Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Life's No Object - An Urban RPG with a Twist  (Read 3398 times)

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life's No Object - An Urban RPG with a Twist
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 12:38:45 am »

PTW

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 01:13:54 am »

Let life flash a bit before my eyes. How did any of this happen, anyway? What did we do to get this attention, and why? Regret. Consider our escape routes, if lucky, and how we could find new lives after this.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 01:38:05 am »

Get ready on the balcony to shoot the cops as they come up to the building, and duck into the building it I get shot at.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 02:11:48 am »

Consider barricading the front door with the armchair. If it's heavy enough and we can escape from the balcony, it should buy us a few crucial seconds.

Else, hide behind the closet door, draw my gun, and prepare to fire on the first thing that comes through the front door.

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 21, 2018, 08:26:08 am »

Take the chairs on the balcony and line them up flush with the fence, providing a place to hide or take cover if we get shot at.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 21, 2018, 08:20:59 pm »

OceanSoul:
 You sit down on the kitchen rug and decide to think things over. So much has happened these past weeks: You found out about that book. You got everyone together. There was the heist, and the desperate days afterwards as you figured out how it all worked. Then it all clicked, and the deal was done. As for escape routes and a new life, you've already got that covered. Each of you called in the anonymous tips 10 minutes ago, and here they are. A little target practice and you're off to a brand new start, courtesy of a power no mortal can comprehend. A pair of gunshots. The door bursts open, an officer lobs something onto the bed. Another pair of gunshots. Here we go.
---
Kilojoule Proton:
 You think the armchair might be heavy enough to do the trick. [2] Or maybe a little too heavy? You've got a little time, so you try it. You feel it shudder as you drag it slowly across the floor. It gets caught on the corner, and you struggle to pivot it around. Finally, the chair is in place. You turn to go to the closet, before remembering that it's sealed. As you look for a place to take cover, you hear a gunshot, and you drop to the floor. Another shot rings out and the window shatters. Someone at the back of the room collapses. Were they holding a grenade lau- The door blows open, and the armchair falls on top of you, pinning your legs to the floor. Something sails over your head, and gunshots fly past, one of them straight into the chair.
---
Shadowclaw777:
 You get behind the couch. The sirens turn off, and the waiting begins. Someone drags the armchair towards the door. You hope the guy in the bathroom gets his grenade launcher together - and fast. After a minute, you hear a loudspeaker. "You are surrounded. Come to the balcony and drop your weapons. Do not resist." How about they come and get them? The bathroom door opens, and its occupant - grenade launcher in hand - sets himself against the window, just as the other guy moves the armchair into place. You hold your breath to steady your aim, but a gunshot breaks your focus. A moment later, a louder shot shatters the window and sends the grenadier to the ground. The grenade launcher tumbles to the foot of the bed, but before you can even consider reaching it, the door slams open with a deafening crack, knocking over the chair, pinning your friend under it. Without a second thought, you aim for the head of the officer. [5] The bullet embeds itself into the doorframe as they duck and throw an something onto the bed. [6] Your second shot tears through the armchair, but the policeman has already dived out of sight.
---
GigaGiant:
 [9] You shut the door and turn your attention towards the grenade launcher once more. Slowly, steadily - nervously - you figure out what goes where and how. It takes a while. It feels like that, anyway. At some point, you think you hear a loud voice, and in the back of your head, you think it might even be the cops. Doesn't matter. You slide the barrel into place and load a grenade in the chamber. With silent satisfaction, you open the door, walk over to the window, and turn towards the entrance. Suddenly, you hear a gunshot. [4] Instinctively, you turn towards the source, just in time for a shotgun blast to propel a lethal dose of buckshot into your upper torso.
~~
 It's a bright and cloudless day above New Newtropolis. Your soul drifts up towards the sky, and you feel the warmth of the sun. Then, you feel a tug like a chain, and you begin to fall down-down-down to the city below. You're coming back, but you have a choice: You examine your options - a scuffle in the darkness, a terrible yell; that old person smell, and someone at the door; an axe, a pickup truck... a violent criminal. Where will your new life begin?

