Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12

Author Topic: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar  (Read 23348 times)

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
Re: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar.
« Reply #60 on: January 26, 2018, 06:20:14 pm »

Well I just had it already set to use phoebus tileset, so terrain and stuff is coming through. Then i just added the graphics for jawa creatures to the save rather than the base raws.

Anyhoo, time to start. Utinni!
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 26, 2018, 06:59:47 pm »

1st Granite - 127 (Spring)

*writing in datapad*

My first impression of my new job today was "our social meeting hall is inside the place we bury our dead". How efficient!

At any rate, I was told that we were defended by a military-in-training. I find we are actually defended by a recently-traumatized unarmed mob and..... ahhhh, there's the bloody stairs. Going to seal that right up for now.

Our food supply seems secure and we have a massive amount of hematite, so next on the list is INDUSTRY and some kind of ARMORY. There are 70+ jawas in here twiddling their thumbs.

*turns towards camera*

Cmon, Murtaugh.

It's time to dole out new jobs. We need to make sure we have some masons, mechanics, jewelers, smiths and carpen-- what are you flipping out about, Murtaugh?

Spoiler: This. (click to show/hide)

Having seen the results of out last "military" engagement, I've decided to set apart a place for people to bleed to death in peace. The others call it a "hospital". At any rate, a centralized industry area has been designated below the aquifer line. That way if someone ever plinks the wrong rock we can all d- for the most efficient mine-to-product ratio and ---- ahh, more migrants.

One of them is a talented doctor. The other jawas tell me this is one who professionally oversees the bleeding-out room. What luck. Also, some gungan royalty and a rebel marksman are visiting. In light of the recent cave-murderbeast problem, I have granted the petitions of three monster hunters for residency. I expect the Ewok spearman will lend considerable security to our home. One of them is also the Gungan Royalty. I'm sure it'll be fine.

« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 02:56:58 pm by Dunamisdeos »
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 26, 2018, 08:30:20 pm »

Whoops, accidentally locked the thread for a bit.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 26, 2018, 09:41:41 pm »

Now that we have some serious industry capacity (still low wood tho) what is a good weapon to train our military in? I have no idea what the relative worth of these are. I always just played things with lightsabers.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 26, 2018, 11:14:57 pm »

Jawa weapons are fairly weak, by design. We have fusion cutters that stab similarly to daggers, Stun batons that are a bit like warhammers or whips, and ion blasters that are like crossbows.

What I'd really like to do is trade with Jedi to get lightsabers.
« Last Edit: February 11, 2018, 07:53:29 pm by Enemy post »
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 27, 2018, 11:47:05 am »

Iron fusion cutters it is, for now.

Also: I note absolutely noone is eating the plump helmets. Are we carnivorous?

We've discovered the magma sea........ 130 levels below ground. A pump stack that large being impractical, I'm setting up magma forges/smelters at that depth to get around charcoal costs.

Our last bit of wood without setting up shop in the caverns is 3 wood being saved for potential moods.

It's almost autumn, and I'm going to try and set up cloth/thread production in winter. Just had a mood that made me have to unzone the hospital for thread.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 01:37:46 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 27, 2018, 01:43:30 pm »

We're not carnivores, I'm pretty sure I saw Jawas eating plump helmets and plump helmet meals during my turn.
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 27, 2018, 02:42:29 pm »

20th Limestone, 127, Early Autumn

The caravan has arrived! While it has brought no rancors to speak of, they have brought all-important wood to stock our piles with. With the discovery of magma our needs have drastically been reduced. We also traded for some some other assorted items, such as barrels and buckets. I've sternly demanded pet rancors upon their return, as well as gypsum plaster to deal with the inevitable effects of local rancors.

With this in mind the last of our charcoal has been used to create the tools needed to forge in magma, and to arm our newly-filled-out military with our most powerful weapons: fusion cutters. I've ordered them to train nonstop in learning how to kill sentient invaders with what is essentially a white-hot screwdriver.

The massive shaft to the burgeoning magma foundries is being expanded, and our food storage/production has also received a boost due to the production of rock pots. We've got a few dedicated fish cleaners, since when given the chance all our current fish cleaners prefer to fish rather than prepare the stuff.

