Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33

Author Topic: Dom5 Round502 - Get back to work!  (Read 36370 times)

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dom5 Round502 - Get back to work!
« Reply #345 on: March 21, 2018, 10:57:34 am »

If you're referring to what I suspect you are, that may or may not be a bug, but it doesn't relate to on-hit or on-damage effects.

Re-watch the replay in slow motion (it took me three viewings to figure this out); the first two Coral Spear hits do 0 damage, and no poison is accrued. It's only (and immediately) after the first Atlantian Infantry is killed that poison accrues, which points to Poison Barbs. In theory, a length-1 weapon being wielded by something size 4+ would exceed the "length 1 or less to be affected" criteria on Barbs, but it looks like it isn't. Either it's a bug because the length is being checked based strictly on the weapon value and that should not have happened, or it's WAD because JK is construing the extra 1 length to be arm's reach and that won't help keep a giant-sized hand with a length-1 weapon any further from the Barbs than a hoburg-sized hand with a length-1 weapon.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #346 on: March 22, 2018, 12:18:04 pm »

Just as a heads-up, I'll be traveling over the coming week, but it probably won't affect my ability to play. It will make it more likely that I'll be less responsive as an admin. I'd ask that any any admin requests be made in the thread rather than by PM, as it'll be easier to check the thread rather than checking PMs (i.e., I can check the thread on my phone).

Boksi

• Bay Watcher
  • Everyone's dumb in their own special way
    • View Profile
« Reply #347 on: March 22, 2018, 01:37:42 pm »

Ragha, did you get an event with undead attack in silver grove (5) this turn?
Some asshole necromancer attacked and stole some of my death gems too.
[BODY_DETAIL:NAIL:NAIL:NAIL]
[HAMMER:HAMMER:HAMMER]

[TSU_NOUN:nose]
[SUN_TSU_NOUN:art:war]

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #348 on: March 22, 2018, 07:04:55 pm »

Thanks for playing Ragnoff. :) Sorry things clashed so messily with your RL schedule.  :'(

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #349 on: March 24, 2018, 07:00:05 pm »

So I stalled while sieging utgard's capital...and nothing happened, the siege continued on as normal. :-\
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #350 on: March 24, 2018, 07:13:43 pm »

So I stalled while sieging utgard's capital...and nothing happened, the siege continued on as normal. :-\

Well yes, you have to tell your troops to storm it.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #351 on: March 26, 2018, 11:14:38 pm »

Well yes, you have to tell your troops to storm it.
The fort wasn't breached, giant citadel are quite tough, I just expected utgard to send constant attacks to try to break my sieging force...now instead they are just massing troops...500 at this point bordering my sieging army.

Edit. They just watched me walk into their fort(which has boulder throwers on the walls) and kill the pretender.
« Last Edit: March 27, 2018, 04:01:26 am by etgfrog »
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #352 on: March 27, 2018, 09:18:49 am »

Most of my recent turns consist of assigning tomb guardians as bodyguards to mages and giving the longdead my priests spawn to a commander.

!FUN!

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #353 on: March 27, 2018, 09:48:32 am »

You have my sympathy, things like that are why I pick derpy nations often.

[He says, shuffling blood slaves around]

Oh, trading slaves for gems. As in I give you gems, for your blood slaves.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #354 on: March 28, 2018, 05:32:10 pm »

...done traveling, so I should be contributing no more than my usual amount of delays for the foreseeable future.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #355 on: March 29, 2018, 03:21:51 am »

Huh. Can magic duel spell be used by communion masters? It is second time my pretender (5 to 7 astral with communions) utterly refuses to cast it on Ragha mages (1-2 astral), while casting it just fine without communion. If it's the case, it's pretty damn important case that isn't mentioned anywhere i can remember.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #356 on: March 29, 2018, 10:12:00 am »

Well. It may or may not be, but you should be aware that only natural Astral levels count - the only "booster" that counts is empowerment. So your pretender would have had not-wonderful odds despite the artificially elevated level.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #357 on: March 29, 2018, 04:21:25 pm »

Huh. Can magic duel spell be used by communion masters? It is second time my pretender (5 to 7 astral with communions) utterly refuses to cast it on Ragha mages (1-2 astral), while casting it just fine without communion. If it's the case, it's pretty damn important case that isn't mentioned anywhere i can remember.

I'd never risk Magic Duel with a Pretender to be honest, unless they are immortal.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #358 on: March 29, 2018, 06:22:03 pm »

S9 is *usually* safe so long as R'lyeh isn't around and there aren't any other high-astral pretenders about. At that point you auto-kill anything S3 or below, and S4 has a 1-in-36 chance of killing both duelists. That's probably more relevant for casting Strands than Dueling, though.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #359 on: March 30, 2018, 03:06:25 am »

I'd never risk Magic Duel with a Pretender to be honest, unless they are immortal.
And she is.
Well. It may or may not be, but you should be aware that only natural Astral levels count - the only "booster" that counts is empowerment. So your pretender would have had not-wonderful odds despite the artificially elevated level.
And this too. Not any obvious.  >:(

Also.

It's my own fort, stupid game! (Ragha raided my fortress, i "breaked siege", they flied away, i got this. Same thing happened when i attacked his PD-less fort - "enemy temple was swiftly razed")
Pages: 1 ... 22 23 [24] 25 26 ... 33