Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released  (Read 98203 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released
« Reply #105 on: February 03, 2018, 08:19:15 pm »

What I find strange is that even with questers arriving and leaving properly (with the alcohol privacy tweak), and checking out my museum, I never see messages about questers actually finding out artifacts (Urist has revealed the presence of Fancy Artifact Name to Quester Name)
They talked, didn't find any information, decided they'd talked to enough people, then left. Presumably.

Though still no "Revealed presence of" announcement, I got 6 petitions and 1 artifact demand, after using the cleanmayor script for stuck meeting queue.
Well, I expect a domino effect of bugs is going on. Wouldn't worry too much about it. Save complaints for the actual fix in 44.06.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: February 04, 2018, 02:32:44 am »

The artifact questers I get all look for artifacts not in my fortress (which doesn't have any), so why would anyone in the fortress know about their whereabouts?

The privacy work around worked for me as well, by the way. Thanks for that, Orkel.

iceball3

• Bay Watcher
  • Miaou~
    • View Profile
    • My DA
« Reply #107 on: February 04, 2018, 03:08:45 am »

The artifact questers I get all look for artifacts not in my fortress (which doesn't have any), so why would anyone in the fortress know about their whereabouts?

The privacy work around worked for me as well, by the way. Thanks for that, Orkel.
With the privacy changes in the upcoming versions, I think they'll scram a lot sooner once someone actually talks to them about the situation.
That said, it isn't beyond reason that some dwarves have garnered a "last known" location for certain artifacts in the world.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: February 04, 2018, 07:10:24 am »

Sure, they may pop in to see if someone knows something, but they should move on fairly quickly. I certainly would not be happy if the team I sent out stayed two years at every tavern they can find in the world before moving on... Artifact seekers should probably stay shorter than entertainers and people who come to relax.

Dwachs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: February 04, 2018, 08:04:30 am »

Did not get any artifact questers. However, the steady inflow of monster hunters keeps the cave critters at bay and is a  great source of metal armour :)

Edit: also there are some floating ice and mud tiles in air one level above surface, which create cave-in sometimes. Is this a known bug?
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 08:08:36 am by Dwachs »

Toady One

• The Great
    • View Profile
    • http://www.bay12games.com
« Reply #110 on: February 04, 2018, 05:10:22 pm »

Artifact questers:  yeah, when it works, they should leave pretty fast, though if they have the "relax" travel goal as well, they'll stay for some socializing.

Non-necro live leaders of zombie invasions:  Well, this one turned out to be pretty brazen, complete with a pre-existing comment from me along the lines of "this may come up later" which apparently was forgotten.  So, it shouldn't elevate live (or any) figures from zombie pops now.  I still need to run some invasions on the provided saves to make sure everything is good, but progress, anyway.

Cave-ins: Like, at the beginning of embark?  I know there are lots of problems with glacier cave-ins after you dig around a bit.
The Toad, a Natural Resource:  Preserve yours today!

Dwachs

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #111 on: February 05, 2018, 02:35:23 am »

Cave-ins: There were air tiles with ice in it. This ice falls down sometimes, causing a cave-in message, but not all ice is falling. I have no idea, how the ice ended up there. I did some digging into frozen pools, but without incidents. Have to check the savegame.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #112 on: February 05, 2018, 03:41:22 am »

Artifact questers: Yes, with Orkel's work around there's a fairly decent turn over rate of them, so that should work as intended for everyone with the next release. I'm not sure, but it seems performers and relaxing visitors get a better turn over rate as well.

Detros

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #113 on: February 05, 2018, 06:17:50 pm »

Edit: also there are some floating ice and mud tiles in air one level above surface, which create cave-in sometimes. Is this a known bug?
  • Open the list of reported issues, View issues tab at Mantis DF bugtracker
  • Write "ice float" or something like that in the search window on the left
  • Read through the search results to find out if your issue has been already reported
  • Use "Use filter" button with filter set to "Reset filter" to start anew
  • In case it seems no similar report exists, switch to "Report Issue" and write it yourself

Cave-ins: There were air tiles with ice in it. This ice falls down sometimes, causing a cave-in message, but not all ice is falling. I have no idea, how the ice ended up there. I did some digging into frozen pools, but without incidents. Have to check the savegame.
Result: 6535, "Ice doesn't collapse" - when falling water freezes, it can stay in the air.
Beside other things, bay12forums is also the leader website in calculations of saguaro wood density.
(noted by jwoodward48df)

ZM5

• Bay Watcher
  • Accomplished RAW Engineer
    • View Profile
    • Steam
« Reply #114 on: February 07, 2018, 10:09:02 am »

Submitted a rather strange bug report. Citizens not belonging to the towns main population occasionally appear completely nude.

