Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 74951 times)

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty
« Reply #15 on: January 20, 2018, 07:12:04 pm »

Sheet is statted and ready!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #16 on: January 20, 2018, 10:42:46 pm »

Make it so that you have to get hit by it once before to counter it and we're good. Level 4

Ok we seem to have...a good number of people ready so in waiting for anyone finishing up I'm gonna start.

All of you are drawn into the War Room by a computerized announcement. The voice is that of the Station's Computer, Golden Eagle, its cultured Spanish accent announcing your names one at a time and calling you in.  The War Room is circular, with a giant metal table in the center, dozens chairs around it, and a holographic projection of the planet hovering a few feet off the table top. Standing in front of the globe, also in holographic form, is El Ultimo, the head of the League.  Even in holographic form he's an intimidating form, his mask of gold gleaming as though always lit by sunlight.

"Ah, good, you've arrived." He says as everyone walks in and takes their seats around the table. "You are our league's most Junior members, fresh recruits, the next generation of guardians who will stand between the honest man and the forces which seek to oppress him.  And as of now, its time for you to show us and the rest of the world what you are capable of."

The globe spins and zooms in on Japan.

"A mad man named Malo-Roboto has hijacked a bullet train in Japan and taken its entire crew and all passengers hostage. We have no idea what his intentions are, but they are no doubt nefarious in nature.  Such an affront to common decency cannot be allowed to stand! Your first match, the first trial of your skills, will be to take that train back an ensure the survival of its crew and passengers. Bring Malo-Roboto to justice; deliver him to the super cells of the Hand of Fate!

Golden Eagle has a shuttle ready for you. It will take you down and drop you on the train. Use the communicators in your masks to stay in touch with us and with each other. Teamwork is paramount! Now Go my young chums, and teach this heel what it means to feel the full force of the fist of Justice!"

As he says this, he thrusts one fist forward and gives everyone a dazzling smile. Then his image fades away, leaving only the map.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: On a Bullet Train to Slam Town.
« Reply #17 on: January 20, 2018, 10:52:07 pm »

((El Ultimo is big bad, calling it now.))

Stand by for drop!
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 20, 2018, 10:55:29 pm »

((Well of course.))

"It shall be done. For liberty!"

Ready to deploy!
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 20, 2018, 10:59:45 pm »

Be ready for deployment

"He shall be defeated, my superior"

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 20, 2018, 11:15:10 pm »

Be deployed for readyment.

"I can't wait to make him t..no. I should save my wordplay for when the heel can hear me. Otherwise, it wouldn't be suitable pun-ishment, would it?". Reynard gives a loose grin, mask at the ready.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 21, 2018, 12:09:13 am »

Alright, so Hero has gimmick 2 and signature 4, leaving him with 9 points to put into stats (do we add points based on the level of our weakness as well? If so, I'd have 12 points?). Please check the wording of my signature, to make sure i didn't mess it up when I edited it.

"Boy, Ultimo sure is great, isn't he, guys? He's like, the best!"

Let's go save the innocent from the forces that seek to oppress them!

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 21, 2018, 12:29:58 am »

Alright, so Hero has gimmick 2 and signature 4, leaving him with 9 points to put into stats (do we add points based on the level of our weakness as well? If so, I'd have 12 points?). Please check the wording of my signature, to make sure i didn't mess it up when I edited it.

Yes, Ozarck, you get two extra points for the weakness. I'd recommend putting at least one of them in Speed.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #23 on: January 21, 2018, 01:56:06 am »

Looks right. And yes, you add points from weakness to the point pool, so a weakness of 3 would give you 3 more points to use

The shuttles are fancy looking things. They're all bright chrome with  swept back, curved features. They're roughly boomerang shaped, basically one huge pair of wings with a fat section in the middle and four vaguely jet engine looking things studded along either wing. The rear hatch opens like a clam shell and reveals an interior that is basically nothing but a series of red fabric chairs in tight packed rows with the cockpit in front.  The cockpit is empty for the moment, but all of the screens in it are displaying the icon of Golden Eagle. Everyone walks into the shuttle and straps themselves in. No sooner are they secured than the rear hatch slides shut with a hiss and the shuttle lifts off with a thrumming roar.  Golden Eagle announces when the ship slips into the atmosphere and then again when it reaches Japanese airspace. The final announcement comes just moments before the rear hatch opens and the shuttle interior fills with whipping wind and the roar of air.

