Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Undoing necromancer curse  (Read 2041 times)

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
Undoing necromancer curse
« on: January 13, 2018, 02:36:25 pm »

So, my fort has several books with the secrets of life and death. I didn't think about it while making my library and now half of my dwarves are necromancers. As odd as it sounds to many of you I don't want this. Is there a way through modding or perhaps dfhack to uncurse a dwarf in a current fort without a world regen?

I do have back up saves and do have the option of loading old saves until I get one without necromancers, but I would rather not since I have done a number of complicated tasks since.
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

Zammer990

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Undoing necromancer curse
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 04:57:36 am »

Kill them all?
On a more serious note, it's a long shot but making something updatable that gives a syndrome with the opposite effects of becoming a necromancer might work, but I'm not sure what's updatable without at least a fort reset.
Syndrome for necromancer:
Code: [Select]
[CE_DISPLAY_TILE:TILE:165:5:0:1:START:0]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME:necromancer:necromancers:necromantic:START:0]
[CE_ADD_TAG:NOEXERT:NO_AGING:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Animate corpse]
[CDI:INTERACTION:EXAMPLE RAISE]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:10]
[CDI:VERB:gesture:gestures:NA]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:shudder and begin to move:shudders and begins to move]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]
syndrome that *might* undo that
Code: [Select]
[CE_DISPLAY_NAME:NAME: : : :START:0]
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:NOEXERT:NO_AGING:NO_EAT:NO_DRINK:NO_SLEEP:NO_PHYS_ATT_GAIN:NO_PHYS_ATT_RUST:START:0]
[CE_CAN_DO_INTERACTION:START:0]
[CDI:ADV_NAME:Animate corpse]
[CDI:INTERACTION:EXAMPLE RAISE]
[CDI:TARGET:A:LINE_OF_SIGHT]
[CDI:TARGET_RANGE:A:0]
[CDI:VERB:gesture:gestures:NA]
[CDI:TARGET_VERB:shudder and begin to move:shudders and begins to move]
[CDI:WAIT_PERIOD:10]
But you're gonna hope someone better at interactions cleans that up, not sure how overwriting interactions works, and I don't think tile icons are resetable to default.
If your animals aren't expendable, you could always station a dwarf or two out there?

IndigoFenix

• Bay Watcher
  • All things die, but nothing dies forever.
    • View Profile
    • Boundworlds: A Browser-Based Multiverse Creation and Exploration Game
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 11:08:51 am »

You can't "overwrite" interactions this way.  I'm pretty sure there's no way of deactivating necromancy using regular syndromes.
DFHack should be able to do it though, but I'm not sure if it has a built-in method for doing so.  I think it does have something called remove-curse, but I can't remember if it works on necromancers.

Halnoth

• Bay Watcher
  • Plan for the Worst. Hope for the Best. Have Fun!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 05:28:16 pm »

You can't "overwrite" interactions this way.  I'm pretty sure there's no way of deactivating necromancy using regular syndromes.
DFHack should be able to do it though, but I'm not sure if it has a built-in method for doing so.  I think it does have something called remove-curse, but I can't remember if it works on necromancers.

There is a cursecheck, but I couldn't find a remove curse. I'll just save scum then and be more diligent about necro books in the future. Thanks
One of the dwarfs walked in front of Thor to get a better view of the prye, and Thor kicked him irritably into the middle of the flames, which made Thor feel slightly better and made all the dwarfs feel much worse.

Cloth Armor Mod http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=158967.msg7063531#msg7063531

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 12:11:26 am »

It can be done but it's not easy.  First off you have to use modtools/add-syndrome with the -erase option.  Then you have to full-heal the dwarf.  Then if it keeps coming back you may also have to go into its historical figure data structure and erase the entries from figure.info.curse.active_interactions and figure.info.curse.active_effects