Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Poll

I'm letting you pick the next universe... based only on the name. Enjoy!

Microscope
- 2 (22.2%)
Ditch
- 0 (0%)
Shattered
- 2 (22.2%)
Jail
- 2 (22.2%)
Failure
- 3 (33.3%)

Total Members Voted: 9

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16

Author Topic: Roll to Dodge: Acter's Revenge  (Read 19433 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Roll to Dodge: Acter's Revenge
« Reply #195 on: February 22, 2018, 11:47:31 am »

Create Memetic Shard on the Da in Datum

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: February 22, 2018, 11:51:07 am »

Create Memetic Shard on the Da in Datum

You can't make a Memetic on people. Would you like to make an Anchored instead?
At least we killed the boy and hurt an old man.
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: February 22, 2018, 12:12:53 pm »

I got bored and skimmed the rules

Fine

Use the Continental Shard. For the most populated continent on Datum, first give them a magical aura of greed, as in they have are easily succumb to their pleasures, and don’t do what’s morally right but rather what they personally want, this may mean that the law-abiding individuals will break laws and the mad scientists will do even more screwed-up things to their fellow eggplants. This will make the entire population of eggplant even more greedy, which will make cutthroat tactics more common to daily live, maybe slavery will start now?...

The second part of the act, create magical monstrous “creatures”, that look like shadow decay elementals! They are the Psycholoids (again!), except this time they are actually psychologists and not a swarm of mind-destroying creatures! They still have that mind control + live in the realm of the mind thing, except that they are really good therapists... for changing your mind in the way they want you to think, not focused on rehabilitation. More like Sigmund scare-Tactics therapy. Place them in whatever the capital is, and have them infiltrate the Da’s “politicians” or “leaders”. Full control over the Da is a must, and have these shadow agents (which are monstrous elementals), begins their method of dominating Da society and politik control

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: February 22, 2018, 01:13:58 pm »

Create memetic shard controlling light. Then, team up with Darkwarlock to make a super powerful attack that hopefully breaks whatever shield he was talking about. With my remaining action, flood the world by melting the icecaps with fire and making them covered in ash so that they absorb more energy from the sun.
« Last Edit: February 22, 2018, 01:20:33 pm by wertyzerty »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: February 22, 2018, 02:18:05 pm »

Move the cicada ship to a safe landing on datum. If I can't, create a planetary shard there on Datum.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #200 on: February 22, 2018, 02:33:48 pm »

Nobody can act?

Fine.

-snicker snack-
"Fixed that for you! You're welcome!"

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

darkwarlock3

• Bay Watcher
  • !!LET IT BURN!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: February 22, 2018, 03:41:38 pm »

another two ash storms, followed by fits of destructive behavior that lead to  (pyromaniacs, construction teams, and terrorist, leaders, etc, are the targets of my Memetic Shard) and i create another Continental shard for a place other than the one where mine first one is located
I need more things to join, Send me a request if you need players for something.
I came for the games and stayed for the lack of sanity.
Grammar is my only weakness

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: February 26, 2018, 01:23:39 pm »

Turn 3

It is day in Sednelar and Northstop and night in Carklock and Vilyrian.

The table has been updated to reflect that Tachyon has spent two Memetic actions. And yes, Tachyon, your ship thing represents local shard creation. I’ve already showed you the interior, so I can’t reverse that now. You said something about sending energy to it, that’s literally the definition of a shard creation.

I really don’t know what you have to complain about, you can just blow up the ship next turn.

I got bored and skimmed the rules

Fine

Use the Continental Shard. For the most populated continent on Datum, first give them a magical aura of greed, as in they have are easily succumb to their pleasures, and don’t do what’s morally right but rather what they personally want, this may mean that the law-abiding individuals will break laws and the mad scientists will do even more screwed-up things to their fellow eggplants. This will make the entire population of eggplant even more greedy, which will make cutthroat tactics more common to daily live, maybe slavery will start now?...