As I mention in the notes, it could be related to the issue with members of travelling tropes being nude (I presume something about missing entity links makes them forget that they should be wearing clothes). Whats weirder though is that they are considered "outcasts", according to legends viewer, rather than visitors.

EDIT: There's more examples of that in the town's keep as well, I just noticed - a bunch of different races with actual job names, i.e a furbolg farmer, that are completely nude.
« Last Edit: February 07, 2018, 10:55:28 am by ZM5 »

TD1

• Bay Watcher
  • Childe Roland to the Dark Tower Came
    • View Profile
« Reply #115 on: February 07, 2018, 06:28:08 pm »

Nude travelling tropes.

The wise old man. The gracious princess. Both nude and travelling.
Life before death, strength before weakness, journey before destination
  TD1 has claimed the title of Penblessed the Endless Fountain of Epics!
Sigtext!
Poetry Thread

MinerMan60101

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #116 on: February 07, 2018, 11:07:04 pm »

Weird bug: a child just went insane from a strange mood and is now heavily spamming this message: "[name], Dwarven Child cancels Pickup Equipment: Too Insane"

Mantis page: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10568

DFFD page: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13502
Keas are the Cliff Racers of Dwarf Fortress, both flying nuisances interrupting you whilst playing a game which you wish would become extinct.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #117 on: February 08, 2018, 02:50:23 am »

Weird bug: a child just went insane from a strange mood and is now heavily spamming this message: "[name], Dwarven Child cancels Pickup Equipment: Too Insane"

Mantis page: http://www.bay12games.com/dwarves/mantisbt/view.php?id=10568

DFFD page: http://dffd.bay12games.com/file.php?id=13502
That's really just a special case of the general issue of jobs that cannot be performed are taken, immediately failed, retaken, ... ad nauseam. Other cases are burrowing someone hauling something (the buggers are too stupid to drop the items: it would also help if civilian alerts caused dorfs to drop carried job items: they move at a crawl when carrying that boulder they should build a wall with both into the burrow and away from the building site), and dorfs taking jobs outside of burrows (ordinary ones or civilian alert ones alike) and spamming that they can't be performed. You can also get that kind of spam from trapped dorfs who spam about not being able to get a bucket (while they can't get water anyway) to give water to another dorf trapped with them. You've got similar issues with loading cage traps when out of cages: cancellation spam.

Orkel

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #118 on: February 15, 2018, 03:42:09 pm »

A human swordsman was leaving, left the map, then 2 seconds later, "Human swordsman is visiting" - the same guy is running back into my fort. Either he really loves my booze, or it's a funny little glitch/coincidence.

He is using wooden equipment, and I saw a "dwarf X has revealed presence of artifact Y to human swordsman" announcement, so it's possible he is a spy (elf disguised as human?). Perhaps has something to do with this "double visit".

Edit: Same just happened with another leaving human swordsman, how curious! This one is using metal equipment though and had no "revealed presence of" announcement, so it's possible they are not related.

Edit 2: I got the "revealed presence of" announcement for the 2nd human after he stepped back into my fort. 2 Spies?
« Last Edit: February 15, 2018, 03:45:06 pm by Orkel »
Quote from: madjoe5
Dwarf Fortress: The game in which people place abducted children in a furnace to see what happens.

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #119 on: February 15, 2018, 03:49:33 pm »

A human swordsman was leaving, left the map, then 2 seconds later, "Human swordsman is visiting" - the same guy is running back into my fort. Either he really loves my booze, or it's a funny little glitch/coincidence.

He is using wooden equipment, and I saw a "dwarf X has revealed presence of artifact Y to human swordsman" announcement, so it's possible he is a spy (elf disguised as human?). Perhaps has something to do with this "double visit".

Edit: Same just happened with another leaving human swordsman, how curious! This one is using metal equipment though and had no "revealed presence of" announcement, so it's possible they are not related.

Edit 2: I got the "revealed presence of" announcement for the 2nd human after he stepped back into my fort. 2 Spies?
You only have to open Legends and check his name to see if he's a spy. Humans have lived in Elf civs in DF for years, so wooden equipment means nothing.

Leaving and coming straight back is a bit weird. Is the artifact he's looking for actually at your site?
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 [8] 9 10