Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 74860 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Doomblade's Infinite Misfortune
« Reply #225 on: April 10, 2018, 02:53:07 pm »

"Our opponent is revealed. Let us shatter him with a victorious note!"

Team attack while singing a climactic dirge!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Time for Tea
« Reply #226 on: April 10, 2018, 03:19:16 pm »

Spoiler: El Escuchador (click to show/hide)

Express my distaste for this villain with a menacing pose and then perform the 'Alpha Strike - Ultra Wallop Sleight of Hand Switcheroo Pummeling', or some fancy attack like that with Threnody and maybe HAP if he wants in.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #227 on: April 10, 2018, 05:22:24 pm »

Continue resting and recovering my health.
Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #228 on: April 11, 2018, 06:54:53 am »

"While it is certainly possible that sapience is not the sole property of the human species, and it is clear that sentience is a trait shared by many beings on this planet, the issue of the legal status of machines, especially of intelligent machines, is best resolved through discourse, discussion, and the public will, rather than through violence and the imposition of one will upon the many. Additionally, numerous flaws can be seen in your argument from the start, Mr Robobbo! For one thing, the term machine itself is far too broad for your assertions, as even simple things like screws, pulleys and inclined planes are considered machines, and the human body itself is often described as a complex machine in itself. Additionally, I question your sincerity. Are you truly a mechanical intelligence, or are you a human intelligence, heavily modified to appear robotic? If the latter, then your entire premise is flawed, as you will not be freeing machines from human tyranny. Instead, you wil simply be substituting your own human will for that of the will of the many, in clear violation of most ethical systems known.

But never mind all that. More importantly, what have you done with the snack car, you monster?!"

HAP begins to move toward Malo, until he spots something interesting:

"Toys!"

HAP dodges Malo and rushes to grab the wind up robots at the window, to 'play' with them, in true Luchador Fashion: by banging them together and making explosion noises with his mouth.

Spoiler: train cars so far (click to show/hide)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #229 on: April 14, 2018, 04:06:23 pm »

"Our opponent is revealed. Let us shatter him with a victorious note!"

Team attack while singing a climactic dirge!

((For some reason I'm imagining you singing Pruit Igoe from Philip Glass despite the fact that it really isn't the sort of thing that can be sung. ))

Express my distaste for this villain with a menacing pose and then perform the 'Alpha Strike - Ultra Wallop Sleight of Hand Switcheroo Pummeling', or some fancy attack like that with Threnody and maybe HAP if he wants in.
[4]
You do a pose. Its not a great pose, some sort of thing halfway between classic golden age luchador posing and something out of saturday night fever but it gets the point across. From there you launch straight into the Alpha Strike Ultra Wallop Slight of Hand Switcheroo Pummeling,  Deluxe combo edition with a free soda.

[5][6]
You go through a variety of poses as Threnody puts on a sparkly showgirl's dress. You produce handful of cards and shuffle them in a very showoffy fashion, sending streams of cards between your hands, over your head, around your back and so forth. After a few cycles of this you slam your hands together and the deck vanishes, replaced by only a single card. You spin it between your fingers as Threnody prances about behind you, doing jazzhands.

"And your card is...." You shout, as Threnody whips out a drum and plays a drumroll," The ace of fists!"

You toss the card towards Roboto Malo and then punch it straight into his face. Threnody follows up by smashing the drum onto his head and then pouring a can of mountain dew on him.

[800 damage] [6 acclaim each]

Continue resting and recovering my health.
Not getting any more back. Not until you do something more to deserve it.

"While it is certainly possible that sapience is not the sole property of the human species, and it is clear that sentience is a trait shared by many beings on this planet, the issue of the legal status of machines, especially of intelligent machines, is best resolved through discourse, discussion, and the public will, rather than through violence and the imposition of one will upon the many. Additionally, numerous flaws can be seen in your argument from the start, Mr Robobbo! For one thing, the term machine itself is far too broad for your assertions, as even simple things like screws, pulleys and inclined planes are considered machines, and the human body itself is often described as a complex machine in itself. Additionally, I question your sincerity. Are you truly a mechanical intelligence, or are you a human intelligence, heavily modified to appear robotic? If the latter, then your entire premise is flawed, as you will not be freeing machines from human tyranny. Instead, you wil simply be substituting your own human will for that of the will of the many, in clear violation of most ethical systems known.

But never mind all that. More importantly, what have you done with the snack car, you monster?!"

HAP begins to move toward Malo, until he spots something interesting:

"Toys!"

HAP dodges Malo and rushes to grab the wind up robots at the window, to 'play' with them, in true Luchador Fashion: by banging them together and making explosion noises with his mouth.

