Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.06 Released  (Read 19924 times)

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.06 Released
« Reply #45 on: March 11, 2018, 11:17:26 am »

Quote from: ToadyOne
Stole a beakdog and it doesn't appear on the (z) animals menu, so I can't assign it for butchering (or anything else). Appears on the list of fortress pets (u) though.

Ack, I thought I had integrated them properly.  Apparently they are not integrated very well at all.

You did Toady from the looks of things, but as i detailed in my reply & my follow up child(?) report its all down to entity tags

For a summary, the civilization selects creatures without fortress mode purpose from [PET] or [PET_EXOTIC] out of bounds which then get picked up by raiders, in many ways the typical [EVIL][GOOD] tags are irrelevant in the face of [ANIMAL] tokens for establishing the ubiquity that old [COMMON_DOMESTIC] delivered. A single pair of tags like [GOOD] & [MOUNT] is good enough for elves to take unicorns from a local good forest even though they wouldn't be playable if you stole one from the elves in a raid.

Code workaround within.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 11, 2018, 12:06:54 pm by FantasticDorf »

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: March 11, 2018, 04:41:51 pm »

Thanks for the release, Toady. Already having a blast reading the post-worldgen battle reports. :)
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Random_Dragon

• Bay Watcher
  • Psycho Bored Dragon
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: March 12, 2018, 02:43:09 am »

An interesting surprise to see such sudden work on the latest round of bugfixes. Will be neat to see.
On DF Wiki On DFFD

"Hey idiots, someone hacked my account to call you all idiots! Wasn't me you idiots!" seems to stretch credulity a bit.

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: March 12, 2018, 04:51:55 pm »

Is anyone getting mercenary visitors petitioning for residence? I don't recall a single one since 0.44.01 . I only get scholars, monster hunters and bards. When I get warriors other than monster hunters, they are always searching for artifacts.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: March 12, 2018, 05:03:36 pm »

Is anyone getting mercenary visitors petitioning for residence? I don't recall a single one since 0.44.01 . I only get scholars, monster hunters and bards. When I get warriors other than monster hunters, they are always searching for artifacts.
Yes, I do get the occasional merc in 0.44.05, but they're about as rare as I'd like peddlers and monks to be, i.e. an occasional bit of flavor, but I guess you shouldn't set up dedicated temples if you don't want those (the single pilgrim is suitably rare).

And a somewhat oddish development (0.44.05): an artifact hunter who'd been caught sneaking but fled returned later with the displayed intent of applying for work as a monster hunter. He was executed for attempted thievery before getting the chance to petition, though.
I have had quite a few artifact thieves who returned after fleeing, but they all continued to seek for the artifact (and they were all executed).

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 12, 2018, 05:07:58 pm »

Some mercs are attracted by fighting. Certainly my merc count is up now that my main entrance is splattered with the remains of a couple of failed sieges. But yeah, they seem to start off a lot slower than in the previous version. Which works for me.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2018, 05:36:52 pm »

Yes, I do get the occasional merc in 0.44.05, but they're about as rare as I'd like peddlers and monks to be, i.e. an occasional bit of flavor, but I guess you shouldn't set up dedicated temples if you don't want those (the single pilgrim is suitably rare).

And a somewhat oddish development (0.44.05): an artifact hunter who'd been caught sneaking but fled returned later with the displayed intent of applying for work as a monster hunter. He was executed for attempted thievery before getting the chance to petition, though.
I have had quite a few artifact thieves who returned after fleeing, but they all continued to seek for the artifact (and they were all executed).

Yeah that may be related to the one I reported during .05 here: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10577
0010577: Dwarf quester asks+denied artifact -> leaves map -> returns 1 second later - asks+denied artifact, repeating multiple times.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

alpha

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: March 12, 2018, 05:52:44 pm »

0.44.06 crashes (freezes) on linux (vanilla, no utilites etc used) all the time in fort mode without any consistent reason. During freeze, music continues playing, but CPU usage goes to 100% and stays there.
The game picture remains permanently frozen. Console log shows no new errors/messages.

Happens between once every 20 minutes to once every 2 hours. Not very fun or playable. :'(
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]