Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 4

Author Topic: Life's No Object - An Urban RPG with a Twist  (Read 3399 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Life's No Object - An Urban RPG with a Twist
« on: January 18, 2018, 11:31:25 pm »

Welcome to New Newtropolis. Not as fancy as the name implies, but it's a bastion of civilization against the Rural Frontier that surrounds it - a dull country of rolling hills and blasted wasteland that no self-respecting city dweller would ever find themselves in. After all, they've got their jobs to do, right? So, they live their pointless little lives, always too short to do anything meaningful, and leave the world as ignorant as they entered it. Cradle to grave, never even guessing at how much better they could be having it if they actually tried to do something, for once.

Yeah, you won't stand for that crap. It's time to do something that matters - and you're not going to let anything like dying get in the way of it. Instead of shuffling off the mortal coil like some kind of pansy, you've going to stay right put! Sure, some poor bloke is going to have to take a backseat to their body, but they didn't know how to live their life anyway. Hell, if you turn out to be right, they'll end up you the favor.

And you know you're going to be right.

Spoiler: What is this? (click to show/hide)
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: Life's No Object - An Urban RPG with a Twist
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 11:48:01 pm »

In. I know we're rolling 2 dice, not just 1, for all actions, but shouldn't this still be under the RTD subforum?
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2018, 01:03:00 am »

In

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 01:20:39 am »

Why Not? In

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 01:32:19 am »

In
Insert witty signature here

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 03:47:11 am »

PTW
Edit:
In
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 06:59:43 am by wertyzerty »

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2018, 03:54:30 am »

Looks fun. IN
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 19, 2018, 09:52:13 am »

Alright. 6 looks like the most I can handle. I'll start the game today.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:58:37 am by Tomasque »
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 19, 2018, 08:55:22 pm »

OceanSoul & Kilojoule Proton & Shadowclaw777:
 You and two of your friends are spread across the main room, pistols in hand. You can hear the sirens and see the flashing colors faintly reflected on the wall. This is it, they'll be here soon. It's not that important how it happens, but you all decided that it'd be better to start with a clean slate. Something like this was going to happen anyway, so it seemed like the best way to do it.

You're just going through the motions, now.
---
GigaGiant:
 Leaning over the bathroom tub, you struggle to reassemble the grenade launcher. Your hands start to shake as the sirens get louder. How hard can it it be? You could always just give up, you suppose, and go with it like the others - but that's not what this was about! This was about doing something big, making an impression! And, yeah, that's not something you're going to realistically achieve this life...

...but you still want to go out with a bang.
---
wertyzerty & King Zultan:
 You and that other guy stand out on the balcony. Guard duty - like you used do - but without a real point now. You gaze at the street below and wonder if you could just reincarnate now. Not worth it - a one story fall might not be enough. You eye the rifle in your hands. It'd be a bit awkward, but... your thoughts are interrupted by the approaching sirens. Well, you don't have a lot of time to decide.

Not that it matters - you just want to get this over with.
---
Spoiler: Apartment Layout (click to show/hide)
Money!

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 19, 2018, 09:05:09 pm »

Finish reassembling the grenade launcher. Then position myself as far as possible from the entrance, but make sure I can still see it. Aim my launcher toward the entrance. As soon as I see any cops or other hostile parties, fire. Smile as I watch the fireworks.
Insert witty signature here

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 19, 2018, 09:21:56 pm »

Take cover behind the couch, preparing and checking my pistol. to make sure it's functional, and holding my breath waiting for them to come over. The second that grenade boom across the door, pick up off the straggler with my pistol. Aim for the head, make sure that I don't waste unnecessary ammo that aren't kill-shots, got to save as much ammo as I can
« Last Edit: January 19, 2018, 09:43:12 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 19, 2018, 09:39:12 pm »

Take cover beneath the couch, preparing and checking my pistol. to make sure it's functional, and holding my breath waiting for them to come over. The second that grenade boom across the door, pick up off the straggler with my pistol. Aim for the head, make sure that I don't waste unnecessary ammo that aren't kill-shots, got to save as much ammo as I can
Do you mean behind the couch? There isn't enough room under it.
Money!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 19, 2018, 09:43:58 pm »

Take cover beneath the couch, preparing and checking my pistol. to make sure it's functional, and holding my breath waiting for them to come over. The second that grenade boom across the door, pick up off the straggler with my pistol. Aim for the head, make sure that I don't waste unnecessary ammo that aren't kill-shots, got to save as much ammo as I can
Do you mean behind the couch? There isn't enough room under it.
Yes I meant behind, I utilize the wrong preposition. Sorry

Roboson

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2018, 09:46:00 pm »

(If this is still taking people, IN.)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 19, 2018, 09:56:37 pm »

(If this is still taking people, IN.)
I am really happy to have so many interested, but I don't think I'll be able to handle more than 6. I can put you on a waitlist, if you want, so you can take someone's place if they drop out.
Money!
Pages: [1] 2 3 4