Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Victory Belles...or another ship girl online game.  (Read 1266 times)

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Victory Belles...or another ship girl online game.
« on: January 14, 2018, 09:43:38 pm »

was looking at some Kancolle fanart in Deviantart until i found this.

Kickstarter trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WEilZn2kI-I

Tumblr with link to Kickstarter: https://victorybelles.tumblr.com/

from the kickstarter:

"Victory Belles is an iOS/Web game of chaotic turn-based brawls via spotlight and star shell, epic destruction by 14" naval rifle, flights of torpedo and dive bombers at dawn, and burning hulls left to slip beneath the waves. As Captain, you lead beautiful and deadly personifications of WWII warships into battle over the most dangerous secret man was not meant to know.

The strongest navies of 1939 - those of the United States, Great Britain, Soviet Union, Nazi Germany, France, Italy, and Imperial Japan - must work together, despite threat and treachery, to defend humanity from a monstrous new foe. Battling in every stretch of water from the Aleutian Islands to the coasts of West Africa, you will have the opportunity to assemble a fleet of over 120+ of the most powerful, famous, and glorious warships of the time to fight for the fate of the world!

Outgunned and outnumbered, you decide your nation's strategy against the growing threat. Everything from your naval base to the complement of the fleet's air arm is at your discretion. You’ll take command of the most pivotal battles, and shape the course of the war. Will the French Navy sail away from Mers-el-Kébir with an alliance intact? Can the Soviets keep the last Baltic defenses of the Revolution from being destroyed by the enemy?

The fleet waits for your signal, and the world holds its breath."

cant say much honestly, but its basically "Kantai Collection: The International Version", it has less fanservice and a more serious approach to the character designs, and nation based voice acting for each ship (each ship girl talks on its native language basically).

supposedly there was to be a beta release at the end of 2017 or something like that. but seems the Devs havent finished yet. game will be F2P for the platforms mentioned, along with Android later on.

anyways, im keeping an eye on this, just wanted to share my find.

Folly

• Bay Watcher
  • Steam Profile: 76561197996956175
    • View Profile
Re: Victory Belles...or another ship girl online game.
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2018, 10:21:17 pm »

its basically "Kantai Collection: The International Version", it has less fanservice and a more serious approach to the character designs

Is there actually an audience that wants girls who are also ships but not sexy in any way? 0_o

xaritscin

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2018, 10:35:04 pm »

there's still a bit of leg showing and that stuff but its not busty anime girls or lolis with almost no clothing. these are actually wearing something from the time period be it a formal dress, casual clothing, military attire or some kind of costume. but not at the point that you would see panties or something like that.

nenjin

• Bay Watcher
  • Inscrubtable Exhortations of the Soul
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2018, 10:07:35 am »

No, just freakishly long legs and torsos, and weird battleship attachment belts. Nothing out of the ordinary.
Cautivo del Milagro seamos, Penitente.
Quote from: Viktor Frankl
When we are no longer able to change a situation, we are challenged to change ourselves.
Quote from: Sindain
Its kinda silly to complain that a friendly NPC isn't a well designed boss fight.
Quote from: Eric Blank
How will I cheese now assholes?
Quote from: MrRoboto75
Always spaghetti, never forghetti

Zangi

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 15, 2018, 10:22:36 am »

What'll make it and break it is the gameplay and the balance between pay-to-get-better-stuff-faster(or down right pay-to-win) and free players.

Less T&A.  Many legs.
All life begins with Nu and ends with Nu...  This is the truth! This is my belief! ... At least for now...
FMA/FMA:B Recommendation

Jopax

• Bay Watcher
  • Cat on a hat
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 15, 2018, 10:47:47 am »

I'm not too sold on the designs tbh, they seem to be in this wierd middle ground between sexy with a bit of token ship attached because you have to and sexy but with lots of ship because that's the focus. Either end works but this makes a wierd compromise that's just sorta meh for the most part.

Ideally I'd want this, not neccessarily the exact style even (tho it's hella sweet as far as styles go), just the design philosophy behind it.
"my batteries are low and it's getting dark"
AS - IG