Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 75107 times)

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Doomblade's Infinite Misfortune
« Reply #150 on: February 27, 2018, 12:14:01 pm »

Spoiler: El Escuchador (click to show/hide)

I noticed that it says in the Gimmick blurb that its something unique about the WEARERS biology but further on it says if they lose the mask they lose the gimmick since the mask gives them the gimmick. What is the Truth?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #151 on: February 28, 2018, 09:13:32 am »

I noticed that it says in the Gimmick blurb that its something unique about the WEARERS biology but further on it says if they lose the mask they lose the gimmick since the mask gives them the gimmick. What is the Truth?
Gimmick is something unique about the wearer's biology when they're wearing the mask.

Gimmick: 2
Weakness: 1
Signature: 2
« Last Edit: February 28, 2018, 09:16:45 am by piecewise »

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #152 on: February 28, 2018, 11:34:01 am »

Alrighty then. Can I be inserted in the current mission or am I waitlisted?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #153 on: February 28, 2018, 02:24:36 pm »

I made a character, too. Is it good? I tried making both the Weakness and Signature level 5.

Theme Aspects

Name: Golden Star
Description: A black mask with a big and very bright golden star covering the frontal part of it. It comes with a black martial arts Gi with a golden belt. The suit also includes a golden cape with a star pattern that is always waving in the wind, even indoors.
Gimmick: Famous: The iconic suit is exactly the same as the one used by the superhero protagonist in the global hit movie "Star of Justice". This does absolutely nothing remarkable, but maybe it will attract more fans and extra acclaim from the masses when doing heroic, noncombat actions like: doing heroic poses, heroic entrances/escapes, helping a cat stuck in a tree, heroic smiling at the camera, heroic boasting to the enemy, etc.
Weakness: Fight?: Wait, you mean REAL fighting? Golden Star doesn't know how to perform any type of attack but basic punches, and these are even weaker than those of a normal human. He's incredibly weak in strenght and terribly unskilled in combat, with a high tendency to self-injury.
Signature: Punch of Justice!: Golden Star calls upon the power of every single fan around the universe and uses all of their strenght for a single, ultimate attack. He punches the enemy with the strenght of a thousand suns, completely obliterating everything in it's path. The attack deals massive damage to anything it connects with and destroys anything it collides with. It takes some time to wind up, leaves the user exhausted and it's destructive potential doesn't discern between ally or enemy.

Physical Stats.

Name: Bruce Norris

Description: Sligthy muscular man with a blond Afro and a mustache.

Power:
Speed:
Intelligence:
Technique:
Teamwork:
Body:
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #154 on: February 28, 2018, 07:53:15 pm »

I made a character, too. Is it good? I tried making both the Weakness and Signature level 5.

Theme Aspects

Name: Golden Star
Description: A black mask with a big and very bright golden star covering the frontal part of it. It comes with a black martial arts Gi with a golden belt. The suit also includes a golden cape with a star pattern that is always waving in the wind, even indoors.
Gimmick: Famous: The iconic suit is exactly the same as the one used by the superhero protagonist in the global hit movie "Star of Justice". This does absolutely nothing remarkable, but maybe it will attract more fans and extra acclaim from the masses when doing heroic, noncombat actions like: doing heroic poses, heroic entrances/escapes, helping a cat stuck in a tree, heroic smiling at the camera, heroic boasting to the enemy, etc.
Weakness: Fight?: Wait, you mean REAL fighting? Golden Star doesn't know how to perform any type of attack but basic punches, and these are even weaker than those of a normal human. He's incredibly weak in strenght and terribly unskilled in combat, with a high tendency to self-injury.
Signature: Punch of Justice!: Golden Star calls upon the power of every single fan around the universe and uses all of their strenght for a single, ultimate attack. He punches the enemy with the strenght of a thousand suns, completely obliterating everything in it's path. The attack deals massive damage to anything it connects with and destroys anything it collides with. It takes some time to wind up, leaves the user exhausted and it's destructive potential doesn't discern between ally or enemy.

Physical Stats.

Name: Bruce Norris

Description: Sligthy muscular man with a blond Afro and a mustache.

Power:
Speed:
Intelligence:
Technique:
Teamwork:
Body:
Gimmick 2
Weakness: 5
Signature: 5

Would you two newbies like to post an action? Maybe a nice dramatic entrance?

