Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36

Author Topic: Wizard Princess RTD [Turn 15: Sideshow]  (Read 44351 times)

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • what about full of shit? is that a meme too?
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Princess RTD [Turn 9: CALM DOWN]
« Reply #360 on: February 17, 2018, 10:44:19 pm »

Hmm, what if when our current action inevitably fails, we just stick EVERYONE in bags and sort it out later.
I live how my maker made me.
Broken broken tip to tail.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 18, 2018, 07:47:57 am »

((Please remember that Enoch currently can't answer any letters.))
((IF we remembered this, we'd all know there are ninjas or other collaborators ruining stuff--because Enoch being stuffed in a bag is VERY WORRYING if any of us found out.

Apparently we are very...err, dim, with our spot checks, as the GM never mentioned it :P And somehow YOU STILL GET TO TEACH THE PRINCESS while being stuffed in a bag))
((Enoch got out of the bag quite some turns ago. It's just that he's being hunted by dream insects and he's going crazy.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Illgeo

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 18, 2018, 11:17:19 am »

((PTW))

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 18, 2018, 03:14:24 pm »

"That is... Actually a fair improvement. The next thing you need to do is erase the 'crab' part of the title and we will be very close. I am not a crab, I am a dragon." Nallihen repeated. Truly, there was still hope for the peasantry if they could start actually listening to you after several weeks of training. After getting his apprentice to... Well, actual Apprentice level in the magical arts of polymorphing, he would be ready to provide assistance in educating the inner circle of high priests he intended to create.

Preferentially also ones without much interest in keeping themselves in one piece. Or in living.

More polymorphing lessons for the suicidal volunteer.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: February 19, 2018, 01:52:28 am »

Nji stares at a white mushroom. It was a good mushroom. He was sorry for doing what he did. When he first noticed a little button on it, he couldn't resist pressing it. And when he pressed it real hard and the shroom opened he realized it was a good mushroom. There were letters inside and letters are good because they know things. These ones told him what to do. They also expressed doubt. That was not right. Marcille is equal to all things. But then he remembered her cucumber fase. Best be sure. He put the white shroom on some a tall shelve where the princess can't see it. Then, he will help the princess micomancy a plate of shrooms. And to make sure she doesn't grow discouraged and think he doesn't trust her enough to grow it alone, eat the result.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 24, 2018, 04:10:25 am »

Turn 10: Out!

Mordred sensed a change coming over the tower. Perhaps it was a difference in mushroom growth (he fondly patted a cute little green mushroom that had started growing from his bed), or the flickering light and maniacal laughter coming from their newest pyromancer, or the way their shared apprentice was now crying about .. still having some vestige of humanity?

Or it could have been Enoch having apparently transcended into becoming a purer form of Enoch.

Regardless, he felt that the coming days would be a useful forge for his Rabble Guard. He needed Revolutionary Guards, not mere rabble!

Micromanage my guards into more general usefulness! Actually dealing with threats (like whatever Enoch's latest problem is) should work.

((Isn't the cabal only in their minds/shared waking dreams?))
We're dealing with insane wizards. What difference does this have from their reality?
Well, now we're not the ones to blame. Can't you guys just rescue this random girl already and leave us to destroy the world in peace?
[1] You convince your guards to start publicly impaling bakers. It doesn't start off that way, of course, you open with suggestions about dealing with Enoch and the need for true heroism in the days to come. Unfortunately by the end of the speech you're apologetically admitting that pastries are sort of the root of all evil and the world would be better off without them, while your guards mutter and nod about dealing with the bourgeois doughmongers.

You hesitantly label this a draw for the revolution.

Rabble Guard->Kilnsticker Guard

"No no no. This will not do. Enoch doesn't run. Enoch doesn't fight. Enoch doesn't think. Enoch doesn't live.
Enoch teaches. Enoch has to teach now.
Dismantle the body, corrupt the soul, destroy the mind. The dead can never die. Enoch is the avatar, I pull the strings."

Enoch grabs the princess by the arms and screams to her the eldritch truth and the lessons of Dagon Magic, ignoring everything else. She has to learn.
If anything blocks Enoch from teaching, use Dagon Magic itself to allow Enoch to teach the princess by any means possible. Even if that involves using it on himself, the princess, the tower, the mages, etc.

One day, I might not be there for her anymore. While Enoch continues the lessons, attemp to have the princess gain some initiative and try to learn by herself, like Sally and the other mages. When Enoch dies, she will have to continue her own training alone.

[1] You try to convince her that time is limited, and that she will soon have to go on without you. She counters that this is a good thing and would be untrue if you weren't a maniac. You respond by vomiting Dagon Magic directly into her soul, which isn't normally a thing people can do but desperate times call for desperate measures.