---
wertyzerty:
 You get to work as the police cars approach the balcony. You line them up with their backs against the railing and duck down. A peek over the edge shows two cop cars blocking the street below. You duck back into cover, but no one shoots. After a brief silence, you hear a loud voice: "You are surrounded. Come to the balcony and drop your weapons. Do not resist." How futile. You see your friend look inside the apartment, and when you turn to see what he's looking at, you can't believe your eyes. The guy who holed himself up in the bathroom has a grenade launcher - a frickin' grenade launcher! How'd he get his hands on that? You don't have time to think it over - your friend looks down and fires his rifle at the police. The grenadier turns towards the window, and a shotgun blast sends him to the floor. Like the sound of a breaking bottle, the gunshot sets things in motion. You hear the lock break as the door to the apartment is forced open, and you see an object spin through the air before landing somewhere - probably on the bed. Gunshots fill the air.
---
King Zultan:
 You steady the rifle against the balcony as the six police cars slow down in the street below. Two of them turn to face you, while the other four keep driving. A long minute of silence ensues, while your friend takes cover behind a barricade of balcony chairs. Then, the loudspeaker atop one of the cars comes to life: "You are surrounded. Come to the balcony and drop your weapons. Do not resist." That's not happening. You hear a door open, and you turn to see that weirdo come out of the bathroom with... is that a grenade launcher? He walks over to the window and turns his back to the balcony. It's a grenade launcher. You see it; Your friend sees it; The cops see it. One of them opens the door and reaches for his shotgun. It all happens in a flash. [5] You take a shot at him, but it ricochets off the door. He fires a shotgun as the grenadier spins around, hitting him in the chest. Before you can reload, the entrance door slams open and someone outside tosses something into the room. You duck down as you hear the guns go off. Down below, the police officers - 2 in each vehicle - hold their guns at ready.
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 08:30:32 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 09:18:15 pm »

First death! Where's my achievement?  :P

Respawn in the old person smell situation.
Insert witty signature here

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 09:51:27 pm »

First death! Where's my achievement?  :P

Respawn in the old person smell situation.
Unique Achievement Unlocked!
{-{]First in Line to Limbo[}-}
-Was the first Player to die and obtain reincarnation
Rare Achievement Unlocked!
[ {Speed-Running Tactics} ]
-Die after your first turn in a body
Common Achievement Unlocked!
[Sweet Death]
Die once.

Remember the book. Prefer this body of mine, and try and get onto the balcony of the lower floor, or ground if there isn't one. Flee the scene, maybe conceal my face.

("Why is everything so hazy? I feel so..separate from my prior self. But...why? Was it the deal? Why did I make it, anyway? I...I can't die, yet! I must remember that book!")
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2018, 12:13:58 am »

Fire wildly in the general direction of the door! May as well try taking a few down with me!

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2018, 03:22:13 am »

Open fire on the cops that are coming into the apartment.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2018, 04:21:23 pm »

Help King Zultan kill the cops and hide behind the bed, spraying the doorway with bullets.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2018, 06:25:24 pm »

Whelp grab the Grenade launcher and than launch a grenade into the door way, if I'm not dead after that go and hide in the bathroom by trying to stand on the sink/counter with my pistol at the door

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 24, 2018, 09:24:24 pm »

OceanSoul:
 None of you knew too much about the book. It was supposedly a tome of forgotten rituals. An ancient artifact or something. Your thoughts are temporarily interrupted by a flash of light and an ear-popping boom. [5] Disoriented, you struggle to remember what you were doing. Another explosion breaks your line of thinking. Permanently.
~~
 Your mind feels free as you drift up above the city. You see a light - not the sun, something more distant... something more beautiful. Not today. With a shudder, you begin to plummet to the ground. The world opens up before you, and the new options of life reveal themselves below: The pounding of water - a long drop; A shrieking whistle, shaky hands, and panic; A cold, humorless laugh in the darkness. Oh, where to begin?

