Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36

Author Topic: Wizard Princess RTD [Turn 15: Sideshow]  (Read 43909 times)

Nirur Torir

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Princess RTD [Turn 10: Out!]
« Reply #375 on: February 24, 2018, 01:09:47 pm »

Try to convince the new pyromancer to give lessons to the Kilnsticker Guard.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: February 24, 2018, 06:50:02 pm »

Ninja action: Fuck this tower, I'm leaving. You guys can stay and get possessed by tentacle beasts or worse, but I'm going to go find some less explosive work.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 24, 2018, 07:13:24 pm »

Quote from: ninjas
Kidnap Sally, then burn the tower to the ground: (4) Dolosus, RGU, Quest, Doomblade
Bug Out: (1) Egan
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

ZBridges

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 24, 2018, 07:25:27 pm »

Kidnap Sally, then burn the tower to the ground: (5) Dolosus, RGU, Quest, Doomblade, ZBridges

Caellath

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 25, 2018, 10:29:50 am »

((I could swear I had posted. I guess the browser ate my post before I submitted it then I forgot all about it.))

"No, not like that. How about you be grateful I, the EVIL deity the cult worships, not only teaches you wondrous magic but also helps put yourself together when you fail? And that means calling me a dragon, by the way. Not a crab." Nallihen complained as he followed the suicidal volunteer and tried to piece him back together.

Help the suicidal volunteer rebuild himself properly.
"Hey steve." You speak into the air.
>Yes?
"Could you guys also make a hamburger out of this arm when they cut it off? I wanted to eat it just for the sake of tasting it."
>That is horrible and disgusting. It will no doubt set you apart and create fear in your team mates. So of course.

Enemy post

• Bay Watcher
  • Modder/GM
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: February 25, 2018, 01:29:43 pm »

Taking Maxine's example in light of the increasingly chaotic tower and Baker Purge, Dennis decides to go retire to the ocean with his beloved sea cucumbers.

I'll give up my slot as well, I don't really have any more ideas for this character.
My mods and forum games.
Enemy post has claimed the title of Dragonsong the Harmonic of Melodious Exaltion!

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 25, 2018, 03:30:09 pm »

Nji put it all out of his mind. The drowsiness helped. Everything and anything that might distract him from his purpose needed to go. All would be discarded, everything except for the bonds forged by the universal weirds, the bonds that fastened him to his pupil. To tread where she treads now he will need a clear path. He will invade these realms she spasms in and make them his own. And the princess will regrow them from fear into a place of beauty. Perhaps the fungi can even live in these realms. It is, after all, a place of dreams. It will teach her to grant life instead of destroy. Maybe even fight against her fears.

Take my soul out of the body and follow after the princess' comatose mind, shielding her from harm and helping her convert the nightmare realms into shroom habitats. More lively shrooms.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: February 25, 2018, 03:41:07 pm »

((When you say "shield from harm", would you include Enoch in the list of harmful things?))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 25, 2018, 04:24:43 pm »

((Yes. The time of Dagon is past. He had his chance and failed. Horribly and multiple times. Only shrooms can save us now.))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: February 25, 2018, 10:23:07 pm »

((*You have entered the age of Plump Helmets*))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: March 03, 2018, 11:17:09 pm »

Turn 11: True Calling

Maxime rests among the swaying palms and brilliant flowers, feeling the final remnants of the nightmare drift away from her. Mentally shelving any dubious plans involving Princesses fake or real, she set out to explore her archipelago under the cloudless cerulean sky. From somewhere came the faint echoes of drumming, and as she pushes through luxuriant vegetation, Maxime catches a glimpse of her old fascination: arthropods.

"Perhaps that shipwreck was not such bad luck after all."

I think this might be where Maxime bows out, choosing to abandon the kingdom and stay on the crab islands. Get an epilogue, give another player a shot.
[3] You decide to settle down into a nice nonapocalyptic epilogue, maybe forging the local savages into a glorious hidden city that will weather the coming storm. Alas, the locals are surly and routinely plagued by volcano cults seeking to destroy the world. You've had worse epilogues, but this one's just begging for a sequel.

+1 Subterfuge
Retired!