Side note: I've tried to tell everyone that vegetables are part of a healthy jawa diet, but I can never understand their response as they have too much fish in their mouths. I am never one to discourage the catching and consumption of fish and their untrustworthy, conspiratorial flesh so we're just going to let that one go then.

Side note Deux: A minor miscalculation almost resulted in the entire magma-forge shaft being flooded with water. It was caught and patched very luckily, very quickly.

I accidentally canceled whatever standing manager orders were there, so sorry about that. We have some for cloth farming now.

Forges/Smelters/metal and ore stockpiles have been moved down to the magma sea. Until or unless we secure a good source of wood, that's the only way to make metal :\
« Last Edit: January 27, 2018, 04:34:45 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 27, 2018, 08:09:52 pm »

Anyway, nothing else really happened and we have a bustling industry. Oh, but Murtaugh petitioned for citizenship. I granted that. He's too old for this residency s***. Military is coming along, most of them are competant/skilled with their cutters.

Anyway here's the save! I disabled the jawa graphic because it would probably look weird in you all's ASCII.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 28, 2018, 12:03:01 pm »

Thanks for playing, Dunamisdeos. I'm busy at the moment, but I'll probably take another turn soon if nobody else wants it.
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: February 03, 2018, 12:31:26 am »

Alright, I'm taking another turn. I'd like to get at least to the first siege. First things first, Robotala and Rainbowdashfanboi84 have been given their jawas. Sorry it took so long.

Granite, 128.

Another glorious year in Rashvir! This year I was chosen to be Overseer. Looks like a good year ahead, Wertyzerty pierced the aquifer and Dunamisdeos started the military, so now we may be able to start on nonessential tasks. I can't seem to find a cantina here, I'll set one up to attract visitors.

A pair of Yuuzhan Vong bandits have arrived!

I sent Rainbowdash's squad after it, but they got away. At least they didn't grab anything. There's a lot of job cancellations. Apparently we need thread and coal.

Also, Murtaugh is wearing a little crown now and that's hilarious.

The trade caravans have arrived and a miller had a baby. In other droid news, our R-H029 sifter droid has slipped into depression. I have no idea where to begin treating a depressed vacuum cleaner.

A scholar has entered a strange mood. Ha, we have stone now! Do your worst, madness plague!

A clone trooper took up residence in our fort for the purpose of killing monsters. That should be interesting. I've purchased all the animals the traders had. Also a bunch of plants and a barrel of cloth. Still no rancors, though.

Finally, I accidentally locked all these jawas in a side room while trying to stop the brokerbot from escaping. Whoops.

My mods and forum games.

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: February 03, 2018, 10:00:36 am »

to bandits....."come back here so i can kill you to death!"

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: February 03, 2018, 11:51:36 am »

Murtaugh is become like, the fort mascot. I'm also highly amused that you accidentally locked the barracks/training room door.

I am always interested in more turns. Utinni!

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: February 03, 2018, 02:13:18 pm »

Slate, 128

Another clone, a rebel axeman and a wookiee have joined us as beast hunters. Maybe I should open the caverns just so they can do that. The madness plague has now resulted in a fine granite table, for we have tamed it to our will.

I also realized at the last minute that I didn't get all the trader's animals last month, so before they could leave I bought the remaining Tuk'ata and Falumpaset in exchange for the rest of our gems and a ridiculously heavy metal statue of Dunamisdeos getting fired.

Spoiler: Statue (click to show/hide)

I don't know why he was removed, but I promoted him back to captain of the guard. The sifter droid's growing depression caused it to throw a tantrum. It tried to start a fist fight, but then it remembered that it doesn't have hands. That's just tragic.

The tavern is done. I've had all the walls engraved as well.

My mods and forum games.

TalonisWolf

• Bay Watcher
  • Wolf Acolyte of the Pack
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: February 03, 2018, 04:43:20 pm »

That moment when you want to rage at the world and punch something and you have no limbs to punch with. Star Wars droids normally thank the maker, but this one is blaming the maker.
TalonisWolf has claimed the title of Sig-forger the Burning Champion of Lime Green!
GENERATION 32:
The first time you see this, copy it i
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 12