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #155 on: February 28, 2018, 09:04:15 pm »

Yeah, do that. Heroic entrance! Probably dropping from the sky and crashing through a window or something. Do an intimidating (and heroic) pose along El Escuchador.
Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: March 01, 2018, 03:12:47 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #156 on: March 01, 2018, 09:13:52 am »

Dash onto the scene! I can't talk, but I can pose menacingly.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #157 on: March 01, 2018, 11:55:02 pm »

"Wall Slam!"

Leap up against the wall and use it as a launch pad to dive tackle the bot into the other wall.

((I was about to have Hero call out an attack, then use a different attack completely, but I don't think he thinks like that, typically.))

[4]
You free yourself from the floor and the walls and then do a double footed leap off the wall, twirling into a flying tackle at the final robot. You don't hit quiet square and instead catch the bot by one shoulder. It staggers, mechanical flesh compacting like a tin can while you peel off and land in an awkward crouch  a few feet away.
[100 bot HP]

2 Acclaim!

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

"It seems like my Strike missed last time, fortune won’t happen next time mechanical foe”

Run to the boxing robot, grab him, and than head smash it with my head into little pieces
[2]
You run over to the staggered bot and sweep both arms in for a big bear hug. But somehow, either due to your overzealous haste or the robot's unpredictable wavering, you miss it entirely and are left hugging empty air. Its prom night all over again.

((I've just been busy, Piecewise. I love the game.))

Recover, sacrifice to RNGesus.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
You lay on the roof, little cartoon ghosts spinning around your head.

Dash onto the scene! I can't talk, but I can pose menacingly.

Yeah, do that. Heroic entrance! Probably dropping from the sky and crashing through a window or something. Do an intimidating (and heroic) pose along El Escuchador.
[3][4]
El Escuchador, the silent savior, carefully opens the door to the train car and dashes in. He finds a good spot, moves some debris, carefully checks the lighting in the train car, and then poses dramatically. A moment later Golden Star comes hurtling through the window as though fired from a cannon. He rolls to a stop against the far wall and lies there for a long moment before suddenly leaping to his feet. He pulls out a smoke machine and several small confetti cannons and sets them up before he poses next to El Escuchador, mirroring his form.  El Escuchador looks at the broken window for a moment, face screwed up in concentration as though trying to figure out how Golden Star could possibly come smashing through a window when they're in a tunnel. After a moment he shakes his head, shrugs, and returns to posing.

The confetti cannons go off with a POP and mostly just slam a wad of metallic rainbow confetti into the ceiling while the smoke machine hisses away, forming a sad little cloud.

[1]
The robot boxer recovers from the tackle and takes the opprotunity to drive a corkscrew blow straight into Tachanka's chest. [-200 HP]  Tachanka flies back and lands straight in the middle of the two new comers,  smashing the smoke machine and knocking everyone flat on their backs.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #158 on: March 02, 2018, 07:55:01 am »

"Fear not civilians, because Golden Star is here to save the day! No machine is match to my punches! Robot, prepare to meet your creator! Because I, Golden Star, will smash you into scrap metal! Or I would, if you weren't already useless scrap!
Start boasting and taunting the robot, attemp to distract it while carefully examining his attacks and trying to find a weak point or a way to disable it.
« Last Edit: March 02, 2018, 12:33:28 pm by randomgenericusername »

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #159 on: March 02, 2018, 11:59:19 am »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

"You'll Won't get again this time boxer, I make sure you get knocked out of the ring this time!”

While charging to the boxer robot, have a arm aimed at the robots chest, and with my speed and the force of my punch, have the muscular-enhanced jab go straight through the robot's chest

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Heroic Misadventures
« Reply #160 on: March 03, 2018, 06:36:26 pm »

HAP's initial delight at the sight of the smoke machine and hte confetti cannon, and his appreciation for the dramatic entrance and battle poses of the newcomers turns to frustration and indignation when the effect is spoiled by the sudden interruption of large quantities of meat transprted at speed into their midst.

"You ruined the effect!" He shouts at the boxer bot, or at Tachanka, or ...who knows.

"That was a really cool entrance you guys! I love confetti!"

Hap assists Tachanka's punch by launching him toward the robot, tag team style.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #161 on: March 04, 2018, 11:49:44 am »

3/5 posted.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #162 on: March 04, 2018, 12:29:54 pm »

3/4 right? doomclaw's guy is unconscious?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #163 on: March 04, 2018, 01:24:15 pm »

3/4 right? doomclaw's guy is unconscious?
Yeah

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #164 on: March 05, 2018, 07:18:04 pm »

Don't make me find you, sam

Pages: 1 ... 9 10 [11] 12 13 ... 45