---
Kilojoule Proton:
 You pop off a few through the doorway, into the hallway beyond. [9] You think that last one may have hit something. You strain forward for another shot, when your senses are overwhelmed by a bright light and deafening noise. [3] You drop your gun and try to scramble into a corner in a wild frenzy, but the armchair pins you to the spot. Your struggle is ended as the impact grenade hits the wall two feet to your left.
~~
 The air is pleasantly chill. Such simplicity, such peace. You close your eyes, and feel yourself move like a breeze - all is calm. Nothing lasts forever. You open your eyes to see yourself hurtling towards the earth. Too little time. Not much of a decision. You see a room: Three people. A tall foreigner; A masked stranger; A bound professor. The moment is imminent - what do you choose?

---
Shadowclaw777:
 You grab the grenade launcher. As you turn your aim towards the doorway, the flashbang on the bed goes off. [6] You pull the trigger in surprise. Another deafening boom as the grenade hits its mark - hopefully the mark you were aiming at. [10] You feel the heat, but you don't think you got hit by any shrapnel. Half blind, you crawl towards the bathroom. [10] You get to the wall, reach around for the tiles, and crawl inside. You pull yourself up against the sink, and aim a shaky pistol towards the door. You hope that no one's actually there.
---
GigaGiant:
 Bertha McWilliam stood, transfixed at the door, as the two men chatted away. Was something wrong with the house? It was termites?! And her house could get repossesed?!!! Breathlessly, she stumbled to the side, and the two let themselves in. "It's going to be alright," says one, "if we find anything, we'll cover half of the removal costs. It's our special discount for seniors."

He hands you a small pamphlet: It's got a logo and brand on the top (Bugs Under Ground Stoppers Inc), and a bunch of information on how termites can lower your property value, cause bad vibes, and increase the cost of your life support. Terrifying stuff. The other guy - the taller one - walks down the hall. "I'll just check things out over here. Don't, uhh, come by. It's dangerous. Pretty dangerous. I'm a professional." The first one smiles, charmingly. "Well," he adds "while Charles takes a look around, why don't you tell me a little bit about yourself. Say, are those your grandchildren?" He points to a picture of three smiling children on the coffee table.

Welcome to Suburbia, District 4.
---
wertyzerty:
 You follow your friend's lead, and aim towards the door. Where did they go? A sudden burst of light and sound numbs your brain. [7] You fumble with the gun, but you keep a hold on it as you collapse to the floor. Another explosion sends fragments whistling above your head, a single solace as you lay - paralyzed with shock - on the cold cement.
---
King Zultan:
 You stand up and take aim at the door. There's no sign of them yet. You peek at the object on the bed - it's a flashbang! You try to back away, but it's too late. You're caught directly in the light, and your eyes are blinded. You don't even realize that you've backed up too far until you feel yourself tip over the edge of the railing. [4] The fall kills you instantly.
~~
 You watch the building retreat beneath you. Soon, you reach a world even the sky scrapers cannot grasp. Silence, solitude. Not for long - the ground advances as quickly as it retreated. Then faster. And faster. The sounds are getting louder: A hammering - metal on metal - almost too loud to bear; A softer sound: the hum and clatter of pipes; A round of laughter, somewhere distant, almost too quiet to hear. The world is alive with noise. Soon, you - too - will live, but where?
« Last Edit: January 24, 2018, 09:27:44 pm by Tomasque »
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #28 on: January 24, 2018, 09:30:00 pm »

Take control of the masked stranger

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 24, 2018, 09:48:50 pm »

The pounding of water - a long drop. Shaking hands suggests I'd be in a bad situation or possess a nervous person. And I don't want to go evil.

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4