Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Demon Summoning Test (round 2)  (Read 30871 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
Re: Demon Summoning Test (round 2)
« Reply #135 on: February 11, 2018, 03:50:11 pm »

We shall pore over a few of the countless tomes contained here, searching for the nuggets of eldritch wisdom surely contained within this strange plane! Why, this is the more alien Hell we've ever encountered! No fractal pillars holding up reality to be seen! How does it not collapse into a suffering singularity!?

If any wretch comes this way they shall suffer the Curse of Ignorance!

Spoiler: Cinnamonstick! (click to show/hide)
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 11, 2018, 05:08:22 pm »

Murder civilians. A traditional start.
One wheel short of a wagon

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 11, 2018, 05:42:26 pm »

"Go, Biniffal!"

[spoiler=Action]Get Biniffal moving, towards the hallway leading out from the anchor store.  If any demons are sighted, use the Ranged attack against them, or the Melee attack depending on location.  Murder any civilians that oppose this action.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #138 on: February 14, 2018, 12:24:47 pm »

Murder civilians. A traditional start.
Please post your demon name at least.

You alter the dumbstruck into struck down, cleaving them apart with your blade and exploding their bodies with your electrical arms.

"Go, Biniffal!"

Spoiler: Action (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Bissy (click to show/hide)
Biniffal walks through the front of the store, not opposed by anyone, and notices two demons; one tearing apart a store and another in a fountain. You decide to order your demon to attack the one in the fountain, since you have a better line of sight.

Biniffal aligns the ballista on his back and fires a steel bolt the size of a man into the other demon. The blow lands like a harpoon in the demon's side and it spouts watery blood.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Despite being harpooned in the side, Bissy turns its attention to the demon in the store across from it and hurls a bloody whirlpool at it. The blow strikes the front of the store and tears it to pieces but the demon within leaps back, avoiding the damage

The first demon Mod sees is the one controlled by Egan, right across from it, through the open front of the bookstore. Mod points at the demon and utters something unspeakable. A mark, a glowing bit of angellic script written with lightning, appears above that demon's head.

We shall pore over a few of the countless tomes contained here, searching for the nuggets of eldritch wisdom surely contained within this strange plane! Why, this is the more alien Hell we've ever encountered! No fractal pillars holding up reality to be seen! How does it not collapse into a suffering singularity!?

If any wretch comes this way they shall suffer the Curse of Ignorance!

Cinnamonstick feels the cursed mark settle over him and turns to curse the one that did it. The mark appears on the demon's skin and shimmers there for a moment before it cracks and then shatters, unable to inflict itself upon a demon of such fortitude.

Is Corqufal setting the place on fire on account of him being made of regenerating flame? If so, great. do nothing. If not, warn the clerk that he might not be getting paid enough for this shit. By which I mean, have Corqufal roar and start throwing shit around. Then go out into the main aisle and cause a stampede in the general direction of the others.

Everything around your demon catches fire as soon as you decide it should. Hmm, seems his fire is dangerous only if you will it to be.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: February 14, 2018, 02:47:10 pm »

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: February 14, 2018, 04:42:16 pm »

Run out into the aisle and syringe-stab Binnifal (dev) through the uninsurables.

Tangential.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 04:43:52 pm by NJW2000 »

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 14, 2018, 05:33:20 pm »

Use my third power on the chain.

« Last Edit: February 14, 2018, 06:33:39 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #142 on: February 14, 2018, 06:19:34 pm »

Kill it! Harpoons away!

Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: February 14, 2018, 07:14:44 pm »

Biniffal defends himself against the charging demon with Melee.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #144 on: February 14, 2018, 09:53:07 pm »

Alright. Let's go set fire to Sears. Especially around the doors into the rest of the mall.

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 02:22:23 pm by Ozarck »

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #145 on: February 17, 2018, 01:00:19 pm »

Lighting gathers on Mod's eyestalks and then lashes out at Cin. Cin  ducks behind a bookshelf and avoids the blast, escaping in a hail of burning books.

Run out into the aisle and syringe-stab Binnifal (dev) through the uninsurables.

Tangential.
Biniffal defends himself against the charging demon with Melee.
Bin and Cumzetus engage in brutal melee combat, neither even bothering to block or dodge, just hammering away on their opponent.

Alright. Let's go set fire to Sears. Especially around the doors into the rest of the mall.

You wander away and just spread fire over into a failing American mega store.

Chain?

Kill it! Harpoons away!

[4 turns left]
It? I'm assuming the guy attacking you.

Cin-e-suc fires a barrage of harpoons at Mod, impaling the demon multiple times before ripping the barbed weapons back out in a burst of gore.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #146 on: February 17, 2018, 01:06:37 pm »

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Yottawhat

• Bay Watcher
  • New face, new look.
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: February 17, 2018, 01:09:58 pm »

Chain?

Balls, thought the harpoon was connected to the other demon via a chain.

Could I retroactively change my action to use my second power?

Current turn:

Move into the uniform store

« Last Edit: February 17, 2018, 01:16:17 pm by Yottawhat »
(1) You start forward with determination and certainty. You carry this determination with you right into the gaping crater that opens under your feet. You fall into a pit. The sounds of combat above dim, along with the light from the suns. In the quiet below, you hear some other noises instead.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #148 on: February 17, 2018, 02:29:08 pm »

THere is method to my madness. Probably. Head down the right side of the mall, purchasing or stealing:
From Hot Topic: a pair of Jeans
From Hat World: a Top hat, a cowboy hat, and a beanie
From Victoria's Secret: A comfortable, form fitting bra. Yes, I mean form fitting for Corqufal.

Only set fire to the stores which are rude to Corqufal. Running in terror or hiding and trying not to cry are not counted as rudeness, but other methods of refusing service will be.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #149 on: February 17, 2018, 02:47:28 pm »

Cumzetus retreats and uses Fog.

Tangential.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]