"Destination reached. Please disembark."

The team looks out the back and finds themselves maybe 10 feet above the rear car of the bullet train, the shuttle keeping pace with it so perfectly that it appears to be holding still while  the countryside around it blurs past as an eye searing grass green haze.   

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • technical difficulties
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 21, 2018, 02:31:21 am »

"Alright! It's go time, people!"

Drop down onto the train!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 04:21:36 am by Egan_BW »
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 21, 2018, 03:25:13 am »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

"I don't have time for egregious extemporizing, I have a target to catch"

Cannonball from the shuttle with all my force with both power and gravity so that I can create a hole within the top layer of the bullet train so that I consequently crash onto the floor level of the rear car

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 21, 2018, 11:05:02 am »

"Tra la laaaaa!"

Drop in!

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 21, 2018, 12:01:56 pm »

"Standard Luchador Battlecry!"

Wait for the others to disembark, then stand dramatically in the clamshell for a moment before doing a gentle somersault onto the train. Typical 'superhero landing:' knees bent and legs spread, crouched low with one hand on the train for balance and the other hand thrust out to the side.

"So. Who wants to do the traintop tag battle scene with me?"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #28 on: January 21, 2018, 04:13:49 pm »

"Alright! It's go time, people!"

Drop down onto the train!

[5]
You drop straight down onto the train, landing in a fleshy puddle and then reforming like a wax statue melting in reverse.

"Tra la laaaaa!"

Drop in!

[2][4]
You leap from the shuttle but either you misjudged the leap or caught a gust because you sail straight straight past the end of the train. You make a scrambling grab at the rear of the train and manage to catch hold, sinking your fingers into the metal. Your legs drag against the tracks [5] but are unharmed.

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

"I don't have time for egregious extemporizing, I have a target to catch"

Cannonball from the shuttle with all my force with both power and gravity so that I can create a hole within the top layer of the bullet train so that I consequently crash onto the floor level of the rear car
[5]
You walk to the edge of the shuttle opening and brace yourself a moment before hurling yourself straight down into the roof of the train. You hit feet first and the roof buckles, metal screeching as it fails and you punch straight trough. You land on the floor in the rear driver's compartment, feet sinking a few inches into the steel and causing the whole compartment to shake violently.  The rear control room is a duplicate of the one at the front of the train, shaped almost like airplane cockpit with a curved control panel and large curved window above it.  Its small enough that you have to hunch your head and shoulders to fit.

There in the control room with you is a robot; its about 5 feet tall with a cylindrical body and flush cylindrical head atop it. It has two bulging black glass camera eyes and a roughly humanoid shape with two legs and two arms. Its limbs are flexible metal tubes that end in circular clamp hands and flat blocky feet. The moment it sees you, it lunges at you, clamps reaching for your head. [2]

One clamp catches you by the throat and the other grabs your head right at the temples and starts to squeeze [-30 HP]   

10 Acclaim!

"Standard Luchador Battlecry!"

Wait for the others to disembark, then stand dramatically in the clamshell for a moment before doing a gentle somersault onto the train. Typical 'superhero landing:' knees bent and legs spread, crouched low with one hand on the train for balance and the other hand thrust out to the side.

"So. Who wants to do the traintop tag battle scene with me?"

[11] You leap from the shuttle and land in a stereotypical hero pose. Hurts your knees more than you expected but you play it off and rise with a flourish.

2 Acclaim!

The shuttle continues to hover above the train, waiting for ANYONE ELSE WHO WANTS TO JUMP OUT to do so. However, Golden Eagle announces to them and everyone else that the train is approaching the Transpacific tunnel and that the shuttle won't be able to keep with it for long.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 21, 2018, 04:56:27 pm »

Flip up and into the interior of the train!

Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 45