Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Multilevel View and Rendermax?  (Read 2875 times)

tnuhnivad

• Bay Watcher
  • <dorf> has been possessed!
    • View Profile
Multilevel View and Rendermax?
« on: February 13, 2018, 11:24:35 pm »

I would like to make these two work together If it's possible. However, I'm running into issues, forgive me if these are dumb questions. I can't seem to get multilevel view to work. Using the command in df hack, with TWBT enabled, I get, "multilevel x is not a recognized command." Also, using rendermax - rendermax light -, I get, "file not found:data/save/arena1/raw/rendermax.lua" Do I need to download and install something else, like some config files? Which command for rendermax should I be using? If I try using rendermax commands on some other installs which have tilesets and I'll get crashes.
« Last Edit: February 13, 2018, 11:34:34 pm by tnuhnivad »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
Re: Multilevel View and Rendermax?
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2018, 02:05:18 am »

Did you install both TWBT and rendermax, and where did you get an updated rendermax version?
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Warmist

• Bay Watcher
  • Master of unfinished jobs
    • View Profile
Re: Multilevel View and Rendermax?
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2018, 02:52:35 am »

Did you install both TWBT and rendermax, and where did you get an updated rendermax version?
It's included in dfhack but the support for TWBT and rendermax at the same time is very... broken. I've seen people and maybe even had some luck myself (long time ago) with twbt legacy which has some other issues (i think) so yeah...

The rendermax.lua is optional and is a setting file for rendermax. Sadly in arena it's a bit complicated because it does not have a "normal" save location. But you can create a folder ( the one in error message) and copy the included (hack/raw/rendermax.lua) file to the target location.

In the end i'm procrastinating big rewrite with opencl (have it working need to redo the light bouncing) and mifki is rewriting TWBT which i think will have better integration for stuff like this so hopefully it will run on gpu and work with twbt sometime in this century :)