Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12

Author Topic: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar  (Read 23804 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar.
« Reply #45 on: January 24, 2018, 12:50:03 pm »

Also Enemy Post, could you say how dangerous the different creatures are? Like a ranking or something because just their description is slightly misleading, if you know what I mean.

Sorry, but that would take a prohibitively long time. There's at least a couple hundred of them and I'd have to retest and rank each one. Wookieepedia might help, that was my source for most of the work. I can also give advice on individual creatures if it would help.

Is something wrong with a description? Problems with those don't show up on the errorlog, so I could have missed something.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: January 24, 2018, 01:14:55 pm »

I am on the edge of my seat here as to who died.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: January 24, 2018, 05:45:37 pm »

Also Enemy Post, could you say how dangerous the different creatures are? Like a ranking or something because just their description is slightly misleading, if you know what I mean.

Sorry, but that would take a prohibitively long time. There's at least a couple hundred of them and I'd have to retest and rank each one. Wookieepedia might help, that was my source for most of the work. I can also give advice on individual creatures if it would help.

Is something wrong with a description? Problems with those don't show up on the errorlog, so I could have missed something.
No no don't worry, nothing is wrong with the description, it's just I found it quite hard to judge how strong a particular enemy was, which was... Interesting.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: January 24, 2018, 11:13:21 pm »

No no don't worry, nothing is wrong with the description, it's just I found it quite hard to judge how strong a particular enemy was, which was... Interesting.
*Cackling* Excellent. The Dark Side grows stronger, Chaos spreads. Just as foreseen...
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: January 25, 2018, 02:19:51 pm »

Diary of Wertyzerty the Peasant

‘Be merry!’ That’s what I say to myself still, at 46 summers of age. With my extended family (I’ll spare you the 80 family members) I’ll say I am.
I start this diary in 126, the first of Granite. That was when I was appointed ruler of this fortress. I’m not a noble or anything, oh no. I’m a strong working woman jawa.

My first priority is to build a bridge at the entrance. This fortress could use some more security.

Oh God. An aquifer.
I’ll get to piercing that right away.
Hang on a minute. Looking for a minute, it appears we already have a path through the aquifer! The wall is not damp there and i'm on the aquifer level. Let me check.

Of course. A bloody were-squirrel, my first day on the job. And still no bridge.

Someone’s having a laugh here. He was spotted right in front of the door. The open door. I should really tightly close that door to make sure no more slothcats try to escape.

The cat bolted, letting me close the door. We might make it out of this one alive, boys.
I have set the safe room as the only good room with a door, the fishery. Let’s hope everyone makes it before the were-squirrel, cause I am bolting that door shut.

Phew! Apparently, doors can hold back were-squirrels. We made it out of this one alive.

I have just realised that the aquifer is only one layer deep there, but it doesn’t make a difference because we are already a layer through this one. Let’s keep pumping.

Oops. I guess I wasn’t fast enough. The death count will now be 2.

Migrants!!!! Some people to replace all the jawas we’ve lost!

The season is otherwise quite slow, with not much else happening.

Well, that guy died.

Another one. Another poor bastard who’s gonna need stone, and then go mad. Seen it happen three times already.

I am very glad this farmer has proven me wrong. We’ll get a wooden doorknob or something out of it this time.

I was right... Almost as useless as a doorknob. An earring. A bloody earring…

In my rage at the lack of activity in the fortress, I quickly ‘created’ some jobs for everyone. Should keep morale up.

Oh crap. The dwarves sobered up. The biggest hangover I’ve ever seen. Shoot shoot shoot shoot shoot. Let’s fix this ASAP.

I also made a barrack because these lazy dwarves are probably gonna get attacked by another were-squirrel, I am future proofing this.
The aquifer is going slowly, just more migrants have arrived, not that that’ll speed anything up…

The population is now 58, I have made a rollcall for convenience.

More people who want stuff we don’t have…

Basically I asked for lots of stone. But wait… They have news of the outside world, which when I tried finding out exactly what they led me into a really confusing menu. I tried.

I’m hoping we breach the aquifer before this guy goes mad.