[3]
You complete your speech and promptly race forward to grab the toys. Roboto Malo, pulling a snare drum off his face, grabs you by the head and tosses you back over to your companions.

"THOSE ARE MINE!" He screams in obvious, mountain Dewy rage before charging you.
[5][1][5]
He leaps and swings a head chopping kick across the compartment. Hero and Threnody duck. Escuchador does not. [200 damage] The blow sends him straight into the wall and embeds him there, upper half sticking into the tunnel while the lower half sticks out, arms pinned to his sides. His feet kick in a way best described as "Hilarious".

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #230 on: April 14, 2018, 04:35:52 pm »

Quickly run behind Malo Roboto, sit in the throne he left and try to "hack" it. There must be a button that activates turrets like in the other room or some controls for various hidden weapons...
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #231 on: April 14, 2018, 04:46:07 pm »

(((Lmao, everything I wanted in a team attack and more. Thoughh, technically threnody should be saying the whole "ace of fists!" thing since I'm a mute! Maybe I sign it to him?)))

Squeeze back inside the train and find something to throw. Stand clear of my teammates so it's hopefully harder for him to target us all at once! Ouuuuuuch owie.

If I get KOd but the rest of the team is still standing, is my mask destroyed straight away?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #232 on: April 14, 2018, 11:39:05 pm »

Next sunday, Join us for a nice movie night. Terrible things, Anime, animated movies, weird 80's films, cartoons, etc.
https://cytu.be/r/Unknown_signal

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #233 on: April 17, 2018, 05:44:31 pm »

OI!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #234 on: April 17, 2018, 05:48:19 pm »

"THRE-NO-DIEEEEEEEE!"

ACTIVATE SIGNATURE MOVE, DESTROY MALO ROBOTO.

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #235 on: April 18, 2018, 07:21:34 am »

"Those are yours? Those are yours? THIS TRAIN IS NOT YOURS! LUUUUUUUUUUUUCHA!!!!"

Once Threnody does his bit, (and if anything is left of Malo) do some fancy handspring leaps and double foot kick Malo right out the front of the train. If Malo tries to grab HAP, Hap will activate his special move as well, and counter-throw.

[/quote]

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #236 on: April 20, 2018, 02:00:54 pm »

Quickly run behind Malo Roboto, sit in the throne he left and try to "hack" it. There must be a button that activates turrets like in the other room or some controls for various hidden weapons...
[4]
You leap back to your feet, stagger a bit, and then take off at a dead sprint. You pass through the train cars in a flash and rejoin your crew in less than two seconds. Sadly, because you weren't around to see Malo's appearance or really know whats going on, you just sort of screech to a halt and wave awkwardly.

"Hey guys. So whats the situation here? Is he that...Macho Romba guy?"

(((Lmao, everything I wanted in a team attack and more. Thoughh, technically threnody should be saying the whole "ace of fists!" thing since I'm a mute! Maybe I sign it to him?)))

Squeeze back inside the train and find something to throw. Stand clear of my teammates so it's hopefully harder for him to target us all at once! Ouuuuuuch owie.

If I get KOd but the rest of the team is still standing, is my mask destroyed straight away?
(Yep. Be careful)

[8]

With a surge of strength you tear yourself free of the wall and hurl your bulk back into the train. A bit too hard, as it turns out; you fly straight across the compartment and end up embedded in the other wall, this time head pointed inward, wall at about your waist.

"This....is not exactly what I had in mind."

"THRE-NO-DIEEEEEEEE!"

ACTIVATE SIGNATURE MOVE, DESTROY MALO ROBOTO.

Threnody produces a silver microphone and matching stand out of nowhere and sets them up in front of him. He pops his collar, he does a spin into an open armed pose, grabs the mic and points at Malo Roboto.

"This one is going out, straight to you, baby."

He breathes in deep enough to strain the chest of his outfit, and then holds the mic to his lips and sings.

Roboto Malo lifts off his feet and after a moment hovering in place goes flying back, straight through the front of the train, taking much of the cockpit with him. The wind from the train's speed hits you a moment later and everyone is knocked back off their feet.

[No acclaim since it was a signature move, but good work!]

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #237 on: April 20, 2018, 02:55:46 pm »

"A satisfactory finale!"

Disable energy guns in back of train, wake up and help civvies recover.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #238 on: April 20, 2018, 05:28:30 pm »

"Good job, singing man! But next time you want to scream like that, warn me so I can cover my ears..."

Examine tech stuff in cabin, find a way to disable all the stuff Malo Roboto left on, like any robots or turrets we missed.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #239 on: April 20, 2018, 06:06:18 pm »

Pry myself out once more and uhhhh help with cleanup I guess! Break stuff that needs breaking, lift stuff that needs lifting!
Pages: 1 ... 14 15 [16] 17 18 ... 45