Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 74779 times)

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty
« Reply #30 on: January 21, 2018, 05:00:46 pm »

Spoiler: Sheet (click to show/hide)

"Puny robot, you don't understand the true power of... MUSCLES!"

Grab the clamp arms on the robot that are clenching my throat and temple, than with the power of my muscles smash his clamp arms into its cylindrical head

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: On a Bullet Train to Slam Town.
« Reply #31 on: January 21, 2018, 05:21:10 pm »

With the hole in the roof of the train now revealing the robot, I jump down, clench my hands together, and slam them down on the robot as I end my fall!
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 21, 2018, 07:15:19 pm »

"Not today, unnatural fiend!"

Use my supersmarts to locate the robot's off switch, feint an attack to expose that, and shut it down.

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
Insatiable consumption. Ceaseless motion. Unstoppable destruction.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 21, 2018, 08:29:05 pm »

In true tag team tradition, assist Threnody (Doomblade) up and into the train.

"So you're all just going to go inside, then? No thrilling traintop adventure? Just gonna turn off a robot and call it a day?

Did somebody say 'tunnel?'"

And with that realization, Hero, Jr. dives for the interior as well.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #34 on: January 21, 2018, 10:33:43 pm »

Flip up and into the interior of the train!

[4] You jerk your feet up and slam them back down, yanking yourself up at the same time to leap off the tracks and back onto the train. You don't hit the hole you're aiming for though, falling a bit short and landing a few feet behind it.

2 Acclaim!

"Puny robot, you don't understand the true power of... MUSCLES!"

Grab the clamp arms on the robot that are clenching my throat and temple, than with the power of my muscles smash his clamp arms into its cylindrical head
[6][11]
You catch the bot by the wrists and with a grunt rip its clamps away from you. You raise its still snapping clamps up and smash them down into its metal head. Metal crushes inward and its eyes burst in a spray of glass and sparks as you pound the robot's head straight down into its torso. It collapses in a gout of hydraulic fluid and internal components.

5 Acclaim! (Also I think you have the wrong amount of acclaim listed, it should be 10, not 20. Well, 15 now.

With the hole in the roof of the train now revealing the robot, I jump down, clench my hands together, and slam them down on the robot as I end my fall!
[NO SHEET!]

You leap out of the shuttle and completely miss the train. You hit the tracks and go bouncing for several hundred feet before the momentum runs out (300 Damage).

If you're still conscious after that, the shuttle will come pick you up momentarily.

REMEMBER YOUR SHEET!

"Not today, unnatural fiend!"

Use my supersmarts to locate the robot's off switch, feint an attack to expose that, and shut it down.

Your super smarts tell you that the robot has been deactivated in a most final manner.

In true tag team tradition, assist Threnody (Doomblade) up and into the train.

"So you're all just going to go inside, then? No thrilling traintop adventure? Just gonna turn off a robot and call it a day?

Did somebody say 'tunnel?'"

And with that realization, Hero, Jr. dives for the interior as well.

After making sure Threnody made it back onto the train ok, you leap down into the train interior, tactfully side stepping the spreading pool of machine fluids.

From the passenger compartment ahead you can hear the sound of high pitched screaming and something that sounds like a chain saw.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: January 21, 2018, 10:44:01 pm »

Charge forwards and smash the aggressor, whatever it is!

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: January 21, 2018, 10:50:27 pm »

(Whoops, I quickly glanced over it and thought it stated 20)

"My plan was going to arm smash the target from the roof of the bullet train, but we're going in a tunnel as of the moment. I'll wait once we past the tunnel, before we do any top of the train shenanigans

Now rip both of the clamp arms off the robots body, and see if they would be a effective battering weapon after it has demolished the robot

"Also I think chainsaws are considered slashing weapons, might want to be more careful with your entry"
« Last Edit: January 21, 2018, 10:54:35 pm by Shadowclaw777 »

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: January 21, 2018, 10:53:51 pm »

"Let our fire build into a crescendo of action!
Onwards!"

Bust through the roof of the passenger compartment!

[/quote]
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: January 21, 2018, 11:03:06 pm »

Huh, I didn't know it was a requirement. Thought people were doing it because the people prior to them did. Now that I reread the OP...how did I miss that rule?Well, my total health should be equal to my body times 150, so...exactly enough. Exactly enough to knock me out.  I...well, of course I want a second chance, but I shouldn't be asking for one.
...oh well.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: January 21, 2018, 11:17:02 pm »

"This looks like the pilot's compartment. Is this train going backward? But who's driving?

Screams! Innocents in danger!'"

Dash into the next compartment after my allies and look around for innocents being threatened. Dive between the threat and the innocent (even if the threat ends up being a teammate).

