Dwarf Fortress > DF Gameplay Questions

3D Visualizers

(1/2) > >>

mirrizin:
Pardon me if this is the wrong thread or a novice's question, but is there a visualizer that's reliably compatible with the latest version?

jecowa:
Both visualizers that I know of require DFHack. I think they both work okay.

The first option is built-in to DFHack. It's called Stonesense. Type stonesense into the Terminal window to launch it. It's not really 3D, but it's isometric.

The other option is Armok Vision. This one is actually 3D. It has a bit higher system requirements to run than Stonesense.

mirrizin:
Is DFHack safe to run with the current version?

jecowa:
I think it's safe. And I don't think it can do anything to mess anything up as long as you're not running any of its commands. Delete the contents of the "dfhack.init-example" and "dfhack.init" files to prevent it from running any commands by default. Deleting those files might be fine, but it acts like it still loads them if you delete them.

The Visualizers use DFHack for its RemoteFortressReader plugin. You might also be able to get away with deleting all the /hack/plugins/ except the RemoteFortressReader, but I'm not sure if it needs any of the others to work.

mirrizin:
I'll have to try that. I'd used stonesense in an earlier version, but it has been a while.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version