Princess: Thrashing Coma

Console Princess; hopefully this is the edge of realization that's needed to help her move herself.

To all mages, especially exotic mages--stop training the Princess directly and use your skills to either help with the tower, or help fix this mess you put us all into, please!

Cio could only create short and concise messages to the others as she dealt with the heavily taxing task of managing things in an environment laden with self-centric pursuits and thoughtless training. This was purely why there should be a curriculum, or at least some manner of coordination between trainers. Nobody else bothered to reply, too, which gave her the impression that they were only looking after themselves.
[5] She has a good cry on your shoulder, and you assure her that everything will be all right, she just needs to move past this whole madness and conquest thing. She doesn't seem entirely convinced, but looks more human than you've seen her in a while.

Then Enoch screams into her face and puts her into a void coma.

Both: +2 Consoler
Princess: Doubtful Hope

"Proper vision. Autonomous psychoarthropodic constructs. Ja, this is not good. Not good at all."

Maxime runs. Finds somewhere else in the Kingdom. If the visions go away, she finds a girl that looks reasonably like Marcille used to, and explains to the parents that their daughter is in fact of royal blood, along with some cock-and-bull story about switched cradles and huntsmen and evil counts.

Maxime also sends a short note in reply to Cio.

To all mages, especially exotic mages--stop training the Princess directly and use your skills to either help with the tower, or help fix this mess you put us all into, please!
Cio Cioae,
While your advice on discontinuing Marcille's education is sensible and perceptive, I believe that nothing further can be done for the tower. The situation is simply beyond repair. As such, I suggest that we retreat at once, and pretend to the council that some backwoods peasant girl is the Princess, in order to spend the following years in wealth and security, making preparations against the end of the age of man. This is what I shall devote myself to directly.
If you know of anyone sane who would be willing to assist me, do not hesistate to tell them of my actions.

Good luck with all future endeavours,
Maxime

[6] Nope. You're out. You're done! This isn't the first time the tower has burned to the ground and it won't be the last, unless the world ends rather quickly which is looking increasingly likely. You hitch a ride on the next ship to Literally Anywhere Else and find yourself safe- some would say 'marooned', but they haven't been in the Mages' Guild recently- on a pleasant series of tropical islands inhabited by savage crabs. Not crabmen, just crabs wearing loincloths and wielding stone-tipped spears.

The visions vanish over the course of several days. FREEDOM!

+2 Subterfuge
Lost: Mild Grumbles
Dreamwalker: Latent Dreaming

Stop training the Princess directly for now and use my skills to help with the tower.
[4] You cook everybody a series of nice homecooked meals. Including drugs to make them sleepy, because as far as you can tell this tower's biggest problem is its rightful inhabitants.

+1 Chefery
Everyone In Tower: Drowsy And Full

"That is... Actually a fair improvement. The next thing you need to do is erase the 'crab' part of the title and we will be very close. I am not a crab, I am a dragon." Nallihen repeated. Truly, there was still hope for the peasantry if they could start actually listening to you after several weeks of training. After getting his apprentice to... Well, actual Apprentice level in the magical arts of polymorphing, he would be ready to provide assistance in educating the inner circle of high priests he intended to create.

Preferentially also ones without much interest in keeping themselves in one piece. Or in living.

More polymorphing lessons for the suicidal volunteer.
[2] He melts screaming into a pile of goo again. Then pulls himself sort of back together and tracks himself all over the tavern thrashing around.

This is Sloppy Joe Night all over again.

Suicidal Volunteer: "Like a Sloppy Joe"

Nji stares at a white mushroom. It was a good mushroom. He was sorry for doing what he did. When he first noticed a little button on it, he couldn't resist pressing it. And when he pressed it real hard and the shroom opened he realized it was a good mushroom. There were letters inside and letters are good because they know things. These ones told him what to do. They also expressed doubt. That was not right. Marcille is equal to all things. But then he remembered her cucumber fase. Best be sure. He put the white shroom on some a tall shelve where the princess can't see it. Then, he will help the princess micomancy a plate of shrooms. And to make sure she doesn't grow discouraged and think he doesn't trust her enough to grow it alone, eat the result.
[5] Untrained caster, mandatory meal, final destination.

It works out great! The princess is even a bit taken aback that she can do nice things instead of just tearing down the veil between sanity and truth.

