Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Will Elves fight Titans? And other Random topics  (Read 525 times)

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Will Elves fight Titans? And other Random topics
« on: January 12, 2018, 04:13:19 pm »

So I was busy ignoring the Elven trade caravan with their worthless items when a Titan showed up. I immediately locked down my fortress to buy myself time to mobilize my militia, but the Elven caravan unfortunately ended up on the inner side of the bridge (in the event of a caravan from the dwarvenhome or humans, i do want to be able to not have them slaughtered if a siege shows up). If I let the Titan get closer, then sic my militia on it (both to fight and to draw it away from the main entrance if it goes to the main entrance), then open/leave the bridge down, will the Elves do anything?
*OF ALL THE TIMES FOR THE DWARVEN CARAVAN TO HAVE JUST LEFT*

Other, more random things: I'm enjoying considerable success in a fort for once (last time was a while ago. Damn cougars). What Dwarven-grade projects should I undertake? A recreation of Project: Fuck the World? Dwarven Checkers in order to colonize the circus? Dig down to adamantine, set up a means of tricking the clowns to heading for the outside world instead of my fort, then declare war on the Elves, get as many elves as possible besieging my fort, and trigger the HFS?
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
Re: Will Elves fight Titans? And other Random topics
« Reply #1 on: January 12, 2018, 05:05:52 pm »

To answer your question: They will defend themselves against the Titan, but if the Titan is any danger to your Dwarves, it will wreak havoc amongst the Elves and you should not expect them to be much more than a speedbump to any respectful Titan.
As for unleashing the HFS upon the Elves... It's a little bit overkill, kinda like setting the house on fire to kill termites. Much better to flood the world with magma

weiserthanyou

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2018, 09:50:33 pm »

I'd let the Elves have front-row seats to the circus more for the fun of it. I know that I could just slaughter them if I wished using more conventional methods, but since when is practicality a staple of dwarven projects? And now to lock my doors but let the Elves go greet the Titan...
Dwarf Fortress: The only game where a person can have his head be destroyed by necrosis and only die when the doctor amputates his torso.

Loud Whispers

• Bay Watcher
  • They said we have to aim higher, so we dug deeper.
    • View Profile
    • I APPLAUD YOU SIRRAH
« Reply #3 on: January 13, 2018, 05:28:28 am »

Make sure you get all the rare wild animals you may ever need from them before enraging them