Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33

Author Topic: Dom5 Round502 - Get back to work!  (Read 36338 times)

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
Re: Dom5 Round502 - Pretenders inbound!
« Reply #60 on: January 18, 2018, 04:42:45 pm »

Oh no I'm not done testing my scales since I was busy talking about corners! Well, I'll run a couple more test games just to be sure.
Looks like you  8) cornered yourself.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm actually Korbac! :)
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: January 18, 2018, 04:52:22 pm »

Pretender posted! Also, if you're listening Grek, plz join in, it's gonna be a wild ride.
I'm Korbac. Not sure what happened to that account.

etgfrog

• Bay Watcher
  • delete & NULL;
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 18, 2018, 10:00:02 pm »

Pretender sent
"How dare you get angry after being scammed."

Cruxador

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 18, 2018, 11:19:14 pm »

Is it customary to notify when the pretender is sent even though it can readily be checked? I've gone ahead and sent mine in, anyway. Hardest part is always picking a name. If only I could have one more character, it would have been a lot better.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:27:55 pm by Cruxador »

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: January 18, 2018, 11:27:59 pm »

Is it customary to notify when the pretender is sent even though it can readily be checked? I've gone ahead and sent mine in, anyway. Hardest part is always picking a name.
No need. If we get an unexpected submission, it's likely to pop up in no time.

a1s

• Bay Watcher
  • Torchlight Venturer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2018, 05:49:22 am »

Better safe then sorry. I almost got kicked out of 501, because I didn't announce my pretender (and then missed the post asking whose it was.) We resolved the issue before the game started though.
That being said, my pretender is in.
I tried to play chess but two of my opponents were playing competitive checkers as a third person walked in with Game of Thrones in hand confused cause they thought this was the book club.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2018, 05:56:01 am »

Sent pretender, and double wishing to get near C'tis after looking at their stats. It's very bad thing to want, so i no longer do.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 05:59:06 am by MCreeper »

Ragnoff

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2018, 07:41:35 am »

Pretender is in
I am Ulm (Dominions games 406 & 407)

ThtblovesDF

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2018, 11:33:57 am »

In is Pretender.

I picked rando file, so we'll see. Can't choose with all these bless-things around.

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2018, 01:53:22 pm »

Sent pretender, and double wishing to get near C'tis after looking at their stats. It's very bad thing to want, so i no longer do.

Stats? You mean like overall winrate or wot?

USEC_OFFICER

• Bay Watcher
  • Pulls the strings and makes them ring.
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2018, 02:00:54 pm »

I'm in with Utgard. Hopefully I don't fuck up too much.

MCreeper

• Bay Watcher
  • My bus is late
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2018, 02:11:21 pm »

Morale. Most of C'tis are pretty cowardly bunch, and getting massive fear on Lemuria is easier because their bigger commanders already have fear, and one of their heroes have 13 of it. Although there are mages and sacreds and the fact that i'm not getting construction 4 and hero from the beginning and other things i didn't taken into account in my fit of unhealthy self confidence and very unhealthy desire to kill the "weak".  :-[

Wysthric

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2018, 02:15:43 pm »

Morale. Most of C'tis are pretty cowardly bunch, and getting massive fear on Lemuria is easier because their bigger commanders already have fear, and one of their heroes have 13 of it. Although there are mages and sacreds and the fact that i'm not getting construction 4 and hero from the beginning and other things i didn't taken into account in my fit of unhealthy self confidence and very unhealthy desire to kill the "weak".  :-[

Dude, you win by defeating everyone. Don't be ashamed for it. I am indeed probably the weakest player here, but who knows what might happen if a third party (or a fourth, or fifth...) complicates things. Nonetheless looking forward to a good fight from you.  :)

Il Palazzo

• Bay Watcher
  • And lo, the Dude did abide. And it was good.
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2018, 02:21:31 pm »

Morale. Most of C'tis are pretty cowardly bunch, and getting massive fear on Lemuria is easier because their bigger commanders already have fear, and one of their heroes have 13 of it.
C'tis is also one of the nations best suited to dealing with undead, thanks to powerful priests and death mages.

Better safe then sorry. I almost got kicked out of 501, because I didn't announce my pretender (and then missed the post asking whose it was.) We resolved the issue before the game started though.
We had a different system in that game, where you weren't supposed to announce your nation choice until submitting a pretender. Here, I know who's who, so it's easier to spot any interlopers.

Anyway, just waiting for Endymion's Man now. I guess Grek won't be joining us after all.

E. Albright

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2018, 03:32:57 pm »

Just remember, the first few of us who die will very possibly be killed by geography, and the next few after that by diplomacy...
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5] 6 7 ... 33