Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Web-Spinning Forgotten Beast - Capturable?  (Read 4039 times)

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Web-Spinning Forgotten Beast - Capturable?
« Reply #15 on: January 18, 2018, 08:56:58 am »

I'm a Pokémon/Forgotten Beast collector. Our Fortress was established to house the largest Mint for our Nation in addition to taming/capturing all new exotic species/beasts.

So, a bit of a role-playing, a bit of hobby-collecting, & a lead-up to a nice Colosseum show-down fight that'll occur during the Centennial Anniversary Party.

I see. First create the silk farm with this FB, like I suggested. Next build some cage traps in the webbing room and put dog on chain to get FB to spit some webs all around there. Then using bridges make path for FB to walk through those webbed cage traps. Bait with another chair or something? I read on wiki, though never actually tried it out, that webbed cage traps can still capture web spinning FBs.

If the webbed cage traps fail, make sure you can walk FB back to its part of the silk farm. Even if it can't be in zoo, it can still be functional part of your fortress.

Thanks for the suggestion! Unfortunately, didn't work. Can you quote/link that wiki section? I want to see where someone wrote a load of rubbish, like they did with Giant Hamsters being unable to breed.

Edit: & so we're all clear, I really don't want a silk farm. I'm merely just collecting them like a Stamp collection; just there to look pretty.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 10:51:08 am by Encrtia »
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 18, 2018, 01:42:04 pm »

You could always just kill it and put its corpse on display in a display case if you wanted that way you can still collect it just not living (which atm dose not seem possible without messing with raws sadly)

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 18, 2018, 01:47:46 pm »

This is true, sadly. But taxidermy isn't my thing.
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

Fluffe9911

• Bay Watcher
  • Such ‼Socks‼ Much Fun
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 01:59:01 pm »

Ah alright well if you do find a way to catch him then be sure to tell how lol anyway gl

Sarmatian123

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 02:09:52 pm »

dwarffortresswiki.org/index.php/DF2014:Forgotten_beast
"Forgotten beasts are hard to catch, being both [TRAPAVOID] and [NOSTUN]; however trapping them is not impossible. All webbed creatures become vulnerable to traps, except for the ones that have a webbing attack of their own: having a giant cave spider shoot web on your cage traps will render them into perfect FB-proof nets. Your new prizes can be put to various uses; the most obvious ones consist in dropping them onto various invaders - forgotten beasts are hostile toward each other and will attack any wildlife or civilized creature they may encounter - but with careful micromanagement, the opportunities are limitless."

So I guess this trick I wrote about works on FBs in general, but not on web-attack FBs. [nostun] makes any attempts at knocking them off futile as well. There is no way, you can put webbing FB in cage.

You could always try to make tiny 3x1 room with floor, roof and walls out of clear glass blocks. Still, a wall is a wall and if Dwarves could see FB through it, they would still freak out. :D

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 04:38:12 pm »

Given that building destroyers require two tiles distance to destroy buildings, it should be possible to drop an FB into a single tile "room" with 4 windows by covering the top of the windows with drawbridges and have the floor the FB is made to stand on supported only by a support.
Apart from the engineering challenge, it's rather pointless, though, as dorfs would be scared at the sight of it, as mentioned.
Pages: 1 [2]