The second part of the act, create magical monstrous “creatures”, that look like shadow decay elementals! They are the Psycholoids (again!), except this time they are actually psychologists and not a swarm of mind-destroying creatures! They still have that mind control + live in the realm of the mind thing, except that they are really good therapists... for changing your mind in the way they want you to think, not focused on rehabilitation. More like Sigmund scare-Tactics therapy. Place them in whatever the capital is, and have them infiltrate the Da’s “politicians” or “leaders”. Full control over the Da is a must, and have these shadow agents (which are monstrous elementals), begins their method of dominating Da society and politik control

You have no continental shard. It was destroyed by Kseowhat’s device.

Create memetic shard controlling light. Then, team up with Darkwarlock to make a super powerful attack that hopefully breaks whatever shield he was talking about. With my remaining action, flood the world by melting the icecaps with fire and making them covered in ash so that they absorb more energy from the sun.

First act is (General). After which you have no energy to donate to assisting. Second act is (Fire|Ash|Specific) as you may have guessed.

If I wasn’t clear, an action is Specific if it is on a grand scale and has wide effects but is unambiguously composed of a single element.

[2] - Failure

[2] - Failure

Neither of these happens.

Move the cicada ship to a safe landing on datum. If I can't, create a planetary shard there on Datum.

You’re just pushing stuff around; thus (General)

[2] - Failure

You exert divine force on the Cicadian ship!

Somehow, you miss!

another two ash storms, followed by fits of destructive behavior that lead to  (pyromaniacs, construction teams, and terrorist, leaders, etc, are the targets of my Memetic Shard) and i create another Continental shard for a place other than the one where mine first one is located

First one is (Fire|Ash|Specific), second one is (Fire|Ash), while the last one is (General).

[4] - Success
[3] - Partial success
[5] - Epic success

Zil Tempest spreads another duel disaster of ash and fire over the continent of Carklock! Kseowhat sighs and orders the shields brought to full power again.

The ash piles up on the surface of the continent-sized shield, darkening the land below.

Zil Tempest also uses his Memetic Shard of Destruction to cause destructive behavior among those most capable of causing destruction. They are quickly restrained by law enforcement, although it causes an atmosphere of tension that causes the war to heighten somewhat.

Zil Tempest creates a Continental Shard over Vilyrian. This continent is bleak and cold, with powerful winds sweeping over its rocky and mountainous surface. It holds several major cities and has been colonized by the Gladian Union, however, and major innovations in business and industry are taking place there.

News:

Tachyon has spent two actions to provide buffs to those that are at war.

Kseowhat fires a barrage of energy torpedoes at a random position in the wastelands of Carklock! Information about why he did this is in the following code:

Code: [Select]
gsv xfog lu gzxsblm
gzxsblm szh z tilfk lu izgsvi xlnkvgvmg ulooldvih

One of the missiles from the Cicadian ship impacts the five-pointed pyramid of the Temple-Ship! It explodes in a spherical wave of green fire pierced by brilliant white beams, and when the energy clears, the shields of the Temple-Ship have been totally burnt out while a significant part of its armor has been ablated. The Temple-Ship responds with stunning beams and energy rays.

Results of this evaluation:

+2 Ash Disasters
-d10 to Rebuild Carklock!
+2d4 to the attack power of both sides!
+1 Continental Shard at Vilyrian for Zil Tempest!

Actions spent:

2 by Tachyon Memetic
1 by Grimmer Universal
1 by Grimmer Continental
1 by Gello Universal
2 by Zil Tempest Continental (yes, I know that this was only counted as 1 before, but I’m rebalancing the ash disasters a bit as they are way too powerful)
1 by Zil Tempest Memetic
1 by Zil Tempest Universal

Events list:

Da portal: -6% (d19-2d2-d8) <complete at 100%>
Kseowhat charge: 20% (d20+d10) <complete at 100%>
Rebuild Carklock: 21% (3d10+d10 (Kseowhat)-d10) <end war effects at 50%> <complete at 100%>

War

Industrialist: -3% (-d4)
Monarchy: -2% (-d4)

Industrialist attack: 2d6+2d4 (next turn)
Monarchy attack: 2d6+2d4 (next turn)
SPAMOVERLORD - play as the Empire and break ALL the cliches! | Doomhollow - A reasonably sane succession fort! | Give a Damn!

