Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12

Author Topic: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar  (Read 23763 times)

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar:The Yuuzhan Vong War begins.
« Reply #90 on: February 09, 2018, 12:29:23 am »

Thanks TalonisWolf, I'm looking forward to seeing that.

Early-to-mid Sandstone, 128

Well, we're under siege. I've had a few other projects taken care of while we wait here. I've decided to take care of the lack of bedrooms, and started a new set of housing in the sub-aquifer section of the fort.

The droids will be included, of course. Even though they don't sleep. A child was stung twice by viper wasps while playing make believe in TalonisWolf's tomb. Serves them right. They'll be fine.

I've got an idea for dealing with the Vong army. See, their army is camped out on this hill.

They're spending pretty much all of their time in that spot. I'm thinking we can dig out a tunnel underneath them.

If my plan works, I'll dig the floor out from under them with a controlled cave-in and drop most of them into a pool made from the aquifer. It probably won't work. Plan B is to slowly trap a bunch of cave monsters, move them up with the approach tunnel, and then let them out to wear down the Vong. Plan C is to cry and hope some friendly Jedi show up.

A trap went off in the caverns, we got a laigrek. It's no bonzami or rancor, but it's nice to have I suppose.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: February 09, 2018, 04:41:06 am »

if possible can i have a redorf?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #92 on: February 09, 2018, 10:17:19 am »

Are you sure? You're not dead. What would you like?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: February 09, 2018, 12:31:52 pm »

IF i die id like a stormtrooper....if possible

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: February 09, 2018, 01:21:40 pm »

I am super interested to see what happens when you dump those vong into that cave in. Jawa ingenuity can overcome all things.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: February 10, 2018, 12:29:49 am »

I wasn't able to play much today, I just placed some furniture and dug out a couple tiles.
My mods and forum games.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar:The Yuuzhan Vong War.
« Reply #96 on: February 11, 2018, 01:34:24 am »

Late Sandstone, 128

Work on the trap continues, but a complication has arrived.

A Gorax is on the march. Unable to get into our fort, it began to approach the Vong army.

I had hoped for an epic battle, but it was not to be. The Gorax took one look at the Yuuzhan Vong horde and tried to retreat. The bored aliens then chased it down. A few quednaks got there first and one left it severely stunned with a blow to the head. A shot to the foot then brought the Gorax down and an amphistaff to the gut kept it there. After that, the horde tore it apart.

Thankfully, the Vong returned to the killzone as soon as they were done.

Timber, 128

Some good news to start off Timber, Wertyzerty gave birth to a girl.

Not much to say about this month. Everyone who can is toiling away at my deathtrap. It's coming along nicely, there's only some channeling and linking up levers left to do.

On the surface, a strange rot is affecting many of the Vong's beasts.

A good number of the quednaks even died. Apparently, the cause is overexposure to their blorash jellies. They're somewhat corrosive.
My mods and forum games.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #97 on: February 11, 2018, 05:58:59 pm »

Yay! Can I name my kid Luthuthra?

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #98 on: February 12, 2018, 01:55:40 am »

Luthuthra it is, then. You also have two sons, one adult and one child. I've also redorfed Imic as a new bone carver.

Moonstone, 128

The trap seems to be complete. All that remains is a bit of testing. I could have tried digging out the ground under the Vong horde, but that wouldn't get all of them. Instead, I'm doing this.

The main chamber of the trap is seen here. Once the support's lever is pulled, it should collapse into the drowning pool underneath.

First, I'm going to let the Vong into the fortress, heading over the southern bridges. Then they have to go down an excessively long hallway to enter the fortress itself.

Once the army is fully inside the hallway but not yet inside the fort, I'll activate Stage One.

That bridge will be raised, preventing entry. Before the army can escape, Stage Two will be activated.

The southernmost drawbridge will raise, preventing exit. Finally, Stage Three will trigger the cave in. It also activates a random drawbridge in the middle of the hallway, for some reason. It seemed like a good idea at the time.

The squad will be posted at the exit from the hallway, just in case every trap fails and the Vong enter the fortress. Some of us should at least be able to escape with that distraction.

All these levers are controlled by this control room, here.

Finally, this whole plan hinges on the Vong actually being allowed into the fortress. To do that, somebody has to be the one to bell the proverbial loth-cat. I will volunteer. Stages 1 & 2 have been tested. This will likely be my last entry. Here I go.

Well, that didn't go as expected. I opened up the wall and ran as fast as I could. I actually made it back alive! However, the Yuuzhan Vong have been infuriatingly cautious. Instead of all of them entering the killzone, only an advance squad went inside. I've had to activate Stage One to keep them out. Trying to figure out the best way to get all of them in here. Still, Vong troops have entered the base.

On another note, the rot is really getting bad in their camp. All but two of the quednaks are dead, and the Vong themselves are starting to feel it.
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #99 on: February 12, 2018, 01:18:29 pm »

In theory, you could just keep them packed into a close area and watch them melt.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
Re: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar
« Reply #100 on: February 12, 2018, 10:44:48 pm »

Opal, 128

I couldn't seem to tempt more than a few Vong into the deathtrap at once, so I used a lever left over from construction to isolate their advance squad inside and sent our troops to kill them.

The Vong were stronger and better equipped, but in the end they couldn't match the skill of our fighters. The entire advance squad was slain, with no deaths on our side. However, Rainbowdash was badly wounded. To his credit, Rainbowdash refused to pass out until the last Vong died. He even tore one's leg apart with biting.

As the wounded were recovered and the dropped gear collected, I received great news. When their scouts failed to return, the rest of the Yuuzhan Vong decided it was time to leave. Their camp is gone, aside from all the dead animals.

We win.

Obsidian, 128.

Rainbowdash was brought to the hospital. He'll live, but he'll never walk again without a crutch. His rancor is currently watching over him as he rests. *Edit, he eventually recovered and returned to his duties. He's now leading training demonstrations while covered in bandages, stitches, and splints.

To finish up my turn, I'm working on the bedrooms. I also found the results of a forgotten order for statues, so I put up a bunch of those. I've also built a dormitory for those who don't yet have a bedroom.

We've got a Forgotten Beast in the caverns. It's not coming up right now, though. It did manage to easily defeat a bonzami.

And with that, my term comes to an end. I think it went pretty well. Nobody died from the siege and a lot of construction was completed. My only regret is never getting to fire the deathtrap.

Alright, my turn's done. Here's the save, Dunamisdeos.
My mods and forum games.

rainbowdashfanboi84

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #101 on: February 13, 2018, 03:44:08 am »

my character in the hospital singing johnny i hardly knew ya by the dropkick murphys drinking a pint of scotch.....or whatever hard booze is in the galaxy

Robotala

• Bay Watcher
  • Badammmbadau
    • View Profile
« Reply #102 on: February 13, 2018, 07:16:14 am »

Hey can I have a turn? If so, am i allowed to use the lazy newb pack?
I love how the closest to a flame war bay 12 ever gets is an argument over advanced physics

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #103 on: February 13, 2018, 11:39:27 am »

I'll add you to the turn list. Lazy Newb Pack should be fine, as long as the save works. I'll test that when I get a chance.
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #104 on: February 13, 2018, 01:12:52 pm »

I used Lazy Newb pack! It seems to have gone along just fine.

I'll be starting my turn tomorrow! Also, good god jawas are vicious little things when properly taught.
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 ... 12