Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released  (Read 98446 times)

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released
« Reply #30 on: January 18, 2018, 04:36:26 pm »

Sorry, I sent an e-mail to the mantis tracker to register but haven't gotten an e-mail for it yet - thats why I'm posting those here for now.

Ah, it seems to have issues sometimes.  If you send me a PM w/ the username through the forum I can get you sorted out.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Hengikjoptr

• Escaped Lunatic
  • Dwarves... Dwarves everywhere...
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 02:08:43 pm »

Ah, brilliant.

Worldgen which in 44.01-44.03 took about 40 minutes in 44.05 was completed in 10 minutes.

Many thanks!

<3
Will play for food.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 05:16:41 pm »

I've noticed megabeasts don't seem to attack unprovoked in adventure mode anymore. Does anyone else have this issue? :-\
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 05:19:57 pm »

I've noticed megabeasts don't seem to attack unprovoked in adventure mode anymore. Does anyone else have this issue? :-\
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10520
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

PlumpHelmetMan

• Bay Watcher
  • Try me with sauce...
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 05:21:45 pm »

Alright, good to know it's already been reported. Thanks.
It's actually pretty terrifying to think about having all of your fat melt off into grease because you started sweating too much.

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 12:27:57 am »

So I've successfully been able to get rid of some military visitors by increasing the amount of animals I have which seem more like to reveal information about artifacts.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 06:03:16 am »

Could "Bandits ambushers had a similar problem due to broken skill assessments, as they were calculating their odds incorrectly." fix also that 10535, "Bandits attacking each other in camps" or does that rather have some separate reason?
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

Vylc

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 05:56:48 pm »

I wish the "bookbinding to one 1 page" bug could be fixed. It makes bookbinding useless and ironically less valuable than an unbinded book in "quire form".

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 09:46:22 pm »

10535 appears to be an altogether different issue, ha ha.  I've made significant progress on it (bad intersection of identity changes and bandit camp memberships with two helper bugs leading to a many-way civil war) and will hopefully be able to mark if off tomorrow.

I wish the "bookbinding to one 1 page" bug could be fixed. It makes bookbinding useless and ironically less valuable than an unbinded book in "quire form".

A bug tracker manager recently collected various library bugs for me and that was one of them, so that might finished for next time depending on how that particular pile plays out.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 22, 2018, 12:11:26 am »

Just to be sure, did fixing this bug
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=3027

also fix this one?
http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10523

Since they haven't been marked as related yet by the managers, though the discussion we've had in this thread indicates they likely are related
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 22, 2018, 03:04:57 am »

The mayor problem would certainly cause that kind of bug, but if there are visitors misbehaving in forts without mayors, then there are definitely other causes.  I'll get to 10523 this time.  Regarding lingering, if there's not another bug, I might just have to kick them out if they aren't having the chat they need for whatever reason, since it makes sense that they wouldn't stay forever (there are currently some time-out mechanics, but not enough.)  Regarding disrespect of the cap (even if they were leaving), I have no idea.  Questers are supposed to respect the cap now and that doesn't seem to be happening.

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 22, 2018, 11:04:57 am »

The mayor problem would certainly cause that kind of bug, but if there are visitors misbehaving in forts without mayors, then there are definitely other causes.  I'll get to 10523 this time.  Regarding lingering, if there's not another bug, I might just have to kick them out if they aren't having the chat they need for whatever reason, since it makes sense that they wouldn't stay forever (there are currently some time-out mechanics, but not enough.)  Regarding disrespect of the cap (even if they were leaving), I have no idea.  Questers are supposed to respect the cap now and that doesn't seem to be happening.
Thanks Toady!

Quick question though. Weren't artifacts supposed to continue to be made after world gen?

Edit: Hmm, well I thought I saw it somewhere on the main page. Maybe not.
« Last Edit: January 22, 2018, 07:47:08 pm by Lemtoad »

KittyTac

• Bay Watcher
  • Impending Catsplosion. [PREFSTRING:aloofness]
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2018, 10:41:54 pm »

Thanks Toady!

Quick question though. Weren't artifacts supposed to continue to be made after world gen?

Wait, they aren't made after w.g?
Don't trust this toaster that much, it could be a villain in disguise.
Mostly phone-posting, sorry for any typos or autocorrect hijinks.

Lemtoad

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2018, 11:15:30 pm »

Thanks Toady!

Wait, they aren't made after w.g?

Well the ones in your fortress are, but going through legends I haven't seen anyone else besides me make artifacts since I started my fortress and it's been 10+ years.

martinuzz

• Bay Watcher
  • High dwarf
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 24, 2018, 06:55:07 pm »

Related question: I know there's no economy arc yet, so exported goods will not show up in the world.

But how about artefacts? Since those are tracked by the game now, if I trade an artefact weapon to the caravans, will it be wielded by someone in the world outside my fortress?
Friendly and polite reminder for optimists: Hope is a finite resource

We can ­disagree and still love each other, ­unless your disagreement is rooted in my oppression and denial of my humanity and right to exist - James Baldwin

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=73719.msg1830479#msg1830479
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 10