Jilladilla

• Bay Watcher
  • Most Sleep Deprived
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: February 27, 2018, 10:32:05 pm »

With everything ready, Cavefriend moves on with his Grand Plan to share the riches of the Deeper Earth with the denizens on the surface!

Biome Shard (Shallow Vilyrian)
-With all its power it's capable of, carve a channel from the deeper underground to a chasm on Vilyrian, however many actions it takes.
-If it has any power left, try to connect some shallow caverns to the surface.

Continental Shard (Vilyrian Underground)
-Transform a portion of the already highly mineralized earth underneath said channel into nearly pure metals and precious elements.
-Superheat the purified earth, and cause the liquefied earth to erupt through the channel! Let the surface have a new source of nearly pure metal ores to work with!

Universal Shard
-That done, Cavefriend splits off another of his Aspects, his Primary Aspect this time, the one of Deeper Earth, and creates a Memetic Shard of Metal!

Glory to United Forenia!

If you see a 'Nemonole' on the internet elsewhere, it's probably me

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: February 28, 2018, 08:54:08 pm »

Oh, forgot a fairly critical piece of news:

A great titan of destruction rises from the earth, a dark humanoid of ash and dust with a enormous shovel in its hands! "I AM THE BURIER! I BURY!" he cries, using the shovel to scoop up a mountain-sized chunk of crust and hurl it in the air.

"I BURY!" he shouts again, using the shovel to bat Cavefriend's planetoid down slightly. It will impact at the end of this turn on a random continent if no action is taken against it.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: February 28, 2018, 09:43:53 pm »

Create a continental shard in Datum, again

Smoke Mirrors

• Bay Watcher
  • Do I exist yet?
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 03, 2018, 12:11:24 pm »

Turn the burrier against the cicadas.
Don't worry too much about the one mistake, Smoke Mirrors. Your character was memorable for all the demonology and story writing.

I’m running a game/mechanics test called Fate/Mechanics Test. Feel free to check it out.

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #207 on: March 03, 2018, 12:39:13 pm »

Turn the burrier against the cicadas.

How?

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #208 on: March 03, 2018, 02:13:39 pm »

After a long period of self-searching, Grall rediscovers himself in a thrilling horseception the world has never before seen and likely never will again. There was fire, there were horses, there were tiny horses climbing over, out and inside other, bigger horses, there were half-horse half-horse abominations spewing fire everywhere while everything was on fire. There was more, but Grall forgot. He forgets things now, because he knows the importance of having no idea what is or had happened in his presence at any given time. Which is why he'll be tagging along with someone who probably knows what's happening. Kisar-Winding-Path, his best and only priest in this world. He will do so by desceding in the form of an above-average-sized two-handed four-pincered crimson Aissh with a long beard-shaped formation of detachable scales descending from his face that should double as a shield.
"Now. We scuttle! To save your sister from a grisly fate! Also, would you mind explaining what went on for the past, umm, ever since I last contacted you? That'd be nice."

blueturtle1134

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 03, 2018, 02:31:02 pm »

After a long period of self-searching, Grall rediscovers himself in a thrilling horseception the world has never before seen and likely never will again. There was fire, there were horses, there were tiny horses climbing over, out and inside other, bigger horses, there were half-horse half-horse abominations spewing fire everywhere while everything was on fire. There was more, but Grall forgot. He forgets things now, because he knows the importance of having no idea what is or had happened in his presence at any given time. Which is why he'll be tagging along with someone who probably knows what's happening. Kisar-Winding-Path, his best and only priest in this world. He will do so by desceding in the form of an above-average-sized two-handed four-pincered crimson Aissh with a long beard-shaped formation of detachable scales descending from his face that should double as a shield.
"Now. We scuttle! To save your sister from a grisly fate! Also, would you mind explaining what went on for the past, umm, ever since I last contacted you? That'd be nice."

Which Shard would you like to descend? Descension requires abjectly destroying a shard so it's not rec commended. In return, you get to basically make up powers as you go though.

Also, would you like this line of plot to be shown to everyone or private?
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16