Glaring at Enoch for his tactless stupidity, Cio had little to no time to even do something about that nuisance of an action, and no time further for anything else--somehow there were mages now missing, and a total lack of communication once more!

Illusion; get to getting the princess out of whatever Enoch did to her! Hopefully with influence of Dreamwalker.
[1] For a moment, you think you'll be able to fix this. That maybe you can reach into the princess' mind, reach into the dreams you all share,  and bring her out of it.

Then the screaming starts.

It's the screaming of many things: The Princess, the nameless things the princess now communes with, you of course... but it's also the screaming of materials bending and shredding, of even this hellish structure coming apart at your presence.

Of the princess hatching.

You are jolted back into reality with a mild case of fever dreams and vomiting.

Princess: Thrashing Coma+Dreamwalker+Imminent Cuddly Tentacle Empress+Patient Cucumber Princess+Generous Mushroom Sultana->Trifold Empress Ascendant

Enoch has to use Dagon Magic and our linked dreamscapes to continue teaching the Princess about how to use Dagon Magic as a weapon and how to summon the things from beyond. He already did this before while stuck in a bag, he can do it again.
"What's wrong, Enoch? Everything is going according to the plan. To learn, one has to experience first. I know, We might need to stop Cio. She's getting in the way. Life will always lead to Death. Hope will always lead to Desperation. Everything that is part of reality seeks the way to end itself.
[2] You reach out through the dreamscape and find... more. A blazing presence, glaring upon you as uncomprehendingly as a god might stare at a leaf blown nearby.

Oh also those vents of unreality between you and the princess seem to have... adjusted? It's now a corridor through places that cannot exist yet are. Needless to say the inhabitants are pleased to see you.

Both: Terror Vents->Nightmare Channel

Try to convince the new pyromancer to give lessons to the Kilnsticker Guard.
[3] You give an impassioned speech about the need to expunge the baker menace, but she only reluctantly agrees to do it for money or something. You readily agree, both because it's hard to back out of a heroic speech when the bill comes and because people you deal with don't seem to last all that long anyway.

+1 Public Speaking
Pyro Debt

((I could swear I had posted. I guess the browser ate my post before I submitted it then I forgot all about it.))

"No, not like that. How about you be grateful I, the EVIL deity the cult worships, not only teaches you wondrous magic but also helps put yourself together when you fail? And that means calling me a dragon, by the way. Not a crab." Nallihen complained as he followed the suicidal volunteer and tried to piece him back together.

Help the suicidal volunteer rebuild himself properly.
[2] Nope, he melts further. Like, he was a thick goo before, now it's much creamier and smoother.

Still screaming, though.

Taking Maxine's example in light of the increasingly chaotic tower and Baker Purge, Dennis decides to go retire to the ocean with his beloved sea cucumbers.

I'll give up my slot as well, I don't really have any more ideas for this character.
[3] Like Maxime, you decide to get while the gettin's good. Well, maybe not 'good' so much as... better than you foresee it being in the near future. Possibly the un-near future as well, assuming the coming apocalypse doesn't destroy the mortal notion of time or something. It might.

Anyway, you find a nice spot of ocean, but it's a little rough and deeper than you'd like. Damned open ocean prices have been inflated ever since those intelligent half-golem sharks started buying up all the real estate via butchering everything within reach.

+1 Sea Cucumber Care
Retired!

Nji put it all out of his mind. The drowsiness helped. Everything and anything that might distract him from his purpose needed to go. All would be discarded, everything except for the bonds forged by the universal weirds, the bonds that fastened him to his pupil. To tread where she treads now he will need a clear path. He will invade these realms she spasms in and make them his own. And the princess will regrow them from fear into a place of beauty. Perhaps the fungi can even live in these realms. It is, after all, a place of dreams. It will teach her to grant life instead of destroy. Maybe even fight against her fears.

Take my soul out of the body and follow after the princess' comatose mind, shielding her from harm and helping her convert the nightmare realms into shroom habitats. More lively shrooms.
[6] You hurl yourself into the dreaming void, hoping to shield the princess from harm. Unfortunately the real harm comes from someone trying to help, and you're powerless to halt the birth of a terrible new god.

You're also powerless to not attach to her like a fungal spore, sprouting into a pleasant armor over an eldritch horror dwelling within a nightmarish dreamscape.

