Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10

Author Topic: Demon Summoning Test (round 2)  (Read 32268 times)

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Summoning Test
« Reply #60 on: January 22, 2018, 08:16:20 pm »

Melee
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 23, 2018, 03:01:59 am »

Melee

This system isn't going to be as sweet if fights are going to take this many turns. Given that there's only three-five inputs each and AFAIK like two variables involved in the battle, why not match simplicity with brevity?
One wheel short of a wagon

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #62 on: January 23, 2018, 11:07:16 am »

Melee

This system isn't going to be as sweet if fights are going to take this many turns. Given that there's only three-five inputs each and AFAIK like two variables involved in the battle, why not match simplicity with brevity?
Melee

Originally the demon fights were going to be automated in this simple form, which I can switch back to, but I got away from that because there are a lot of powers that can be used tactically that can't really be used well if just selected at random. Of course that doesn't really show up right now since you don't know what they do.

Mep's attack hits Bis' flotsam shields and rebounds uselessly. Bis' on the other hand pounds Mep with a punch, splattering ink and body sections everywhere, but not killing.

The flotsam shields disperse.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 23, 2018, 11:44:58 am »

Magic

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 23, 2018, 02:45:31 pm »

Melee
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #65 on: January 25, 2018, 12:28:05 pm »

Magic
Melee

Mep casts a glowing red sigil on Bif but just before the sigil can burn into the demon's flesh, it shatters.

Bif grabs the opposing demon with one and and smashes it flat with the other.

YOTTA WINS! Though not by much.

So, at this point the winners have two choices, continue with this demon or submit another design.

They can also vote on whether or not they want a simplified, no player interaction version that will be done fast, or a more expanded traditional RTD style one on one arena combat style.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Summoning Test (round 2)
« Reply #66 on: January 25, 2018, 12:39:52 pm »

I'm happy with bininffal.  And simple.

Person

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 25, 2018, 01:30:43 pm »

If I submit a design will I get into the next round? I'm rather tempted to mess with some of the runes from Perplexicon. Probably will try my own thing first though. Or just try to submit the rune at the top of the first post and probably die horribly.
Please don't let textbooks invade Bay12.
The Conquistadors only have the faintest idea of what the modern world is like when they are greeted by two hostile WWI Veterans riding on a giant potato; Welcome to 2016.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 25, 2018, 04:55:29 pm »

I'm fine with keeping my current demon. I'm also alright with a more complex style of combat, but I'm a bit bias since I have 5 possible actions due to my powers and most of the other players only have 2-3.
« Last Edit: January 25, 2018, 09:03:56 pm by Yottawhat »

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 25, 2018, 05:14:16 pm »

While I don't get a vote, an automated version of the current setup would be better than manual rock-paper-scissors or whatever the mechanic is.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 25, 2018, 08:05:40 pm »

New Version, please! As for system, lets go wqith a slightly expanded rtd style arena. Nothing too fancy, though.

Spoiler: A few modifications (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 26, 2018, 08:00:29 am by Ozarck »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 25, 2018, 09:02:51 pm »

New demon, new system please!

Spoiler: let's go all-in (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 25, 2018, 10:07:57 pm »

Can't wait to use this! Well, actually, I've been waiting two weeks or so, but it was mostly my fault. Anyway, CIRCLE!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #73 on: January 26, 2018, 12:38:46 pm »

People seem to want to post more so I'll take the four winners of the original round Plus 4 more. Ocean is the first, person is next if he posts an image.

So far I have 2 votes for each style and egan with a vote for "New" which is a little confusing because both of them are new.  Does that mean "Expanded" or "Simplified" egan?

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 26, 2018, 06:56:58 pm »

Expanded.
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 10