.  Our full report has been compiled below.

I will take up the pick and do the first of the digging. With me are a mason, a fisherjawa, a woodcutter, an engineer, a cook, and our expedition leader, a farmer. We're bringing the standard array of supplies, with the addition of extra wood, seeds, and drink. For companions, we are bringing loth-cats, gizka, vulptices, and an R2 droid. Our wagon was pulled by a dewback and a luggabeast.

Around us stretches our new home. A few enormous cacti and many hardy little plants coat the hill we have settled upon. At its foot lies the river, brimming with fish. A single dianoga provides the only apparent danger, and it is a mild one.

Slate, 125

Our home is being dug. Some dangeous looking G0-T0 droids have been floating by, but they don't seem inclined to attack us. I've requested that the mason start helping me with the digging. Mostly peaceful this month. The mason apparently fell in love with the expedition leader on the way here. Good for her. On a final note, I've ordered that our wagon be converted into the trading depot. It will continue to serve us well.

Felsite, 125.

Work continues. Many rooms are coming together well. I've noticed that while there's no violence on the land, the river fish slap each other constantly. The poor dianoga has been the only one to die. Got slapped in the brain.

Hematite, 125.

We have begun efforts to breach the aquifer. It will be difficult, but we will need the stone, water, and gems underneath soon. I'd also like to get more food. Fish are nice, but the smell's a bit of a problem.

Malachite, 125.

Still pumping out water. At least we won't die of thirst. On that note, we've begun the graveyard. Just in case this pumping project goes wrong. Some migrants arrived. There's a woodworker, a ranger, an administrator, a weaponsmith, two bone carvers, a papermaker, and a fishery worker. They brought along a police droid and a sifter droid.

Galena, 125.

I decided to find out who those nearby settlements are. Turns out we're right in between the First Order and the Geonosians. About a day's walk to the south is the Sith. At least there's some harmless settler communities to the north and a single outpost of Republic clone troopers to the east. We may have company someday soon.

Spoiler: Fortress layout (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 11:34:51 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 13, 2018, 07:53:32 pm »

The weaponsmith! Married, even. Time for little jawa cubs.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2018, 12:30:32 am »

PTW- as the Jawas say, M'um m'aloo! Also, may I be dorrfed Jawaed/Jawaded/Utinnied?
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 14, 2018, 01:50:41 am »

PTW- as the Jawas say, M'um m'aloo! Also, may I be dorrfed Jawaed/Jawaded/Utinnied?

Sure, any Jawa in particular?
My mods and forum games.

SQman

• Bay Watcher
  • Gnot a gnelf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 14, 2018, 05:06:52 am »

Jawa me as the weaponsmith. Jawas tend to be unruly, and I'll make sure our police force of one droid will always be up to the task of pacifying troublemakers (yes, i am aware that it won't do any pacifying). I guess I can arm the actual guards when we get to that point.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 14, 2018, 11:45:19 am »

Jawa me as the weaponsmith. Jawas tend to be unruly, and I'll make sure our police force of one droid will always be up to the task of pacifying troublemakers (yes, i am aware that it won't do any pacifying). I guess I can arm the actual guards when we get to that point.

Sorry, Dunamisdeos already claimed that one. There's a couple others with weaponsmithing as a secondary skill, if you like. Updated the OP with Dunamisdeos's Jawa.
My mods and forum games.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 14, 2018, 12:07:47 pm »

Sure, any Jawa in particular?

Whichever one seems most likely to die a horrible death.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 14, 2018, 03:09:12 pm »

Done. You're the Fisherjawa.

Limestone, 125.

Some interruptions at the lake. TalonisWolf tells me that the fish often try to slap anyone who tries to fish or drink there. No injuries though, so we'll keep going. The grave chamber has been declared a temporary shrine for those who feel the need to pray. We'll likely build a more permanent one once we get past this aquifer. Our astromech was one of the first to go there. I didn't know droids had religion.

The baron consort's caravan has arrived. We have a bit to trade, but not much. At the same time, a baby has been seen among the slapping fish for the first time. This is a good omen!

We weren't sure what to ask for next year. After a quick request for seeds, I put down rancors as a high priority. Joking of course, I'm certain they won't go to the trouble of bringing those monsters.

Our vulptices have also bred, giving birth to three pups.

We had little to sell with the aquifer in our way, but at least we got some sewer brew for a fusion cutter and some wooden crafts.

Later

Ow. Turns out the fish can slap pretty hard. I just gained the dubious distinction of being the first to get seriously hurt by the fish. I'm currently recuperating in an unused bedroom. Thankfully, the R2 was able to drag me away from the river.

These fish are getting to be a problem.

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:58:22 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 14, 2018, 08:41:19 pm »

"Well, m'um m'aloo! What happened to your face?"

Keep. Calm. Looking up, I see one of the others standing there, some supplies cradled in their arms. Sighing, I point at them. "Shouldn't you be taking those somewhere?" I tiredly ask, hoping they'll move along. Krayt Dragons twitchy tail, this is embarrassing!

The annoying little wamp rat chuckles, their hood waving as they shake their head in amusement. "It can wait. You look like a handy source of amusement, and I've been at it all day."

Of course. I'm now the local source of entertainment! How wonderful. "The fish are strong and like to slap you in the face." I tell him, wearily pointing at the river.

I almost don't catch the supplies before they hit the ground as the cheeky kriffing shavit falls to the ground laughing.

Edit: Here is handy little guide to Star Wars insults and expletives: Utinni!

« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:54:46 pm by TalonisWolf »
GENERATION 32:

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 12:57:14 am »

Sandstone, 125

I think I did the excavations in the aquifer wrong. This will complicate things.

Dunamisdeos claims the fish don't bother him, but I can tell he's lying.

Our papermaker has been declared the doctor. We've got nobody with relevant skills and we don't have any medical droids, so she'll have to do. She fixed me up enough to get back to work. I missed seeing the desert bloom.

Didn't stay out long enough to miss digging the new aquifer tunnel. Yay.

Timber, 125.

Some more migrants are here. One of them is a ranger, and she brought a blaster with her.

Good thing we got a new ranger, because I think our old one just broke.

She took some logs, but now she just keeps muttering about stone blocks. This will be difficult, especially with the damaged tunnel. Let it never be said that we lack determination.

With the end of Timber comes the beginning of winter. At least we still have the aquifer to drink from. And more importantly...

The river has frozen and the slapping has finally ceased.
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 12:59:07 am by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 03:43:51 am »

Now I'm imagining my Jawa cackling by the riverbank in sadistic joy as the migrants watch uneasily, wondering how long it'll be till they turn out just like... (checks Jawas gender) her.
GENERATION 32:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 12