Dwarf Fortress > DF Announcements

Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released

(1/28) > >>

Toady One:
Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

One fix on top of the last release, for visitors that had become broken, acting like partial residents.  Any broken visitors themselves are unpatchable in affected saves, so it was important to get this one up quickly.  Old saves are compatible as usual, and should not get new broken visitors, but visitors that are currently acting strange will still be acting strange, and likely will not depart.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Stopped certain visitors from being treated like (buggy) residents

-------0.44.04 Notes------------

This is another bug fix release to start the new year.  A few of the bad five-second freeze/lag problems caused by the new release have been fixed, and large beasts should move off the edge of the map again.  Over in adventure mode, inappropriate creatures shouldn't yell 'identify yourself' and companions should participate in conflicts as they used to, and some other issues of reputation should be solved, especially among citizens of the starting town.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Stopped displayed artifacts from duplicating on retirement/offloading of site
   (*) Made attacking giant monsters path to targets properly again
   (*) Stopped extraneous dwarf mode conversation text generation (freezes)
   (*) Stopped negative artifact location rumors from passing around so much (freezes)
   (*) Made removing first stop of hauling route w/ assigned vehicle not cause issues/crashes
   (*) Stopped crash caused by yielding to muggers
   (*) Stopped creatures from asking for identity when they shouldn't be able to speak
   (*) Fixed problem with companions and other close people not always recognizing your relationship to them

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Made returning mercenaries stop petitioning for sanctuary (existing petitions will still be there)
   (*) Prevented unirrigated etc. top-left corners etc. from stopping planting in farms
   (*) Stopped inaccessible pile tiles from stopping bin/barrel placement throughout pile
   (*) Allowed stairs to be carved in ice that is one tile above stone properly
   (*) Added building item TSK indicator to ground items as well
   (*) Stopped designations for removal of ramps/constructions from working on hidden tiles
   (*) Removed incorrect back instruction from burrow naming
   (*) Properly saved freeing hf in relevant historical event (Quietust)
   (*) Fixed a few cases of historical event for identities reporting wrong historical figure
   (*) Fixed kitchen job hotkeys

TD1:
Alas, the Dwarves no longer display the hospitality towards newcomers that they once did.

It is a dark time for all.

((Thank you!))

Orkel:
Nice. Going to kill my current visitors with DFhack and then update to this version - and see if I still get mercenaries/questers that never leave the fort.

Orkel:

--- Quote from: Orkel on January 14, 2018, 05:28:26 pm ---Nice. Going to kill my current visitors with DFhack and then update to this version - and see if I still get mercenaries/questers that never leave the fort.

--- End quote ---

So far no dice unfortunately, the new patch questers have been in my tavern for almost 2 years now. Civilian visitors leave just fine, it's just these artifact seekers that don't.

I will try generating a new world in 0.44.05 and see if that helps. This world was generated in 0.44.03, which was the patch where the "questers leave properly" bugfix happened, so there shouldn't be an issue (but there is). I'll also up this save to the bugtracker just to be sure, before the new world is genned.

It's likely a different bug from the one fixed in .05

Rose:
Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version