Huh, I didn't know it was a requirement. Thought people were doing it because the people prior to them did. Now that I reread the OP...how did I miss that rule?Well, my total health should be equal to my body times 150, so...exactly enough. Exactly enough to knock me out.  I...well, of course I want a second chance, but I shouldn't be asking for one.
...oh well.
oh boy. Now the enemy gets a power up as well. Don't worry too much Ocean, you are out of this fight, but you don't lose a level or anything, and you keep yor mask, so that's good, right?

Besides, we needed a comic sidekick to fall off the train at some point.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: January 21, 2018, 11:21:23 pm »

...oh well.
oh boy. Now the enemy gets a power up as well. Don't worry too much Ocean, you are out of this fight, but you don't lose a level or anything, and you keep yor mask, so that's good, right?

Power-up? Where does it say that?

I didn't have any levels to lose, and I was sure I'd keep the mask, since I did nothing with it. Losing it would've been far to cruel. I've lost the ability to gain experience or levels from this  Lastly, I don't want to be a sidekick in the slightest. But it's all my fault, anyway, for somehow not noticing that requirement on my first actual action.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: January 21, 2018, 11:56:48 pm »

"Also I think chainsaws are considered slashing weapons, might want to be more careful with your entry"

"Haha! And I suppose you react well to being sliced apart? Justice cannot wait for doubt!"

((The enemy does not power up from defeating one of us, because it's the ground that did the defeating here.))

Shadowclaw777

• Bay Watcher
  • Resident Wisenheimer
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: January 22, 2018, 12:57:07 am »

"Haha! And I suppose you react well to being sliced apart? Justice cannot wait for doubt!"

"The answer your looking for is yes, I do react well and only need appraisal from the audience to recover a missing arm here and there. Anyways, good luck and smash some skulls out there"

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #43 on: January 22, 2018, 09:30:45 am »

...oh well.
Don't worry, heroes don't die they just get knocked out until there's a safe - Or dramatic! - moment to come back. And I've changed the OP to make that rule extremely obvious for anyone in the future.

(Whoops, I quickly glanced over it and thought it stated 20)

"My plan was going to arm smash the target from the roof of the bullet train, but we're going in a tunnel as of the moment. I'll wait once we past the tunnel, before we do any top of the train shenanigans

Now rip both of the clamp arms off the robots body, and see if they would be a effective battering weapon after it has demolished the robot

[6]
You plant your feet on the robot's arms and yank upward, tearing off its hands and a section of arm with it. You think they might make ok weapons, but not great ones. (+50 damage, 4 uses)

"Let our fire build into a crescendo of action!
Onwards!"

Bust through the roof of the passenger compartment!

[3]
You walk over to the next car, crouch down and with some effort sink your fingers into the aluminum skin of the train. You brace yourself and yank up on the roof, pulling with all your might. The roof tears open a bit, maybe 6 inches or so, but not enough for you to get through.

"Just a -gasp- short interlude"

"This looks like the pilot's compartment. Is this train going backward? But who's driving?

Screams! Innocents in danger!'"

Dash into the next compartment after my allies and look around for innocents being threatened. Dive between the threat and the innocent (even if the threat ends up being a teammate).

...oh well.

((power ups only happen when an enemy defeats a player, not the environment. ))

You throw the door open and step into the next room. The passenger compartment here mirrors those of airplanes almost exactly; there are two rows of 3 chairs each on either side, with an isle up the center. There are about 60 chairs in this compartment and small round windows along the walls for each row. On the left, near the end of this compartment, 4 robots are standing around a tight cluster of people. It looks like they've herded everyone into one corner and forced them to stand there. The robots are identical in design to the one from before except for their hands: One hands chainsaw hands, another has drills, the third has what look like blowtorches or flame throwers and the fourth's arms just end in long metal spikes.  They notice you immediately and all four charge in.

[4] Apoptosis grabs the bot with the saw hands and throws it back into a section of empty seats, doing little damage but slowing it down (450/500 HP Saw bot)

3 Acclaim!

[5]
Hero dashes past the advancing bots, slipping through them with lithe grace, and then turns to face them after putting himself between them and the hostages.

5 Acclaim!

Drill Bot and Spike Bot turn to deal with Hero while Flame Bot continues towards Apoptosis.
[3][3]
The two bots work in perfect unison, stabbing at Hero like striking cobras, forcing him to dodge one way and then stabbing at where he's moving to.  He manages to dodge through or deflect many of the blows, but he is compelled to remain in place, in front of the innocent passengers, so his options are limited. Several blows land, slicing and gouging, tearing his costume and staining it with blood. [-60 HP]

Apoptosis tries his best to deal with the Flame bot, moving fluidly about and hiding behind chairs as it sprays fire at him. Even acting defensively, he still catches the edge of several blasts and cries out in pain as his altered anatomy withers beneath one of its most potent weaknesses [-75 HP]

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: January 22, 2018, 12:08:12 pm »

Remain unconscious, heal up. Hope I get picked up by the shuttle.

Spoiler:  Audaz (click to show/hide)

This might not be a legitimate action, but hey, I felt like it. I'm fine if you ignore this, Piecewise.

Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 45