Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Embarked on a !!spoiler!!  (Read 1004 times)

DauntlessGolem

• Bay Watcher
  • New player, lets go.
    • View Profile
Embarked on a !!spoiler!!
« on: January 14, 2018, 12:09:36 am »

Spoiler warning for adventure mode stuff.

So I finally embarked on a vault after giving up trying to figure out how to get divine metals without adventure mode. I forbid all doors and it is going good right now but the first thing I saw that the slab for the demon was literally outside. Like a lawn ornament. The heck do i do with this?

CaptainArchmage

• Bay Watcher
  • Profile Pic has Changed! Sorry for the Delay.
    • View Profile
Re: Embarked on a !!spoiler!!
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 01:13:21 am »

Spoiler: Is Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Put it in your library? I believe if the slab is destroyed it should be possible to banish or control the demon or something. Maybe that's not in yet.

But it would be funny to see what happens if a copy is made.

Edit: Put it in the library, then you know where the said library is. You can collect the slab as an adventurer.
Science: Make a fuckton of copies of the slab. See whether the copy works in adventure mode.
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 01:16:00 am by CaptainArchmage »
Given current events, I've altered my profile pic and I'm sorry it took so long to fix. If you find the old one on any of my accounts elsewhere on the internet, let me know by message (along with the specific site) and I'll fix. Can't link the revised avatar for some reason.

DauntlessGolem

• Bay Watcher
  • New player, lets go.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 02:31:50 am »

Spoiler: Is Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Put it in your library? I believe if the slab is destroyed it should be possible to banish or control the demon or something. Maybe that's not in yet.

But it would be funny to see what happens if a copy is made.

Edit: Put it in the library, then you know where the said library is. You can collect the slab as an adventurer.
Science: Make a fuckton of copies of the slab. See whether the copy works in adventure mode.

Does a slab function like a book for libraries and etc? I thought it was always a stonecraft/engraving type thing
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 02:33:33 am by DauntlessGolem »

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 04:45:38 am »

As far as I've seen on the forum slabs are not copied in player fortress libraries.

wierd

• Bay Watcher
  • I like to eat small children.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 05:05:25 am »

I did science on this some time ago with a necro tower.

Slabs do not do the thing in fortress mode, only books.  Dwarves have no real interest in copying a slab.

Purdurabo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2018, 11:14:56 am »

[

Just tested this and it seems that the game crashes everytime it tries to write a book with this secret in it.

snow dwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • Is always cold
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2018, 11:21:10 pm »

It makes in-game sense. Slabs are divine objects and their power comes from the object itself not from what's written on them and thus can't be simply copied, while necromancer books were written by the necromancers and what's written inside has the actual power not the book itself and thus can be copied.
Here at Bay12 we excel at Theoretical Biology. Need to know the value of Merbone? Check. Need to know the density of a thrown Fluffy Wambler? Check. Need to know how a walking Mushroom can theoretically talk? Check.

Bumber

• Bay Watcher
  • REMOVE KOBOLD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2018, 02:06:39 am »

Just tested this and it seems that the game crashes everytime it tries to write a book with this secret in it.
Report it on the bug tracker.
Reading his name would trigger it. Thinking of him would trigger it. No other circumstances would trigger it- it was strictly related to the concept of Bill Clinton entering the conscious mind.

THE xTROLL FUR SOCKx RUSE WAS A........... DISTACTION        the carp HAVE the wagon

A wizard has turned you into a wagon. This was inevitable (Y/y)?