Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Oab's Workshop Steam Version  (Read 46072 times)

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oab's 32x32 Dwarf Tile set now with creatures and animals.
« Reply #15 on: February 06, 2018, 03:01:46 pm »

Oab, are you okay with your graphics pack being included in Lazy Newb Packs?

Oab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: February 06, 2018, 06:36:12 pm »

Oab, are you okay with your graphics pack being included in Lazy Newb Packs?

Yeah, absolutely!

Oab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2018, 07:51:57 pm »

Update: New Dwarf sprites!

Spoiler: Dwarf (click to show/hide)

I overhauled the dwarf design. Almost every sprite in the set is brand new.

- Changed the perspective. This allows for more details especially in the face.

-Changed color palette. Used the colors from the raws for hair, skin and eyes.

jecowa

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2018, 11:57:32 pm »

I like the larger eyes and that the new weapon colors contrast better against their armor in the new dwarves. I kind of miss the more simple style of the previous version, but the new style matches with the goblins a little better. The old dwarves looked sharper and more detailed. I like the new colors, though; the beards contrast better against their clothes in the new version.

Oab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Oab's 32x32 Tile sets
« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2018, 10:46:24 am »

Update:
-Added Elves
-Major edits to several creatures and animals.

Spoiler: Elves (click to show/hide)

ThoMeuhGal

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 18, 2018, 03:10:53 am »

I love those little guys!
Especially the dwarves. Would be very happy to have those sprites as an option in Meph's tileset.

Good job man!

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2018, 09:36:52 am »

Hey Oab, are you still working on this? :)
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Oab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 25, 2018, 07:47:44 am »

@ Meph: Not really, now that my slow season of work is over I've only had time to do a few new creature sprites and some edits over the last month.

@ ThoMeuhGal: Glad you like it!

Garfink

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 08, 2018, 09:57:13 am »

Excuse the newb question, but how do I actually install this tileset? I am using the lazy newb pack (latest one) at the moment.

Thanks a ton.

hemmingjay

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 14, 2018, 01:16:08 pm »

Oab,
I don't actually write on the forums much these days but I stumbled upon your tileset and had to come make a plea.

PLEASE keep working on this. This is reminiscent of the classic Mayday tileset that helped so many ease into DF. There is really something special here and you are sure to have a lasting impact on the next generation of DF's consumed(vs consumers).

I am truly pleased to see the LNP is including your work. Between that and interest from our patron saint, Meph, you have been tapped as the newest member of the SOB(Society of Builders). May your image adorn many goblets and hatches.

NOTE: Have you considered merging with another pack, at least a branching project? I think your work might really combine naturally with Dragonmaster's rock/ore colors. This could help both of you move forward at a faster pace while not sacrificing your own direction. Just an idea!
« Last Edit: April 14, 2018, 01:40:11 pm by hemmingjay »
Only a simple mind can be certain.

Oab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 14, 2018, 04:23:03 pm »

Thanks! I really appreciate it.

I am still chipping away at this when I have time, but don't expect frequent releases like in the winter months. This time of year gets very busy for me.

I started working on the human tile sheet (Heads) and I have some creatures done, but I don't have a full sheet ready for release yet. I also re-did some of the domestic animals I wasn't happy with, which I will release when I have another sheet ready.

No, I haven't considered working with anyone else. It definitely would be nice to see a 32x32 tile set with a more colorful palette that my sprites work better with.

Llamageddon

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 15, 2018, 11:31:12 am »

I know it is kind of impractical but it really bugs me that dwarves are as tall as elves. I wonder if there is any way to give the impression this isn't the case without sacrificing pixel usage. Sorry for the criticism, it isn't really criticism, just an observation on aesthetics and not very sensible anyway. ;) I like the cartoony look of the races. Using different big nose types for different dwarfs looks really good.
« Last Edit: April 15, 2018, 12:05:04 pm by Llamageddon »

Meph

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • worldbicyclist
« Reply #27 on: April 15, 2018, 05:31:26 pm »

I know it is kind of impractical but it really bugs me that dwarves are as tall as elves. I wonder if there is any way to give the impression this isn't the case without sacrificing pixel usage. Sorry for the criticism, it isn't really criticism, just an observation on aesthetics and not very sensible anyway. ;) I like the cartoony look of the races. Using different big nose types for different dwarfs looks really good.
That's not really possible without wasting pixels, especially with sprites that have big heads/facial features.
::: ☼Meph Tileset☼☼Map Tileset☼- 32x graphic sets with TWBT :::
::: ☼MASTERWORK DF☼ - A comprehensive mod pack now on Patreon - 250.000+ downloads and counting :::
::: WorldBicyclist.com - Follow my bike tours around the world - 148 countries visited :::

Oab

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 16, 2018, 06:22:26 am »

@ Llamageddon

Don't worry about it I want feedback. This bugged me as well.

When I was making the elf set I tweaked some of the dwarf sprites in various ways to make them appear shorter. The end result didn't fix the proportions enough to merit editing all of them.

The only way that would actually improve proportions enough would be to shrink the dwarf heads. As Meph said this would waste valuable pixels, and force me to remove facial features. So it wouldn't be worth it.

monkeyfritz

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: April 19, 2018, 09:01:04 pm »

No, I haven't considered working with anyone else. It definitely would be nice to see a 32x32 tile set with a more colorful palette that my sprites work better with.

Well, it so happens I'm recomending your set to people for my Stained Glass set, because i think the color palets work well together.
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=170157.0

They are very different styles, so it's not a perfect match. But your color palette and use of big solid-color panels makes them work fairly well with the stained glass aesthetic. Imo.

Would you be okay with me offering a package with your creatures in the future? Full credit of course, just want to make it easier for people to set up.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2018, 09:05:18 pm by monkeyfritz »
Dabbling Tilesetter produced a masterwork Ж ƦūɳϵsϵŦ Ж

Dabbling Tilesetter enters a strange mood.
Dabbling Tilesetter hastily scribbles pictures of Stained Glass
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4