Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4

Author Topic: Life's No Object - An Urban RPG with a Twist  (Read 3397 times)

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Life's No Object - An Urban RPG with a Twist
« Reply #30 on: January 24, 2018, 10:27:30 pm »

A softer sound: the hum and clatter of pipes Kind of figured I'd get shot and die not fall off the balcony, oh well, onward to new experiences.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 25, 2018, 01:39:51 pm »

Wait for a minute while the effect of the flashbang goes away while aiming my gun at the door and if no-one comes in go to the bathroom with Shadowclaw.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 25, 2018, 01:49:39 pm »

Wait until I see a police officer comes inside the bathroom, hoping that the officer expects me to be in the bathtub and than put a bullet inside his dome, and than tackle his body

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2018, 06:18:40 pm »

"Oh, yes. Ah, I love them so much. Sometimes their father brings them over for a visit, when he's not busy with work. He's a criminal investigator, you see. It's a dangerous line of work though. I worry about my son's safety, but he's good at his job. He's done a lot of good in the community, and I'm proud of him."

Brag about my son's accomplishments. Make an offhand comment about how he usually stops by for a visit around this time of the day. Then ask about the visitor's family.
Insert witty signature here

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 29, 2018, 07:59:58 pm »

Shaking hands suggests I'd be in a bad situation or possess a nervous person. And I don't want to go evil.
When you possess someone, you keep your own personality. You don't even have access to their memories, unless you make a concerted effort to try and "remember" something from their lives.

Also, now that I'm back from the convention I forgot to mention, I'm going to work on the update. Post-con headache aaaagh
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2018, 02:00:44 am »

OceanSoul:
 Arthur Melone wondered why he had decided come here. He had always wanted a little adventure in his life, but to cancel an interview to hang around this old dam? That wasn't like him at all. To make it worse, he had the most peculiar feeling... like he had been here before. He turned and looked down the length of the dam. With a chill, he recognized the concrete, windowless building jutting out of the walkway. Feeling sick, he hung his head over the railing.

From here, you have the most interesting view: The water rushes down the wall like a man-made waterfall, and the subsequent river rapidly snakes away, returning once more to the Rural Frontier. Squinting through the mist, you can see that - close to the wall - a concrete box sits beside the river, similar in size and shape to the one off to your left. To your right, you can see the city, but few cars come by here.

Welcome to Suburbia, District 6, St. Nepenthe's Hydroelectric Dam.
---
Kilojoule Proton:
 The masked stranger tried his best to act unconcerned as the foreigner looked over the quarry. He threw a nervous glance down the tunnel behind him. It had been difficult enough to get the thing down here, how would he get it out? He shifted uncomfortably on the tracks. No matter - once the deal was through, it would be her problem. But why was she taking so long?

Another quick glance backwards. Honestly, you don't have the foggiest idea of where you are. "So you say he's the real deal?" the foreigner doubtfully interrupts. "He doesn't look like much of a physicist to me. Half price."

Welcome to ? ? ?
---
GigaGiant:
 [6] He looks doubtful of your bluff, but you can hear his breath quicken. With a forced smile, he chirps up, "My family's doing well. My... my son, actually, is goi-" A sharp rap at the door cuts him off. He swallows a grimace. "Let me check on Charlie," he says as he runs down the hall, "I think he needs my help!" He's out of sight before you can stop him. The moment of indecision is punctuated by another knock at the door, louder and more insistent. The doorbell rings a couple of times, too, for the good measure.
---
Shadowclaw777:
 The spots start to fade, and the ringing in your ears becomes bearable again. A gunshot brings your hazy mind to attention, and when you see the figure move in front of the door, you open fire. [7] A shout of pain and surprise. [7] [8] [5] As the bulletholes rip the door open, you think you see the body go still. [3] Before you can even breath a sigh of relief, the second officer comes into the doorway and empties his clip into your chest. The world goes dark. Painfully dark.
~~
 When the darkness and the pain disappears, you find flying through the air. Stunned by the view, you watch the crisscrossing roads and matchbox buildings shrink with each passing moment. Then, as if bound by ball and chain, you are sharply pulled back. With a graceless tug, you are thrown to the earth. The buildings are getting bigger, the roads are getting closer. Down there - among those buildings and roads - lies your new life: The sound of trumpets and muffled screams; A tense excitement in the foul air; The wail of an organ and a whispered prayer. You sense out the vague contours of your new existence. To which will you commit?

---
wertyzerty:
 Once your fingers stop twitching, you reach up and haul yourself to the broken window. Time to make them pay. [4] Before you can bring the rifle through the windowsill, the nervous policeman inside levels his pistol and shoots you in the head.
~~
 The world drops away below you as you rise to meet the sky. You feel weightless... Then your attention is caught by something in the distance, a large building in the wastes. It looks like some sort of tower. Before you can get a better look, you feel yourself wrenched towards the ground. You are falling, but where to? A strained vigil, a tedious task, or a meaningless decision. These are the lives that lay open before you - but what kind of choices are those? Perhaps it would be better to let fate decide, as you focus on the tower, instead.

---
King Zultan:
 Jeb hadn't been feeling that good lately. His stomach hurt, and it was getting hard to sleep again. It wasn't the pipes this time - he'd gotten used to that. Maybe he hadn't gotten enough to eat, lately. Maybe he needed to go see Doc again. Either way, here he was, half awake and half asleep, staring at the pipes on that covered the room through the semi-darkness that covered the room, too. Pallas... why was he thinking of Pallas?

Blinking away the weariness, your first invitation into your new life is the Pallas logo stamped into a nearby pipe, as well as every other pipe in this room. That old factory makes everything, doesn't it? You shrug off the thin blanket and take a better look at your surroundings. There isn't much to see here, except for a dim light in the far corner. It's coming from a trapdoor in the ceiling, and a single flimsly ladder leads the way up. As you rise to your feet, you hear a shuffle in the darkness to your left. "Quiet down there, Jebby. I'm tryana sleep. Doughn maykeh m' killyerrrrrr..." The voice dies away, and only the sound of water and pipes remains.

Welcome to Suburbia, District 6, St. Nepenthe's Hydroelectric Dam.
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 03, 2018, 09:39:13 am »

Climb the ladder and find the where the light is coming from, also try to remember why I'm in this location.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 03, 2018, 05:47:09 pm »

Answer the door. Greet whoever it is.
Insert witty signature here

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 04, 2018, 12:44:48 pm »

Focus on the tower (respawn)
Fall to a tedious task.
« Last Edit: February 06, 2018, 01:35:28 pm by wertyzerty »

Pavellius

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 04, 2018, 01:03:52 pm »

nevermind
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 10:51:03 pm by Pavellius »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #40 on: February 05, 2018, 08:26:10 pm »

Masked stranger: "Simply unacceptable. He's worth at least five times that"

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 05, 2018, 08:45:25 pm »

...can I just...cruise in his body? Let him do what he tries to do with his body, as if he's still in control? Or do I have to manually do what he's trying to do? Anyway, see if there's a way down to the box, and recall what happened in that building. Not the specifics though, perhaps a synopsis or summary or such
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 05, 2018, 09:07:21 pm »

Focusing on the tower just means you'll look at it more, and that your spawn location will be randomized.
Money!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 05, 2018, 09:35:48 pm »

The wail of an organ and a whispered prayer.

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 06, 2018, 01:35:58 pm »

Focusing on the tower just means you'll look at it more, and that your spawn location will be randomized.
Didn't realise let me just fix my action.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4