Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]

Author Topic: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released  (Read 98445 times)

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Dwarf Fortress 0.44.05 Released
« Reply #135 on: February 16, 2018, 05:45:43 pm »

So give them chains. Not sure it makes sense to be able to bring back a tame elven war-giant rhino without chains either. Even if dwarves do have 'some knowledge of rhino training'.

Not sure how ethics are meant to address semi-intelligent livestock. Dwarves happily wear troll-fur loincloths so I don't think it's been fully thought out yet. But OK, leave the ogres, trolls and Blizzard-men at home.

FantasticDorf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #136 on: February 17, 2018, 07:58:19 am »

Semi-intelligents are bugged anyway when put in such a position as livestock, effectively occupying both roles of a citizen & a animal from personal experience of modding goblins to be playable. Hopefully seeing this firsthand in vanilla might bump up the priority to get the behaviour fixed since at the given opportunity while it's been noted but passed by because its a non-dwarf feature.

Prior to the tavern arc, the behavior of semi-intelligents was comparable to many other animal creatures, least its a bit odd when you assign a Troll to be a scribe in more recent versions.

PatrikLundell

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: February 17, 2018, 04:58:57 pm »

While I haven't played with modding to get slow learners as livestock/citizens, nor animal people to allow them to be captured and trained, I have played a fair bit with gremlins with vanilla behavior, and I believe the modded behavior of animal people at least is the same as that of vanilla gremlins.
Thus, it actually is a dwarf issue, but a fringe one that I don't expect to see any changes to before "wild" animal people are updated to form tribes (or possibly playable ethics allows for slavery).

iamgod

• Escaped Lunatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #138 on: March 07, 2018, 12:14:39 pm »

is the next update 0.45.0 or 0.44.06

Shonai_Dweller

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: March 07, 2018, 03:42:23 pm »

is the next update 0.45.0 or 0.44.06
Depends how much is added. It's a percentage based on a master list of items required to be implemented by 1.0. Almost certainly 44.06.

By the time everything on the devlist for this release cycle is done, might tick over though, like last time.
Pages: 1 ... 8 9 [10]