Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released  (Read 98187 times)

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 11:57:52 pm »

I replaced the current mayor with someone else and they had some meetings but then stopped too. So I did it again just now and meetings are being held again. Maybe Mayors are bugged a little.

Edit. I killed one of the oldest visitors and meetings started again. Maybe whenever the mayor was supposed to meet that one it never happened and stopped any more?

You might be onto something here. Perhaps the root cause of the visitors not leaving bug indeed is some kind of stuck broken meeting with the mayor.

Going to give this a try now.

Edit: Failed for me. I killed them one by one and waited some time after each death to see if they'd go petition. Also switched my mayor 3 times.
It's probably better to just wait for toady to check the save on the tracker, if it ends up being important enough to be fixed this cycle (.06)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 12:19:01 am by Orkel »
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 12:26:34 am »

Yeah, I assume there can be a layering of issues here.  Visitors that don't leave for whatever reason jamming up the queue, on top of whatever their original problem is.  I'll look at the saves when I arrive at the report (seems serious enough, especially if it's blocking an entire path of new behavior).

Invaders requesting artifacts...  I'm not sure how common this should be.  It'd be more likely if you steal an artifact and start a war with a civ.  If they invade and don't care about the artifacts you've stolen from them, that would be an issue.  Other situations would be harder to force -- they'd have to claim one of your artifacts.  Which...  hmm...  I don't remember if I threw that in at the end.  Lemtoad's screen seems to indicate yes, ha, but it could also be a bug.  I should check when I get back to the other computer.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 04:12:20 am »

Meetings stopping is a known bug not new to this arc. Replacement of the mayor (through death or re-election) when a meeting has been scheduled (which does not mean it's displayed to the player) causes further meetings to be stalled until you either reinstall the mayor with whom the meeting was scheduled, or kill the person who the mayor was scheduled to meet. It's a case of structures not being cleared properly on mayor replacement.
This DFHack script can wipe the info without killing anyone:
Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 04:23:40 pm by PatrikLundell »

Silverthrone

• Bay Watcher
  • Mad Old Geat
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 06:12:24 pm »

It is the end of Slate, first year. I have no less than 9 monster hunters arrive and ask for residence.

Of course, I breached the unusually shallow cavern layer almost immediately, and I assume that is what draws these people in. Cannot complain, free cave explorers. They seem to be working as advertised, happily worrying the elk birds. Quite interesting, however.

I am effectively running an adventurer holiday destination. Free beds (when completed), good dining (see first point) and easy XP. All I need now is to build a spa facility.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 08:49:10 pm »

Meetings stopping is a known bug not new to this arc. ...

Ah, very good.  I've noted that down as a short term thing to deal with.  It'll reduce the confusion to get it out of the picture.  The meeting code is Archaic, and a bit of a save compat issue to remove (so I'll likely stay in the same framework), but hopefully I can make do.

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 12:04:06 am »

Meetings stopping is a known bug not new to this arc. ...

Ah, very good.  I've noted that down as a short term thing to deal with.  It'll reduce the confusion to get it out of the picture.  The meeting code is Archaic, and a bit of a save compat issue to remove (so I'll likely stay in the same framework), but hopefully I can make do.

How exactly do adventurers find out about the artifact they're looking for when they're in the fortress? Some seem to be able to find out about the one they search for fast while others never find out anything about them.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 03:27:03 am »

In case it helps, the bug report for the meeting issue is http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3027 (so the root bug is rather old, which matches the code being archaic).

Judging by reports that various animals reveal the location of artifacts to artifact seekers, I'd assume they find out by sneaky questions to inhabitants, typically, I'd guess, in the tavern (where they should be conveniently drunk). If all they do is ask each other (when a horde of them has invaded the tavern) it might take some time, though.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 07:36:06 am by PatrikLundell »

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 02:30:30 pm »

In case it helps, the bug report for the meeting issue is http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3027 (so the root bug is rather old, which matches the code being archaic).

Judging by reports that various animals reveal the location of artifacts to artifact seekers, I'd assume they find out by sneaky questions to inhabitants, typically, I'd guess, in the tavern (where they should be conveniently drunk). If all they do is ask each other (when a horde of them has invaded the tavern) it might take some time, though.

Note that you can also assign museum rooms (with artifacts on display) as part of your tavern (or hell, build it into the tavern), and the questers will hang around there, even standing on top of artifact pedestals to take a closer look.
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 07:44:47 pm »

I've tried putting museums in the tavern and even making the tavern size only be around the pedestal, yet they don't seem able to find out anything about the artifacts they're searching. Yet sometimes others come in and only after a few days they are are to demand an artifact or try to steal it.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 08:05:09 pm »

I've tried putting museums in the tavern and even making the tavern size only be around the pedestal, yet they don't seem able to find out anything about the artifacts they're searching. Yet sometimes others come in and only after a few days they are are to demand an artifact or try to steal it.

What kind of message does it give you if they try to steal it? I haven't had any of the stealings or demands yet because of the issues so I have no idea

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 09:00:32 pm »

What kind of message does it give you if they try to steal it? I haven't had any of the stealings or demands yet because of the issues so I have no idea

The stealing message is similar to the siege message. Pauses, shows up as red text in box. Who it is, what artifact and I'm pretty sure whoever it is yellow someone like, "You can't keep <artifact> from me.

Something like that.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #26 on: January 18, 2018, 10:23:57 am »

Not sure if this was mentioned on the release threads before, but bandits seem to be a tad borked - when I go to a camp and load in, they end up fighting each other most of the time.

I would guess it appears to be related to identity stuff - on occassion I've come across bandits that have "beast hunter" or "criminal" as their profession, instead of the regular weaponuser professions.

I don't know if this also affects the criminals you find in town dungeons and catacombs - I haven't seen it happen myself.

Gonna upload a save once I get to a camp, and hopefully manage to talk with some of the bandits on what they think to each other.

EDIT: Ok, its here.

I wasn't able to properly talk with any of them (they're a bit up north) - talking just gave me the "demand listener to yield/ask for a cease of hostilities" options instead of a normal greeting, so I'm not sure as to what's the exact reason for their AI flipping out at each other.
« Last Edit: January 18, 2018, 11:16:52 am by ZM5 »

thvaz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 18, 2018, 01:22:37 pm »

I uploaded a save recently where bandits would ambush my party and then would ignore me. In camps they keep mostly to themselves- they only attack if you force them. However I didnt had this issue of them attacking each other.

Bandits harassing towns mostly work - they will demand that you wield about 5 times and then attack with punches if you refuse. However, your companions wont allow that they yield (even if you do) and these encounters always will end in death and tragedy.

Bandits must be the second most bugged feature in adventure mode after invading armies.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 18, 2018, 04:13:50 pm »

ZM5:  In case it isn't done already, it would help to make sure the save is in a bug report (feel free to link the bug reports here instead.)  I'll lose track if the direct link to the save is in here.

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #29 on: January 18, 2018, 04:28:45 pm »

Sorry, I sent an e-mail to the mantis tracker to register but haven't gotten an e-mail for it yet - thats why I'm posting those here for now.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 10