You're uncertain how to reverse this.

You: +2 Dagon Magic
Both: Nightmare Fungal Armor

Ninjas:
Kidnap Sally, then burn the tower to the ground: (5) Dolosus, RGU, Quest, Doomblade, ZBridges
[1] You try to stuff Sally into a bag and then use her as a mobile flamethrower, but she just starts lighting you on fire instead!

Another bad week for the shadow arts.

Sally: Ninjabane->Paladin of Fire

Quote from: Sally
Teach the dumb guards
[6] The guards come to realize the power of fire, and cackle alongside you while burning the unrighteous. Now they understand why the Bakers are to be truly loathed and feared: They were attempting to keep the Secret of Fire to themselves. NO LONGER!

Both: +2 Fire Magic
Kilnstickers:

The Cabal and Citadel are relatively quiet this week... as far as you can tell.

Quote from: NEWCOMERS
01 Mathelius the Ever-Angry, Responsible Angry Old Person (ziizo)
02 Jhin the Arcane, Neurotic Procurer (Doomblade)
03 Luark Ambereye, Life Mage (Roboson)
04 Jenkins, Seventh Eye of Isalgr'sheq (Atomic Chicken)
05 Vladimir Markov, Adamant Therapist (Shadowclaw)
06 Lucia Haiieitta, Secret Police (Egan)
07 Krazztar, BLOOOOOD MAAAAAAGE (Dolosus)
08 Erin Quill, Magitechnician (Glass)
09 Xazzoth, Crazy Old Man (darkwarlock)
10 El'Liger, Wrestler Wizard (PaPaj)
[4][10] Jenkins and El'Liger can saunter on back to the tower, if they'd like to. Otherwise, somebody else will probably steal their spot!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.

Devastator

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Wizard Princess RTD [Turn 11: True Calling]
« Reply #386 on: March 04, 2018, 12:17:33 am »

I think it's epilogue and reset time, at this moment.

Tiruin

• Bay Watcher
  • Life is too short for worries
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: March 04, 2018, 03:03:26 am »

Stupid exotic mages. And then they quit on us too. Stupid power disparity. (because HECK DID CONSOLING DO ANYTHING rather than NETHERWORLD PRINCESS WOOOOW) -_-

Seeing her useless skills and stats-
There were fewer now in the tower. Cio could feel it. Other than the residual waste of magic floating about, there was also a lack of other people within the week that had occurred. Where were the people responsible for this? They were not here. Not the doom-mage, or Maxime.

Wondering what to do now given the utter betrayal of the exotic magi, Cio had to be creative...to do something of even relative importance.

Get out of the tower; utilize the dreamscape (alongside illusion to at least level SOMETHING), to reach out to the populace nearby and warn of a disaster occurring; with the concise message to evacuate the area.
Also boop Nallihan because things just got stoooopid horrible.

Because wow did those +1 skills of those exotic mages create this HORROR AND STUPIDLY NEEDLESS INSANITY
« Last Edit: March 04, 2018, 03:10:12 am by Tiruin »

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: March 04, 2018, 03:35:42 am »

Turn 11: True Calling

[6] You hurl yourself into the dreaming void, hoping to shield the princess from harm. Unfortunately the real harm comes from someone trying to help, and you're powerless to halt the birth of a terrible new god.

You're also powerless to not attach to her like a fungal spore, sprouting into a pleasant armor over an eldritch horror dwelling within a nightmarish dreamscape.

You're uncertain how to reverse this.

You: +2 Dagon Magic
Both: Nightmare Fungal Armor

Shouldn't that be +2 Mycomancy?

IronyOwl

• Bay Watcher
  • Nope~
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: March 04, 2018, 04:52:58 am »

Shouldn't that be +2 Mycomancy?
It would be, except you needed a way to hurl your soul into dreamland in the first place.
Quote from: Radio Controlled (Discord)
A hand, a hand, my kingdom for a hot hand!
The kitchenette mold free, you move on to the pantry. it's nasty in there. The bacon is grazing on the lettuce. The ham is having an illicit affair with the prime rib, The potatoes see all, know all. A rat in boxer shorts smoking a foul smelling cigar is banging on a cabinet shouting about rent money.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 36