Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

Things you wish you could do in DF and probably can

(1/3) > >>

Romeofalling:
I frequently find myself thinking, "Man, I wish I could....you know, there probably IS a command for that."

Do you?

Here's a few things I wish I could do that there's probably a command for:

* * find out why one of my dorfs is crying
* search through the trade agreement menus for string matches (I would prefer all my leather to be cat leather, but cycling through those lists is cumbersome!)
* set my masons to make statues about the history of an entire category of entities (ie, dwarven gods, or minotaurs, etc). Greedy, I know, since we just got the feature recently
* an OSX equivalent to Legends Viewer.
* drag-select an area to designate for dumping. (in df-hack)
What are yours?

Does some kind veteran want to point us newbies* the right way?

* I may have first started playing this game in 2011, but I have yet to make enough iron gear to outfit a squad, so I think I still count as a newb.

Pirate Santa:
I can help with the dumping.

Hit d-b-d and then mark out a rectangle, everything inside is now marked for dumping.
In the same d-b menu you will also find mass forbidding, reclaiming and melting. All very useful to have.
Can't say if they're DfHack or not, since I don't play without it.

Shonai_Dweller:

--- Quote from: Pirate Santa on January 20, 2018, 01:50:50 am ---I can help with the dumping.

Hit d-b-d and then mark out a rectangle, everything inside is now marked for dumping.
In the same d-b menu you will also find mass forbidding, reclaiming and melting. All very useful to have.
Can't say if they're DfHack or not, since I don't play without it.

--- End quote ---
d-b-d is vanilla. Dragging it with a mouse is probably dfhack (not sure, don't use a mouse except to zoom).

Romeofalling:
Mouse cursor is definitely df-hack.

cyrohound:
Figure out which setting in advanced world gen is capable of causing 20-30 volcanoes to spawn in a large world. I'm sure it's perfectly possible, I just don't actually know how to do it.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version