Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Life's No Object - An Urban RPG with a Twist  (Read 3395 times)

Tomasque

• Bay Watcher
  • Gonna one-up FoU - with an FG in my personal text!
    • View Profile
Re: Life's No Object - An Urban RPG with a Twist
« Reply #45 on: February 10, 2018, 01:45:33 am »

...can I just...cruise in his body? Let him do what he tries to do with his body, as if he's still in control? Or do I have to manually do what he's trying to do?
You can choose to give up control of a person temporarily, and you can specify when you'll try to take over again (which would require a roll). They'll know what they did under your control, but they won't know why they did it.

OceanSoul:
 [8] Hidden away to the right - just before the dam begins - you think you see a steep flight of stairs running down the side of the hill. Unfortunately, the hill is more of a glorified cliff-side, and some architectural oversight has left the 4-foot wide staircase without a railing.

[3] You plumb through Arthur's memories about this dam. Lucky for you, it's a lot easier if you aren't afraid of what you'll find. And yet, it still eludes you. Hold on, maybe you'll find it if you search a little deeper. It has to be in here somewhere...
 Arthur Melone decided that he'd get to the bottom of this. The dam, that is. He wasn't going anywhere near that building. With a start, he turned and raced down the steps in a perilous flight. The pounding of the waterfall got louder and louder as he descended.
---
Kilojoule Proton:
 [9] The foreigner grits her teeth in contempt. "Fine," she spits, "if you want to play hardball." You can feel the tension as you wait for her to make a move. Then, very slowly, she slides over a ratty suitcase in your direction. "Take the ten thousand." She pulls a handgun on the professor and motions him to stand up. When he does, she grabs him and turns to you. "I'm leaving, now," she says, very deliberately. With careful steps, she begins to back away, her gun wavering between you and the professor.
---
GigaGiant:
 You open the door and see a young man, somewhere in his twenties. "Hi," he says, "I'm here about the termites. Let me get the stuff from my car and we'll begin." He gives you a nod, and - with jaunty stride - walks over to his pickup truck.

Needless to say, that man is not your son.
---
Shadowclaw777:
 Marissa Devine slowed to down as the organ swelled once more. Another prayer escaped her lips, but she pushed on to the end of the aisle. There, past the rotting pews - in that dusty alcove, under the towering organ - was the man to whom she had to deliver the news: Leomund, the Organist. She considered the possibility that he had not heard her. Perhaps she could dispose of the problem right here. Then, the chords breathed their final breath, and the church was frozen with silence.

"And what news do you bring me," he asks without turning around. "And don't give me the wrong answer."

Welcome to the Slums, just a portion of the Grand Ol' Urbs.
---
wertyzerty:
 David Mulener was dreading this all along. He had pushed it to the back of his mind as he restocked the mystic charms, aligned the magic birthstones, and cleared out that fortune-teller machine in the corner. Now, it was still hours before his shift was over, and he could put it off no longer. He dragged himself over to the storage room and laid out the manuscripts on the floor. He knew he wasn't supposed to treat them like that, but this would be no easy task. With a heavy heart, he began to sort them in alphabetical order.

What an interesting collection. These scrolls show some promise. Perhaps you could spend your first hundred years of immortality expanding your knowledge of magic scripts? The door chimes interrupt your task before you can even begin it. "Hellooooo," you hear a voice call, "are you guys closed?"

Welcome to the Grand Ol' Urbs.
---
King Zultan:
 You get to the ladder without anymore interruptions. It looks to go up about twenty feet. You begin to climb. As you go higher and higher, the sound of rushing water gets louder. At the top, the light and the noise overwhelm you. When your senses adjust, you see that both come from a window carved out high on the concrete wall, and from a nearby doorway. The sunlight illuminates a room with various pipes, switches, and breaker boxes. It's hard to tell what it's all for. You turn your mind instead to what lead to your current situation.

[7] You remember a few things. Jeb had lived this kind of life for a while. For years, he'd moved sporadically sometimes sleeping in parks, sometimes in alleys. He had friends - Karl, Jonah, Doc - but it was a lonely life. Recently, Karl showed him this place, and he's been sleeping here ever since.
The quantum cannonball hits you in the face and misses!
Money!
GENERATION grisha5: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

King Zultan

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: February 10, 2018, 03:27:45 am »

Examine the room I am currently in and see if any thing in here that is of use to me.
The Lawyer opens a briefcase. It's full of lemons, the justice fruit only lawyers may touch.
Make sure not to step on any errant blood stains before we find our LIFE EXTINGUSHER.
but anyway, if you'll excuse me, I need to commit sebbaku.
Quote from: Leodanny
Can I have the sword when you’re done?

GigaGiant

• Bay Watcher
  • Peering down at you
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: February 10, 2018, 07:54:17 pm »

Walk outside and tell the young man that there are other exterminators here. Describe them and ask if he knows them. If not, tell him that I'm afraid that they are scam artists and ask him to call the police.
Insert witty signature here

wertyzerty

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 11, 2018, 06:03:14 pm »

Open the door and nicely reply that we're closed, except if you have knowledge of magical scripts and scrolls.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2018, 11:21:33 am by wertyzerty »

Kilojoule Proton

• Bay Watcher
  • µ
    • View Profile
    • YG toolbox
« Reply #49 on: February 11, 2018, 06:26:21 pm »

Look around the room for clues on where this room may be and open the suitcase. Maybe it'll be kind enough not to be a bomb?

b28b 84f2 b6e5 6f86 b10b c99b 8d9a 8530 54dc 2c8c d3b2 0e8e 36d4 9949 d87e d12b

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: February 12, 2018, 03:05:01 pm »

”I bring news that fellow people are looking for you, well the people who are looking for you are of the blue-wearing law abiders, it seems that people just want you dead, it seems”

Engage in a discussion trying to prod more information of the slums, and if their is a common marketplace, or even if their is a black market

Blood_Librarian

• Bay Watcher
  • What is happening?
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 14, 2018, 10:00:51 am »

Posting to watch in interest.
if you want something wacky
Quote from: ChiefWaffles, MAR Discord
I continue to be puzzled by BL's attempts to make Aratam blatantly evil
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]