Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Author Topic: Lose Your Mind: The Lucid RTD [Turn 8]  (Read 9514 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Lose Your Mind: The Lucid RTD [Turn 2]
« Reply #30 on: January 19, 2018, 12:21:18 pm »

Wait a second.
This particular lock appears to contain a large amount of water, separated into several different levels. You attempt to throw it at the plank of wood, but the lock is a little bit too big for that.
Why, the boat is bobbing in water! What else would a boat be bobbing in, a lampshade?
This is a goddamn water lock. I think there is a river or canal in the room.
Never even heard of that before. ‘looks up on wikipedia’ Huh.

Changing action: Investigate water lock; what is in or under the water? Does the water lead to or from somewhere outside the room? Also, trying a technicality; Are there any holes or such in the walls, ceiling, or floor of the room, such that we could escape the room from them? There can be exits without doors, of course.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 19, 2018, 03:04:35 pm »

Open the gates on the water lock.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
  • Blatant furry. Also a hypnotist.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 19, 2018, 04:50:55 pm »

That's it! Kill the Nobody else with dark magic.
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 19, 2018, 05:26:29 pm »

Turn 3: Tavisted Hotory Rimmined Enogents Ellaces

Smash the mirror and consume the third sea slug! Then eat the mirror, too. After that, try to bend the distinct lack of doors with my beastly strenght. Then eat the sea slug. Make sure to break the wood plank in half to show my strenght to everyone.

((OOC: I think I know the answer to the riddle, but IC I'm probably just going to brute force everything until it works.

"See what you saw"
 I think I saw a saw in the mirror. There is a plank of wood in the room, so I think someone should try to use the saw on the plank.))

With a mighty roar, you send your whole being careening towards the mirror!

[Roll: 8+5]

Unfortunately, it appears that you forgot that Mr. Silver was still somewhat stuck in the mirror. As it shatters into a million billion tiny pieces, you feel a strange feeling overcome you.

[Mirrors: -1]

Also, all of these mirror pieces look far too small to eat. How disappointing. Attempts to use your... um... "strenght" to bend the distinct lack of doors and the board both result in similarly unremarkable conclusions. You do eat the sea slug, however.

[Item Acquired: Sea Slug (In Stomach)]

Beating a sea slug to death is thirsty work, so I shall drink all of the water that is in that lock thing.

You drink. You drink and you drink and you drink and you drink and you drink.

[Roll: 2+3]

Despite how much you drink, the water level in the lock only slightly decreases.

Wait a second.
This particular lock appears to contain a large amount of water, separated into several different levels. You attempt to throw it at the plank of wood, but the lock is a little bit too big for that.
Why, the boat is bobbing in water! What else would a boat be bobbing in, a lampshade?
This is a goddamn water lock. I think there is a river or canal in the room.
Never even heard of that before. ‘looks up on wikipedia’ Huh.

Changing action: Investigate water lock; what is in or under the water? Does the water lead to or from somewhere outside the room? Also, trying a technicality; Are there any holes or such in the walls, ceiling, or floor of the room, such that we could escape the room from them? There can be exits without doors, of course.

Among other things, there is a boat in the water. Looking under the water, you can sea a variety of red fish.

As for holes, there is a rather large one where the lock is.

Open the gates on the water lock.

Reeling somewhat from the loss of your arm in a rather confusing mirror accident, you attempt to open the gates of the lock.

[Roll: 2+2]

Unfortunately, the large wheel which you assume to be the means by which the gates are opened, refuses to budge no matter how hard you push on it.

That's it! Kill the Nobody else with dark magic.

[Roll: 7+5]

Calling upon the dark magicks, you fire a bolt of pure darkness from your staff's crystal at the Nobody else!

It doesn't look like it did anything besides increasing the size of the Nobody else.

Spoiler: Luke (OceanSoul) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fifi (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.
Ongoing Forum Thingamajiggers:
Wikipedia Wars: Revengance

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 19, 2018, 06:10:37 pm »

Ah, so that's how it's gonna be. If adding darkness to the Nobody else grows it, taking darkness away must shrink it! Use dark magic to drain all the darkness from the Nobody else!
Generic Arms Race.

