Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36

Author Topic: Wizard Princess RTD [Turn 15: Sideshow]  (Read 44299 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Princess RTD [Recruiting!]
« Reply #15 on: January 15, 2018, 10:51:01 pm »

Spoiler: Character Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 15, 2018, 11:03:24 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 16, 2018, 01:20:51 am »

AN IRONY OWLTM GAME!

Also may I complain about how and why 'spiders' came mentioned out of nowhere but are a magic form in itself? Hello arachnophobia. Jumping spiders are cool; web spinners aren't. I just hope the vision capacities of both are taken into account. :P

Also I read 'Hag' magic as 'Hug' magic, because it made sense in comparison to everything else written instead of the former, and yet wondered how despicable hugs could even be seen in a world like this.

Spoiler: My Sheet! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 03:54:56 am by Tiruin »

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 16, 2018, 02:58:57 am »

Oh dear, I failed to see this. If you could please not start without me while I hack together a character that would be nice. D:

Spoiler: behold! (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 16, 2018, 03:48:00 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 16, 2018, 04:09:47 pm »

Let's see, what would the council most hate ..

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 16, 2018, 04:55:57 pm »

Let's go. No good can come of any of this.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 05:36:00 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 17, 2018, 02:26:07 am »

Turn 0: Boundless Enthusiasm

The young Princess Marcille is truly a sight to behold. She is princessy, by definition, whatever those qualities may be. You are informed that she is vigorously, thoroughly, and entirely 100% human, which isn't your forte but you're willing to learn. She has an age, apparently, as the council responded negatively to inquiries as to whether she was beyond time.

Otherwise, you have no idea what you're looking at, and thus paw for it all the more intensely, trying to get a hold of it before your colleagues.

The poor man who brought her looks as though he's hyperventilating, and repeats some nonsense from the council about mandatory vacations and vast sums of money. Ha! You assure him that you are beyond bribery and shall not rest until you have crafted the best princess ever! Possibly literally, with ample golemwork and the assistance of vile entities beyond mortal comprehension! Or with some kind of arthropodic goo known for its exotic properties! Or perhaps simply by taping a sign to your latest project and hoping the Council is heavily distracted that day!

The man swoons and nearly faints. Well, one can only handle so much relief in one day, you suppose.

Anyway, you have work to do!

Currently Active Mages
Nallihen Talandr, Dragon of DOOOOOOOM! (Caellath)
Maxime Pfeiffer, Mad Scientist (NJW)
Nji, Horrifying Cheapskate (Secheral)
Enoch, Best Priest (randomgenericusername)
Dennis the Mage, Cucumber Lord (enemy post)
Archeux "Archie" Venison, Professor (OceanSoul)
Cio Cioae, Beatnik (Tiruin)
Mordred, Hero of the People! (Nirur)

Registered But Inactive Mages
Mathelius the Ever-Angry, Responsible Angry Old Person (ziizo)
Jhin the Arcane, Neurotic Procurer (Doomblade)
Luark Ambereye, Life Mage (Roboson)
Jenkins, Seventh Eye of Isalgr'sheq (Atomic Chicken)
Anduin Chrysalos, Petty Diplomat (Shadowclaw)
Lucia Haiieitta, Secret Police (Egan)
Ozvaldo Von Aubry, Grouchy Old Man (Dolosus)

Spoiler: Current Guild Layout (click to show/hide)

This is as clean as you could get the place prior to the princess' arrival. It's a small tower, to be sure, but the kingdom felt that enterprising wizards could expand the place if need be, and also that they didn't want to spend a lot of money rebuilding it every few months.

The smoldering remains of your previous guild halls glare disapprovingly at their lack of faith.

Spoiler: Current Players (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Princess RTD [Turn 0: Boundless Enthusiasm]
« Reply #21 on: January 17, 2018, 02:48:21 am »

((I'll show you! I'll be so attentive and supporting of this game that it causes one of the PCs to DIE, and then you'll have no choice but to pick me as a replacement! Ahahahaha!))
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 17, 2018, 02:53:50 am »

Nji gently - but with great haste - trods towards the princess. "Welcome child. Do not scared, for you are in good and responsible hands. Now, first things first. As your first mentor I must impart to you a most vital skill for any princess, prince or member of the royal line. Now, observe." With a flourish of hands he points towards the ground and generates a mushroom with a large umbrella. In somber silence he tears it by the stem and presents it to the princess. "This shall be your weapon. The enemy is a group of bandits disguised as giant spiders in the basement. Squash them before they break and/or steal all our stuff, but be careful not to kill them. If they die, they can't pay taxes."

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 17, 2018, 05:24:47 am »

The dragon-hybrid of dubious threat level steps forward after the mage guild receives their newest delivery, and he wastes no time in introducing himself. Actually he does, if only to puff himself up like a peacock preparing to show what he's got.

"Greetings, Princess Marcille. I am Nallihen Talandr, Black Dragon of Doom!!!" Despite the fact he's speaking, it's almost possible to count the amount of exclamation marks Nallihen used to try and put emphasis on his theoretically impressive credentials. They'd be much more impressive as soon as he showed her his amazing powers, though. "You will respect me and in return I will impart my amplearcane knowledge unto you!" Yes, it was probably better than trying to convince those damned peasants he wasn't a gigantic arctic crab.

