Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Aid With Temporary Megabeast Tweak?  (Read 847 times)

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Aid With Temporary Megabeast Tweak?
« on: January 14, 2018, 07:54:59 pm »

Over in the DF Questions forum, I started a thread in order to see about capturing a Megabeast that shoots webs, in a cage trap.

However, I've come to conclusion that I probably won't be able to do this via vanilla means. Is there anyway I can temporarily tweak something, or "cheat" to get a Megabeast that shoots webs into a cage/cage-trap?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 07:58:38 pm by Encrtia »
~When death smiles at you, just smile one back.

Toxicshadow

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • github
Re: Aid With Temporary Megabeast Tweak?
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 08:01:23 pm »

You could try using the teleport script in dfhack, drop them onto a cage trap that isn't webbed and they should trigger the trap and be caged.
'ere the Chias get hungry...

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 08:08:22 pm »

No, didn't work :-\
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 08:11:14 pm by Encrtia »

Nahere

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2018, 08:49:06 pm »

If you still have some king cobras left over you could add this to their venom:
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:NOSTUN:ABRUPT:START:0:END:100800], which should give you a season to cage it with a cave in dust trap.

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2018, 10:51:53 pm »

No.. sadly I butchered them all bar a breeding pair (one day I'll drop them on invaders just for the lulz). I could breed them again, but will take about 5 years to get to reasonable size. (When they're babies, their tiny fangs couldn't even penetrate its hide)

So, I'm assuming that if I edit the creature raw for the King Cobra, I'll add this line somewhere near the end of that text file's "King Cobra" section, & thus from that day forward, all King Cobras will have an ability to inject a venom that'll remove the NOSTUN tag for 100800 ticks (a season)?

If that's the case, I'm hoping the paralysis will kick in anyway without the need for a laggy Cave-in. Hopefully their venom won't be that potent :p

Novaris

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 04:11:38 am »

You can construct a prison for them

###        ' ' ... empty space
# #         # ... Wall
#F#         F ... fortification
#B#         B ... raising north bridge

And then just raise the bridge and teleport the beast in there. If it should shoot webs, lower the bridge and let it see an enemy, it should spray webs through the fortification. If not, just replace the fortification by a channel down where you remove the ramp.

###
# #       # ... Wall
#C#       C ... Channel
#B#       B ... raising north bridge

Encrtia

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2018, 07:49:42 am »

I had actually teleported the Forgotten Beast into a 1x1 Bridged room after Toxicshadow kindly made me aware of the command.

Though, I'd still like to get it into a cage, as opposed to a bunker. It's more for a Colosseum theme (+ minor FPS gain) than defence/silk farming; I'd also feel rather crummy if I just cheated a Forgotten Beast to defend with as opposed to in-game means, but thanks for sharing such insight :)

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2018, 07:25:34 pm »

I remember having done this by setting unit.counters.unconscious to > 0 while they're standing on a cage, but that was a while ago so no idea if it still works.