Would you like to play a game of Mafia? The subforum is always open to new players.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 19, 2018, 06:15:26 pm »

My bear senses are tingling. But first, search the room for hidden sea slug to consume. Then fish in the body of water and eat red herrings (or whatever red fish is in the water) until I'm completely full. Hibernate and sleep after eating the fish.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Lose Your Mind: The Lucid RTD [Turn 3]
« Reply #36 on: January 19, 2018, 08:15:10 pm »

Mirror the water lock to create a water pump.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 20, 2018, 01:17:23 am »

Confirm if the hole the lock is in just leads to the lock, and not outside the room. Get in the boat, and consider why there was the sea pun with the red fish.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 20, 2018, 01:28:35 am »

Investigate the punching bag that every one has forgotten about if it douse nothing, try to eat it.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
Re: Lose Your Mind: The Lucid RTD [Turn 4]
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 12:27:38 pm »

Turn 4: Ferated Infibberifich Vorky Excele

Ah, so that's how it's gonna be. If adding darkness to the Nobody else grows it, taking darkness away must shrink it! Use dark magic to drain all the darkness from the Nobody else!

[Roll: 6+5]

With terrible strength, you begin to suck the wisps of the Nobody else into your staff. You hear a loud, piercing, shattering wail, and then silence.

[Item Acquired: Essence of Nobody else.]

My bear senses are tingling. But first, search the room for hidden sea slug to consume. Then fish in the body of water and eat red herrings (or whatever red fish is in the water) until I'm completely full. Hibernate and sleep after eating the fish.

[Roll: 4+1]

Unfortunately, there are no sea slugs to be found within this room. Unsatisfied, you catch a few fish and eat them unhappily before falling asleep.

[Item Acquired: Red fish (In Stomach)]

Mirror the water lock to create a water pump.

[Roll: 2-1]

You focus very, very hard on the water pump, but nothing happens. Darn.

Confirm if the hole the lock is in just leads to the lock, and not outside the room. Get in the boat, and consider why there was the sea pun with the red fish.

Yes, the hole does in fact lead to the lock. With a grunt of satisfaction, you scramble into the boat and ponder the ineffable mysteries of red fish and sea puns.

Investigate the punching bag that every one has forgotten about if it douse nothing, try to eat it.

The punching bag is made of black leather, and hangs from the ceiling of the room by a rusted metal chain. It is rather beat-up and looks extremely well-used.

Then you start chewing on the bottom corner of it for some reason.

Spoiler: Luke (OceanSoul) (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Fifi (King Zultan) (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 02:15:14 pm by DolosusDoleus »
Does that make scientific sense? No? Well it's Earth IV and he's a giant crocodile-man. Use your imagination.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 02:08:49 pm »

((My goal was to basically form a mental image of a pump in my head and will it into being. I thought I could maybe "mirror" the concept of a lock into a pump.))

FallacyofUrist

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 02:09:40 pm »

Excellent. If Nobody else is dead, does that make a Somebody else? Check.
Generic Arms Race.

DolosusDoleus

• Bay Watcher
  • Affably Evil
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 21, 2018, 02:13:40 pm »

((My goal was to basically form a mental image of a pump in my head and will it into being. I thought I could maybe "mirror" the concept of a lock into a pump.))

((Mmkay. Changing your action now.))

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: January 21, 2018, 02:25:33 pm »

Delve deep within my own unconscious mind. Try to find myself in the dream/nightmare.
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 21, 2018, 03:21:43 pm »

No mirror, no problem...wait. Is there a source of light in this room? What is it? Are we in darkness?

Anyway, Look in the water for a reflection, and take note of what I see. Later, it's what I saw. Use the thing saw to saw the plank in half. Rejoin the plank on a wall, where it is now whole. Ignore the W and escape through the hole.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6