Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6

Author Topic: Lose Your Mind: The Lucid RTD [Turn 8]  (Read 9539 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: Lose Your Mind: The Lucid RTD [Turn 0]
« Reply #15 on: January 17, 2018, 08:18:50 pm »

Form a mental image of the sea slug. If nothing happens, examine the boat.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 17, 2018, 08:21:29 pm »

I don't care about mysteries and I'm sure as hell not going to bother understanding obvious prey. Try to eat the sea slug. If I can't eat the sea slug/after eating the sea slug, eat the "Nobody else" guy. Regardless of outcome, eat the distinct lack of doors too. Then eat the sea slug again.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 17, 2018, 09:30:08 pm »

Take the distinct lack of doors and rip part of it off, so that "distinct lack of" is separate from doors. Apparently, the sea slug is not an entity, or so the turn assumes.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 18, 2018, 12:59:37 am »

Examine the lock, if it does nothing throw it a the plank of wood.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Lose Your Mind: The Lucid RTD [Turn 1]
« Reply #19 on: January 18, 2018, 09:47:46 am »

Turn 1: Oddy Nanorm Equismatrol

Examine the Nobody else. Who is he?

Among other things, the Nobody else is no one. It stands in the corner, not acknowledging anyone or anything in the room. Upon inspection, this Nobody else looks to be composed out of some sort of solid shadow, in no particular distinct shape at all.

Form a mental image of the sea slug. If nothing happens, examine the boat.

[Roll: 4-1]

In your mind, you see the contours of the sea slug, squiggling and twitching. The sea slug seems unperturbed by this action. Or so one assumes.

The boat itself is a fairly standard sailboat, standing more than 2 but less than 12 meters tall. It bobs ever so slightly.

I don't care about mysteries and I'm sure as hell not going to bother understanding obvious prey. Try to eat the sea slug. If I can't eat the sea slug/after eating the sea slug, eat the "Nobody else" guy. Regardless of outcome, eat the distinct lack of doors too. Then eat the sea slug again.

[Roll: 1+5]
[Sea Slug: 2+3]

You grab the sea slug, pull it out of it's bag, and stuff it down your gullet. As you savor the taste of sea slug, you notice that another, identical sea slug in an identical bag crawls out of the mirror.

You attempt to consume the Nobody else and the distinct lack of doors, but the Nobody else appears to be intangible and you wouldn't know where to begin when it comes to eating a distinct lack of something.

You then vomit up the sea slug, so that you can eat it again.

[Item Acquired: Sea Slug (In Stomach)]

Take the distinct lack of doors and rip part of it off, so that "distinct lack of" is separate from doors. Apparently, the sea slug is not an entity, or so the turn assumes.

Try as you might, you cannot seem to separate the distinct lack of from the doors. You keep the distinct lack of doors, just in case.

[Item Acquired: Distinct lack of doors]

Examine the lock, if it does nothing throw it a the plank of wood.

This particular lock appears to contain a large amount of water, separated into several different levels. You attempt to throw it at the plank of wood, but the lock is a little bit too big for that.

Spoiler: Luke (OceanSoul) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fifi (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 18, 2018, 09:59:56 am »

Figure out what the boat is bobbing in. Instead of separating the distinct lack of doors, fold the "lack of" inward so that it reads "distinct doors".
Something like this:___ -> _/\_ -> _||_
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 18, 2018, 10:19:35 am »

The Obvious solution to the problem it to pick up the wood plank and hit the sea slug with it until it is dead.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 18, 2018, 10:22:30 am »

Step through the Mirror. Should I emerge unscathed, push on a wall.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 18, 2018, 11:57:48 am »

Eat the sea slug that is currently out of my stomach, the one from the mirror. Examine myself in the mirror and try to eat my reflection, too. Then jump against the mirror, either crashing against it and destroying it or going through. Both outcomes are favorable. Then find something to eat because I haven't eaten anything recently.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 18, 2018, 06:47:13 pm »

Glare at the Nobody else. Attempt to provoke a response.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Lose Your Mind: The Lucid RTD [Turn 2]
« Reply #25 on: January 19, 2018, 09:47:34 am »

Turn 2: Tapayn Wabalates Ocuted

Figure out what the boat is bobbing in. Instead of separating the distinct lack of doors, fold the "lack of" inward so that it reads "distinct doors".
Something like this:___ -> _/\_ -> _||_

Why, the boat is bobbing in water! What else would a boat be bobbing in, a lampshade?

As for your attempts to manipulate the distinct lack of doors, when you attempt to fold it in upon itself it doesn't budge an inch. You'd need a great deal more strength to perform such a procedure.

The Obvious solution to the problem it to pick up the wood plank and hit the sea slug with it until it is dead.

[Roll: 7+2]
[Sea Slug: 2+3]

Somehow, with your little poodle legs, you manage to pick up the plank of wood and beat the living bajeesus out of the sea slug! As the mucous and internal organs of the sea slug dribble across the floor, bits of clear plastic everywhere, you notice another sea slug crawling out of the mirror.

Step through the Mirror. Should I emerge unscathed, push on a wall.

[Roll: 1+3]

Tenatively, you attempt to walk through the mirror. As you poke your hand through, as the mirror is too small for you to walk through it upright, you glance through it and see what you saw.

However, as you try to push further into the mirror, you are stopped by some force of will! Your arm is now stuck through the mirror, up to the shoulder.

Eat the sea slug that is currently out of my stomach, the one from the mirror. Examine myself in the mirror and try to eat my reflection, too. Then jump against the mirror, either crashing against it and destroying it or going through. Both outcomes are favorable. Then find something to eat because I haven't eaten anything recently.

First, you eat the oozing remains of the second sea slug. Then, you look in the mirror and see what you saw. You would attempt to jump through the mirror, but a gentleman made entirely of gold appears to have his arm stuck in the mirror.

Besides, it is a fairly small mirror. You doubt you'd be able to jump through it anyway.

Glare at the Nobody else. Attempt to provoke a response.

You slowly turn towards the Nobody else and point your staff at it menacingly. But nothing happens.

Spoiler: Luke (OceanSoul) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fifi (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 19, 2018, 09:59:40 am »

Smash the mirror and consume the third sea slug! Then eat the mirror, too. After that, try to bend the distinct lack of doors with my beastly strenght. Then eat the sea slug. Make sure to break the wood plank in half to show my strenght to everyone.

((OOC: I think I know the answer to the riddle, but IC I'm probably just going to brute force everything until it works.

"See what you saw"
 I think I saw a saw in the mirror. There is a plank of wood in the room, so I think someone should try to use the saw on the plank.))
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 10:30:20 am by randomgenericusername »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 19, 2018, 10:06:24 am »

Beating a sea slug to death is thirsty work, so I shall drink all of the water that is in that lock thing.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 19, 2018, 11:02:50 am »

Consider how the water exists in the room as a whole. Try to look in the water, to see if anything notable is within it or upon it.

Oh, I remember that wordplay, random. Take what you saw, saw the plank in half, and rejoin it, getting a whole. Then, you jump out of the hole, ignoring the W. Oldest wordplay riddle in the book.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 12:22:24 pm by OceanSoul »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 19, 2018, 11:24:16 am »

Wait a second.
This particular lock appears to contain a large amount of water, separated into several different levels. You attempt to throw it at the plank of wood, but the lock is a little bit too big for that.
Why, the boat is bobbing in water! What else would a boat be bobbing in, a lampshade?
This is a goddamn water lock. I think there is a river or canal in the room.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 11:27:08 am by randomgenericusername »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6