Dwarf Fortress > DF Modding

Aid With Temporary Megabeast Tweak?

(1/2) > >>

Encrtia:
Over in the DF Questions forum, I started a thread in order to see about capturing a Megabeast that shoots webs, in a cage trap.

However, I've come to conclusion that I probably won't be able to do this via vanilla means. Is there anyway I can temporarily tweak something, or "cheat" to get a Megabeast that shoots webs into a cage/cage-trap?

Spoiler (click to show/hide)The Vanilla techniques currently used - http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=169119.msg7667865#msg7667865. Couldn't figure out how to hyperlink text lmfao

Toxicshadow:
You could try using the teleport script in dfhack, drop them onto a cage trap that isn't webbed and they should trigger the trap and be caged.

Encrtia:
No, didn't work :-\

Nahere:
If you still have some king cobras left over you could add this to their venom:
[CE_REMOVE_TAG:NOSTUN:ABRUPT:START:0:END:100800], which should give you a season to cage it with a cave in dust trap.

Encrtia:
No.. sadly I butchered them all bar a breeding pair (one day I'll drop them on invaders just for the lulz). I could breed them again, but will take about 5 years to get to reasonable size. (When they're babies, their tiny fangs couldn't even penetrate its hide)

So, I'm assuming that if I edit the creature raw for the King Cobra, I'll add this line somewhere near the end of that text file's "King Cobra" section, & thus from that day forward, all King Cobras will have an ability to inject a venom that'll remove the NOSTUN tag for 100800 ticks (a season)?

If that's the case, I'm hoping the paralysis will kick in anyway without the need for a laggy Cave-in. Hopefully their venom won't be that potent :p

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version