Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12

Author Topic: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar  (Read 23780 times)

wags

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Jawa Fortress of Rashvir, Deathstar
« Reply #105 on: February 14, 2018, 10:34:05 am »

Can I be dorfed? I would prefer a soldierjawa. Please name them wags.
Have a nice day!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
  • Duggin was the hero we needed.
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 14, 2018, 01:40:04 pm »

Can I be dorfed? I would prefer a soldierjawa. Please name them wags.

I shall do this today.
FACT I: Post note art is best art.
FACT II: Dunamisdeos is a forum-certified wordsmith.
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."
FACT IV: SPEECHO THE TRUSTWORM IS YOUR FRIEND or BEHOLD: THE FRUIT ENGINE 3.0

Robotala

• Bay Watcher
  • Badammmbadau
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: February 14, 2018, 04:04:38 pm »

BTW, What mods are used?
I love how the closest to a flame war bay 12 ever gets is an argument over advanced physics

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 14, 2018, 04:11:15 pm »

Just [This One].

Will update today
FACT III: "All life begins with Post-it notes and ends with Post-it notes. This is the truth! This is my belief!...At least for now."

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 14, 2018, 06:48:01 pm »

Murtaugh? What? It's 6AM, what are... Oh, it's our turn for oversser again.

Ok this is fine. Let's just wake up, unpause and...

Time to build some kind of ridiculous murder machine, then. Must be Primeday.

After realizing that we apparently have quite a few legendary fusion-cutterers who are also expert dodgers, and that Geonosians (which chrome really wants to auto-correct to "Georgians") are approximately the same size as a jawa but lacking any of their inborn ability to murder the piss out of things with a welding tool, I just parked our military in the trade room to pick off invaders as they sauntered by.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:02:04 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #110 on: February 14, 2018, 07:19:22 pm »

But we've already got a ridiculous murder machine all set up and ready to go up north.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 14, 2018, 08:09:34 pm »

But we've already got a ridiculous murder machine all set up and ready to go up north.

WE NEED MORE, SIR.

Ok so, they sent a couple of war reeks ahead, and those were promptly chopped to pieces.

I looked away for a minute, and then came back to find that one of the war reeks has inexplicably caught fire right in the middle of the geonosian war host.

Right around half of the geonosians, though very few of the war animals, appear to have perished.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 08:12:01 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 14, 2018, 08:17:57 pm »

That's bizarre. I have no idea how that could have happened, unless there's another creature there that could start it. Are there any Mandalorians on the map right now? And only one reek exploded, but not all of them?
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 14, 2018, 08:30:41 pm »

Ah, it looks like a wild flamethrower droid moseyed on by and decided to join the fun, thereby toasting half an invasion.

I'm going to build a statue to him and put him near the entrance to terrify future invaders.

I'll tell you hwat though, the incident did stop the geonosians from camping at the edge of the map, and they are now heading for the ridiculous deathtrap. I have my priorities straight, and decided to make some crude geonisian graphics. They came out like weird little ET's with wings.

Update:
This just keeps getting better. After a womp rat tore a geonisian to pieces, this guy shows up.

Spoiler: He's adorable (click to show/hide)

The jawa militia sallied forth to assist him in his quest for justice and geonisian blood. Sadly, he perished in the fighting, and we lost one adequate cutter. The rest of us spanked the remaining geonosian army properly, killing them to the man (bug?). Even Rainbowdash took out a couple of Reeks.

Not so sadly, we now have a steel, silver-colored lightsaber to go around. It shall be awarded to the jawa that accrued the most geonosian kills. Wags received notable injuries, but nothing permanently debilitating or mortal. She is tied for the most, and also is named. Wags' lightsaber training begins now.

We conscripted a beast hunter with previous cutter skill to replenish our military numbers.

It looks like the last thing to happen today was some beasts (and a forgotten beast) snuck in through the caverns to cause some violent ruckus. It was dealt with by the J-team of super-cutter jawa badasses. Tosid, the slayer of the beast, named his cutter as a result.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 09:59:30 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #114 on: February 16, 2018, 04:52:43 pm »

More updates tomorrow, have errands to run on break today ;-;

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 17, 2018, 02:11:02 pm »

Ok Murtaugh, so what we are going to do is build a giant blender.

*Murtaugh beeping frantically*

They must have heard me signing the "just send the Super Violence Welder Squad and forget about it" orders, because they immediately left. Must have been on their way to somewhere else.

Ok let's see, the blender should be dedicated to another mechanical engine of death.... we'll incorporate the statue of the unnamed flamethrower droid into it.

*Murtaugh beeping insistently*

What? A request for justice? What am I, the sheriff of... oh, right.

After eight months of hard labor, the GIANT BLENDERNATOR is nearly complete. Part grand entryway to the settlement, part puree-generating glory.

I don't know what to do with the rest of my turn, but Wags is getting really good with that lightsaber really fast.
It's good to know that the militia can learn so fast, becuase:

At any rate Wags took six months to become a master swordsjawa. Quite the progidy. Also, here's where our breeding pair of rancors are bring kept. There must be a rancor pit eventually.

Finally, we traded for some bars of gold/platinum/sterling silver. Turned those into crafts for later trading. Final thing: the vong returned, but also immediately left. The siege tag remains. Are we in bug trouble? DF-Hack is activatable since i have the newb pack, is there a fix we can try if necessary?

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 04:05:45 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 17, 2018, 04:29:18 pm »

I'm not sure why they keep leaving. Maybe this is related?
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 17, 2018, 04:57:30 pm »

Seems similar. Anyway time is still advancing, I guess it's fine? About to end my turn.

BAM. Turn's done. The military is spread from competent to adept, with Wags already at legendary, somehow. There's a trapdoor near the magma forges that is in no way related to the sudden ceasing of cancellation spam from certain droids.

What else.... there's an extra food basement, rancor pasture, did that... I guess that's it. I really wanted to try the blender, I'm sad that the stormtroopers left.

http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13462

I forgot to turn off the jawa/geonosian graphics. Do with them what you will. If you want em off, just delete [graphics_jawa_dun] from the save raws.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 05:28:29 pm by Dunamisdeos »

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 17, 2018, 05:28:06 pm »

Thanks for playing, Dunamisdeos.
My mods and forum games.

Dunamisdeos

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 17, 2018, 05:28:51 pm »

Down for more after it goes round again. Great fun.
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10 ... 12