Both: +2 Mycomancy
Princess: Mushroom Sultana->Generous Mushroom Sultana

Ninjas:
Quote from: Ninjas
Wage Ninja War with the Cabal Ninjas: (2) Quest, Dolosus
Use ninja tricks to make Sally fireproof, encourage her to Burn It All Down: (4) Egan, Maximum Spin, ZBridges, Doomblade187
Rescue Sally already: MCreeper
Use ninja mind tricks to make Sally fall in love with Marcy:

"BURN IT ALL."
[2] You slosh molten wax over her and scream "BURN IT ALL!" before running away. She responds with "GAH WHAT THE HELLS" and starts burning her fireproofing wax off.

Not a great week, if you're being honest.

Sally: Ninjabane

Quote from: Sally
Fire? Fire!
[4] Fire continues to do good things! Like be fire!

+1 Fire Magic

Quote from: Cabal
Block the Citadel!
[5] The Cabal notices the rising threat of the Citadel, and does an admirable job in blunting their efforts, hemming them in and stifling their progress. Soon they'll be no threat at all!

Citadel: Stifled

Quote from: Citadel
ASCEND!
[2] With their greatest threat dealt with, the Citadel attempts to expand and grow stronger. Its efforts are stymied at every step by the Cabal's insidious plotting, and also the fact that they're composed entirely of horrifying parasitoid nightmare wasps.

Stifled->Stifled!

Quote from: The Hunters
Carve off chunks of him, slowly, gently
[4] The Hunters are unamused by Enoch's desperate bid to complete his mission, and being slowly slicing him up with crude knives made out of purplish dreamstone.

Enoch: Very Slightly Carved

Spoiler (click to show/hide)

Gah, a week since the last turn? Tut tut!
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

NJW2000

• Bay Watcher
  • You know me. What do I know?
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Princess RTD [Turn 10: Out!]
« Reply #366 on: February 24, 2018, 04:25:17 am »

Maxime rests among the swaying palms and brilliant flowers, feeling the final remnants of the nightmare drift away from her. Mentally shelving any dubious plans involving Princesses fake or real, she set out to explore her archipelago under the cloudless cerulean sky. From somewhere came the faint echoes of drumming, and as she pushes through luxuriant vegetation, Maxime catches a glimpse of her old fascination: arthropods.

"Perhaps that shipwreck was not such bad luck after all."

I think this might be where Maxime bows out, choosing to abandon the kingdom and stay on the crab islands. Get an epilogue, give another player a shot.

One wheel short of a wagon

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #367 on: February 24, 2018, 04:44:53 am »

Glaring at Enoch for his tactless stupidity, Cio had little to no time to even do something about that nuisance of an action, and no time further for anything else--somehow there were mages now missing, and a total lack of communication once more!

Illusion; get to getting the princess out of whatever Enoch did to her! Hopefully with influence of Dreamwalker.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: February 24, 2018, 08:37:24 am »

Enoch has to use Dagon Magic and our linked dreamscapes to continue teaching the Princess about how to use Dagon Magic as a weapon and how to summon the things from beyond. He already did this before while stuck in a bag, he can do it again.
"What's wrong, Enoch? Everything is going according to the plan. To learn, one has to experience first. I know, We might need to stop Cio. She's getting in the way. Life will always lead to Death. Hope will always lead to Desperation. Everything that is part of reality seeks the way to end itself.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: February 24, 2018, 09:57:59 am »

+1 Ninja vote for WHAT THE FUCK IS EVEN GOING ON
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 24, 2018, 10:44:45 am »

If you want something done right...

Quote from: ninjas
Kidnap Sally, then burn the tower to the ground: (1) Dolosus
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 24, 2018, 10:53:13 am »

This is mostly actually the fault of you guys :V
If you didn't mess with those MYCELIA, we wouldn't have this dreamlike haze--you gave the exotic mages more power! :P

If you want something done right...

Kidnap Sally, then burn the tower to the ground: (1) Dolosus
Honestly if you WILL let this kind of extreme degree happen? I'm going to be very grumpy.
« Last Edit: February 24, 2018, 11:19:03 am by Tiruin »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: February 24, 2018, 11:01:04 am »

Kidnap Sally, then burn the tower to the ground: (2) Dolosus, RGU

Glass

• Bay Watcher
  • Also known as the Chroniqler
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 24, 2018, 12:24:20 pm »

This is mostly actually the fault of you guys :V
Not mine. I just wanted Enoch dead.
Quote from: FallacyOfUrist (on Discord, 11/15/21)
Glass is, as usual, correct.
Yep, as ever, I bestow upon Glass the expected +1
I'm gonna say we go with whatever Glass's idea is.

Questorhank

• Bay Watcher
  • I'll find something to put here... eventually
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: February 24, 2018, 12:49:51 pm »

Kidnap Sally, then burn the tower to the ground: (3) Dolosus, RGU, Quest
RTD Graveyard
Many people have gone missing or died.
I don't remember their names.
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 36