Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released  (Read 98188 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released
« on: January 14, 2018, 04:45:19 pm »

Download (Click refresh on your browser if it doesn't show up)

One fix on top of the last release, for visitors that had become broken, acting like partial residents.  Any broken visitors themselves are unpatchable in affected saves, so it was important to get this one up quickly.  Old saves are compatible as usual, and should not get new broken visitors, but visitors that are currently acting strange will still be acting strange, and likely will not depart.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Stopped certain visitors from being treated like (buggy) residents

-------0.44.04 Notes------------

This is another bug fix release to start the new year.  A few of the bad five-second freeze/lag problems caused by the new release have been fixed, and large beasts should move off the edge of the map again.  Over in adventure mode, inappropriate creatures shouldn't yell 'identify yourself' and companions should participate in conflicts as they used to, and some other issues of reputation should be solved, especially among citizens of the starting town.

Major bug fixes
   (*) Stopped displayed artifacts from duplicating on retirement/offloading of site
   (*) Made attacking giant monsters path to targets properly again
   (*) Stopped extraneous dwarf mode conversation text generation (freezes)
   (*) Stopped negative artifact location rumors from passing around so much (freezes)
   (*) Made removing first stop of hauling route w/ assigned vehicle not cause issues/crashes
   (*) Stopped crash caused by yielding to muggers
   (*) Stopped creatures from asking for identity when they shouldn't be able to speak
   (*) Fixed problem with companions and other close people not always recognizing your relationship to them

Other bug fixes/tweaks
   (*) Made returning mercenaries stop petitioning for sanctuary (existing petitions will still be there)
   (*) Prevented unirrigated etc. top-left corners etc. from stopping planting in farms
   (*) Stopped inaccessible pile tiles from stopping bin/barrel placement throughout pile
   (*) Allowed stairs to be carved in ice that is one tile above stone properly
   (*) Added building item TSK indicator to ground items as well
   (*) Stopped designations for removal of ramps/constructions from working on hidden tiles
   (*) Removed incorrect back instruction from burrow naming
   (*) Properly saved freeing hf in relevant historical event (Quietust)
   (*) Fixed a few cases of historical event for identities reporting wrong historical figure
   (*) Fixed kitchen job hotkeys
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 04:56:52 pm »

Alas, the Dwarves no longer display the hospitality towards newcomers that they once did.

It is a dark time for all.

((Thank you!))
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 05:28:26 pm »

Nice. Going to kill my current visitors with DFhack and then update to this version - and see if I still get mercenaries/questers that never leave the fort.
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 07:50:03 pm »

Nice. Going to kill my current visitors with DFhack and then update to this version - and see if I still get mercenaries/questers that never leave the fort.

So far no dice unfortunately, the new patch questers have been in my tavern for almost 2 years now. Civilian visitors leave just fine, it's just these artifact seekers that don't.

I will try generating a new world in 0.44.05 and see if that helps. This world was generated in 0.44.03, which was the patch where the "questers leave properly" bugfix happened, so there shouldn't be an issue (but there is). I'll also up this save to the bugtracker just to be sure, before the new world is genned.

It's likely a different bug from the one fixed in .05
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Rose

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Elf
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 09:05:25 pm »

Cheers.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 02:21:19 am »

PTW
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 04:29:06 am »

It might be too early to say, maybe the visitor bugs have been putting people off playing for a long time, but, like the monster slayers of the previous release, I can't help but notice a deafening silence here and at Reddit regarding people's experiences with artifact demanding armies. Is it possible that these are broken?

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2018, 06:02:39 am »

It is explicitly advised you don't run older worlds in this version as Toady recites in his devlog for the new version for that said reason but also quite likely a connected bug somewhere or a recessive element.

Quote from: ToadyOne
Any broken visitors themselves are unpatchable in affected saves, so it was important to get this one up quickly

Speculation on how the <blank> entities came to be and hisfig shenanigan troubles inside the spoilers below.
Spoiler (click to show/hide)

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 06:04:40 am by FantasticDorf »

gnome

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2018, 10:55:34 am »

Not a super serious issue but I added this to the tracker:
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10520

It appears that megabeasts seem mostly neutral towards everybody in Adventure Mode.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2018, 12:16:19 pm »

It is explicitly advised you don't run older worlds in this version as Toady recites in his devlog for the new version for that said reason but also quite likely a connected bug somewhere or a recessive element.

Quote from: ToadyOne
Any broken visitors themselves are unpatchable in affected saves, so it was important to get this one up quickly
I'm pretty sure that just applies to saves played/saved in 0.44.04 - if you load a save from 0.44.03 or earlier in 0.44.05, I don't think it'll have the issue.
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2018, 10:12:21 pm »

So far no dice unfortunately, the new patch questers have been in my tavern for almost 2 years now. Civilian visitors leave just fine, it's just these artifact seekers that don't.

I will try generating a new world in 0.44.05 and see if that helps. This world was generated in 0.44.03, which was the patch where the "questers leave properly" bugfix happened, so there shouldn't be an issue (but there is). I'll also up this save to the bugtracker just to be sure, before the new world is genned.

Had the same issue, but the I realized that my mayor couldn't conduct meetings. That fixed it. Probably not the same for you but something to try. :)

It might be too early to say, maybe the visitor bugs have been putting people off playing for a long time, but, like the monster slayers of the previous release, I can't help but notice a deafening silence here and at Reddit regarding people's experiences with artifact demanding armies. Is it possible that these are broken?

Well I've been playing a fort in the new release for about 13 years, and I've gotten two messages so far. 2 messages of visitors yelling their intent to retrieve an artifact and just now this after I chose a mayor who could conduct meetings. http://oi64.tinypic.com/w8kfg2.jpg

Though, Toady One, I thought you replied to me in the initial release thread saying visitors would only request stolen artifacts or something of the sort and not fortress made ones. Did you change that around in the subsequent releases? If so that would be awesome!

« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 10:18:53 pm by Lemtoad »

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2018, 10:19:46 pm »

So no pre-battle negotiations with the invaders sitting at the side of the map yet?

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2018, 10:30:31 pm »

So no pre-battle negotiations with the invaders sitting at the side of the map yet?

Well I just said no to this guy so I'll let you know.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2018, 10:57:38 pm »

What did you do to make the mayor conduct meetings with the visitors? Mine has an office so technically it should happen?
The mayor meets fine with the outpost liaison, elven diplomats etc, but I haven't seen him use the office for meeting with visitors/questers?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:05:38 pm by Orkel »

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2018, 11:09:36 pm »

What did you do to make the mayor conduct meetings with the visitors? Mine has an office so technically it should happen?
The mayor meets fine with the outpost liaison, elven diplomats etc, but I haven't seen him use the office for meeting with visitors/questers?

I replaced the current mayor with someone else and they had some meetings but then stopped too. So I did it again just now and meetings are being held again. Maybe Mayors are bugged a little.

Edit. I killed one of the oldest visitors and meetings started again. Maybe whenever the mayor was supposed to meet that one it never happened and stopped any more?
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:45:03 pm by Lemtoad »
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10