It seems the nobles have taken control of this fortress, nevermind, we shall prevail.

The military is now in action.

*Violent swearing* Not this idiot again.

The same tactic worked again.

I have just breached the aquifer!!!!!

Exploration exploration.

On second thoughts, that Gundark is scary. I’ll block the passage off.

Not another one. *sigh*

I am linking up the bridge as we speak, however I may need to harvest wood from the cavern to smelt hematite. In other news:

As I begin my last month as ruler, I am glad to say it has gone well-ish. Only a couple of people died. The next priorities are setting up a smithing area and getting a proper military. Finding something other than wood to make coal out of would be useful as well.

It appears I spoke too soon. As a message to all future rulers, dwarves with no armor and no weapons cannot wrestle a Bonzami to death. We lost half of our squad.

Sorry about that Imic.
Also, a hospital would be nice, too.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: January 25, 2018, 03:38:04 pm »

Thanks for piercing the aquifer, Wertyzerty. Now hopefully we'll go insane less often.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: January 25, 2018, 04:52:51 pm »

Somehow I don't think that's likely

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 25, 2018, 11:17:19 pm »

Smear

I look around in horror, over Jawas who just yesterday were eating and working at my side... now nothing more than smears of gore and scattered limbs.

Our 'Overseer' is a monster... he sent all these Jawas against some Bonzami with no weapons, no protection... just their wits.

Against Bonzami. Razor sharp teeth, Blaster resistant hide, Armoured Heads which they use to bash their prey... like, say, Jawas. We expected danger, but this... this was unnecessary. Pointless. Senseless.

I... I'm scared. What if next time, it's me they send? I fish, I don't know how to fight- I'd get slaughtered! Maybe... no. Killing the overseer would just get me killed, or make me just as much a killer as that monster.

There must be another way. There has to be.

Looking into the dead eyes of one of the few more intact corpses, I wonder if I'll have a choice.

Werty's time as Overseer is nearing it's end. Soon. The paranoia, the fear, the constant glacing over my shoulder- at a end.

Glancing around, I scurry quickly down the halls. The Overseers are chosen randomly, but perhaps... who'd know if I rig it? It is unthinkable- messing with fate itself!? Replace all the ballots, and no Jawa would know the difference.

Dunamisdeos looks more or less sane, with them in charge... maybe I can stop fearing an order I can't ignore.

I will not be a smear to clean up. I won't

((I had fun with this one, actually. I thing I've corrected all my spelling and grammar, but if I'm wrong say so. At some point I'll find out about my 'tomb', and given my sudden fear of death and awareness of my mortality... well, it'll be interesting.

But at least you broke through the aquifer, WertyZerty

I may be interested in a turn later... but right now, I have too much on the go. That said, please don't die before I get unbusy.))
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 11:28:21 pm by TalonisWolf »
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: January 26, 2018, 12:27:07 pm »

I'm waiting for Imic to see this

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: January 26, 2018, 02:07:08 pm »

My first turn is today! My reaction is above.

Will post report later.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: January 26, 2018, 02:21:23 pm »

I switched the quotes section the OP to record these comics. Keep up the good work, Dunamisdeos!
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: January 26, 2018, 05:14:40 pm »

Before I start.

Ok first things first. I plugged the save into my DF_Hack enabled version and turned on the phoebus tileset and it totes mcgoats seems to be working without having messed with the save file.

Also I made a jawa graphic. Is this ok? Am I going to break something for future turns? The only thing that should carry over to future turns (unless I am mistaken) is the lil' jawa graphic. I can easily disable it for future turns as well.

Second things first:

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: January 26, 2018, 05:29:24 pm »

That's fine, though I don't know anything about tilesets. I really like the little jawa sprite.
My mods and forum games.

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: January 26, 2018, 05:37:30 pm »

cant i be in this 2? i probably wont do a succession but i dont mind being a character.....or did i ask already i dont remember....id like to be either in the guard or a sheriff   

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: January 26, 2018, 06:15:02 pm »

How did you get graphics working with mods? i'm completely new to mods and it's probably gonna be useful for me later.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 12