Gods-damned peasants and their crabby cults.

Teach the princess some Vitamancy. Also use the opportunity to heal her using Vitamancy in case things go pear-shaped.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 17, 2018, 10:05:43 am »

((Goodness Cookies. Everyone else has an awesome title. Mine is slang. :P
An "Instrumentalist" is okay too!

Also uh, are we...hum! What's our goal here other than taking care of the 100%-proof of human, human?

...Wait, are we wizards in the theme of 'We know many things' and treat mundane things as if they're esoteric? Because that's the dialogue-theme I've been detecting ever since, backedup by the first paragraph.

...Well! Eccentricity, ho! :3))

Cio hears the rambling of a noble, tired soul on the floor above. On this sunny day, she finds herself tidying up the mage tower (or what is left of its refurbished and remade state), whisking her air magic to get those spots of dust, dirt, and tiny nice spiders off to somewhere more beneficial for them, like the soil outside and the plants in the blooming garden. Or what should be a garden!

She climbed back upstairs, whisking her scarf around her neck, giving the princess and anyone else the image of a fashionable adventuress ready for winter, and-...stops. Nallihen seems to be taking the time to tutor the princess already!

The (planned) garden outside seemed to be a good spot, though, to start her lesson.

Cio teaches the importance of compassion--a precursor with life magic and starting up "princess' first garden" outside the mage tower, of course; these lessons are partially important everywhere else.

And, if the princess is occupied, she works on the ground floor outdoors area, training her life magic for gardening and making produce (for abstracted money in the local market!)

If I can make an action after all that--organize a timeschedule for the Princess' lessons. (Probably a regular 1d6 to help everyone lesson her up)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 11:16:44 am by Tiruin »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 17, 2018, 10:15:20 am »

"Greetings. I am Enoch. The stars have alinged and gods have chosen you as their prophet. My duty is to educate you in the priestly magic and grant you boundless knowledge not meant for mortal minds. You will learn how to manipulate the minds of the people. You will learn how to summon abominations as slaves. You will be able to become immortal and trascend time and space. You will become a god. One of many, weak gods.
And yet, you will still be nothing compared to the rest of the universe. Because reality is unreal, the dead can never die and the eternal dreamer will wake up from the dream. We are more insignificant than vermin itself. We are nothing more than just a figment of it's imagination. And when the dreamer, the daemon-sultan eternally asleep, the mass of chaos around which grotesque beings play infernal drums and blasphemous flutes, and the blind idiot which rests on the black throne in the ultimate, nuclear chaos; when he wakes up, reality ends. And the unspeakable being will shrug it off as a bad dream. Because reality was a mistake in his eyes.

But let's stop thinking of this grim, inevitable future of our existence. We have teaching to do."

Hmmmm... I think we should start with some lessons of Dagon magic. Everyone knows that some of the lesser gods rest in the depths of the sea, and it's reason why it has so much magical potential. Get some sea water and fish to start with some basic lessons. And with basic lessons, I mean summoning horrors from the depths. I feel the basement II would be perfect for summoning some deep ones or other nightmarish fish abominations.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2018, 02:57:06 pm by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 17, 2018, 11:15:24 am »

Nji gently - but with great haste - trods towards the princess. "Welcome child. Do not scared, for you are in good and responsible hands. Now, first things first. As your first mentor I must impart to you a most vital skill for any princess, prince or member of the royal line. Now, observe." With a flourish of hands he points towards the ground and generates a mushroom with a large umbrella. In somber silence he tears it by the stem and presents it to the princess. "This shall be your weapon. The enemy is a group of bandits disguised as giant spiders in the basement. Squash them before they break and/or steal all our stuff, but be careful not to kill them. If they die, they can't pay taxes."

Maxime hastily interrupts Nji's monologue when he gets to the bit about giant spiders, and takes the mushroom away from her.

"This man is joking, my dear, the spiders are fine where they are, and besides that they are very small really. Apprentices do not clean out the basement on their first day, most especially not royal ones."

She then leaves Princess Marcille to the instruction of her fellow tutors, and picks up a tiny, unobtrusive parasite. She transforms the bug into something capable of understanding the princess's mental state when attached, and remotely transmitting the information to an onyx pendant for Maxime to read. The idea is that Maxime will be aware of when her charge is awake, asleep, terrified, in agony, or hypnotised by Unseelie bastards. Not intended to track location, as the growth of young minds requires some freedom and independence.

If there is any time left for Marcille which Maxime has charge of, she lets her wander around or stay in her room as she likes. Bug attached, naturally.

"...Also, someone should perhaps prevent Enoch from doing what he intends to."
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 17, 2018, 11:28:43 am »

"I'm just going to do some basic experiments on small fish and a bucket of sea water. What I intend to do is to teach her, something everyone should be trying to do. Isn't this what we were tasked with? Isn't this the only purpose of our current existence?"
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 17, 2018, 11:42:52 am »

"So you're not going to be making contact with sea gods from the fathomless depths? And you will look me in the eye when you say this?"
One wheel short of a wagon

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 17, 2018, 11:47:07 am »

"Trying to contact a god directly it's just foolish. You could go insane just by hearing their breathing. I'm more focused on summonig the lesser beings of the seas. We don't want her to die yet."
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 36