Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 73620 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #360 on: June 12, 2018, 09:59:12 am »

Facepalm. What do you mean you didn't understand that? Press the checkmark button.

Spoiler: Graceful Ninja (click to show/hide)
You press the checkmark button and the ship reforms into its usual shape before a small hole opens on its front and punts out a device of some kind. You catch it and find its something like a digital compass: its just a screen with an arrow displayed on it. You try turning around and find that the arrow always keeps pointing in the same direction.

"I think we got an objective indicator." You say, moving it around  and noticing that it actually moves in 3D and can point up and down as well.

"I don't really know why I'm doing this, to be honest. The situation actually seems to be under control, so I'm currently trying to find things to waste time on until the mission officially ends."

Run somewhere offscreen really fast and find some popcorn for the fight that's about to start.
Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
[4]
You pull a bag of popcorn out from behind your back. In the great distance, you hear screaming. Its probably fine.

"Huzza! Now, we just need to think of a temporary Lucha name for our alien friend here! Hmm ...

Oh! Who wants to be my tag partner?"

HAP nods vigorously at teh spaceship and practices his flying Inazuma kick on the scowly faces he drew in the dirt.

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
You leap into the air and kick the dirt repeatedly. The real trick isn't the kick, its being in the air long enough to yell "SUPER INAZUMA KICK!" and get a bunch of anime speed lines around yourself. Takes you a dozen tries to get that right.

"Now I just need to figure out how Luchas in comic books can have long conversations mid punch..."

"I shall team with you! Let us go!"

Follow Hero!

Spoiler: Threnody (click to show/hide)

"You think that maybe they have those conversations mid battle but the limitations of the medium just make it look like its mid punch? After all no one wants one word per image or a sentence per a page."

"Hush with your logic! I will not allow such things here.  INAZUMA IGNORE!"

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: June 12, 2018, 10:45:25 am »

Go find Golden Star. Ask him if he wants to be my partner.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: June 12, 2018, 03:21:11 pm »

"Alright, stereotypical ninja man! I, Golden Star, will be your partner in... Wait, partner in what? Whatever. Golden Star!"

Go with ninja man while eating popcorn. Try doing some flashy fake karate moves like those in some of my movies to look intimidating.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 10:58:43 am by randomgenericusername »
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: June 12, 2018, 03:26:14 pm »

"Onto the next movement!""

Run with Hero in the direction of the objective marker

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #364 on: June 12, 2018, 11:28:00 pm »

Spoiler: El Escuchador (click to show/hide)

Follow the objective marker and hope another Lucha shows up to partner with me or there will be side objectives, yeaaahhhh

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: June 13, 2018, 06:44:20 am »

"Don't worry, El Escuchador, a tag team ca nhave more than two in it, depending on the circumstances. But if you feel uncertain, I'll let you and Threnody take the lead. I always enjoy watching my fellow Luchas bring Justice with Punching!"

HAP Asks the shapceship if it's got a second marker for our other two teammates. If not, he makes sure all five of us gather around El Escuchador to head out in search of our quarry. Onward ho! HAP sings "A hunting we will go" as we walk.

"Maybe if I punch reeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllly slowly ...."

SaberToothTiger

• Bay Watcher
  • Wannabe Shitposter
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: June 13, 2018, 09:50:51 am »

I may have finally updated my sheet. I may have forgotten that I should have done that half a week ago.
I gaze into its milky depths, searching the wheat and sugar for the meanings I can never find.
It's like tea leaf divination, but with cartoon leprechauns.
There are only two sure things in life: death and taxes and lists and poor arithmetic and overlong jokes and poor memory and probably a few more things.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #367 on: June 15, 2018, 12:58:54 pm »

"Alright, stereotypical ninja man! I, Golden Star, will be your partner in... Wait, partner in what? Whatever. Golden Star!"

Go with ninja man while eating popcorn. Try doing some flashy fake karate moves like those in some of my movies to look intimidating.
Go find Golden Star. Ask him if he wants to be my partner.

[7]
Golden Star balances the popcorn on his head and then proceeds to do a series of damn impressive punches and kicks, including a few flips, somehow without dislodging the popcorn. He then returns to eating the popcorn while following Ninja.

"Don't worry, El Escuchador, a tag team ca nhave more than two in it, depending on the circumstances. But if you feel uncertain, I'll let you and Threnody take the lead. I always enjoy watching my fellow Luchas bring Justice with Punching!"

HAP Asks the shapceship if it's got a second marker for our other two teammates. If not, he makes sure all five of us gather around El Escuchador to head out in search of our quarry. Onward ho! HAP sings "A hunting we will go" as we walk.

"Maybe if I punch reeeeeeeaaaaaaaalllllly slowly ...."

"Onto the next movement!""

Run with Hero in the direction of the objective marker

The ship poots out another objective marker for you. Good, it seems to understand English. You begin to start in on another speech when it slides 30 feet into the sky and then tears off into the city. Huh.  Must be busy.

You check the objective marker. It has a button on it. You press it and the arrow changes both color and direction its pointing. Huh. You press it again and it just cycles back to the first one. Hmm.

So Hero and Threnody, and Ninja and Golden star are on teams, each going after one of the markers.  Escuchador is all alone, following a marker he doesn't have. He should really pick one so I can fast travel you guys!

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #368 on: June 15, 2018, 02:50:32 pm »

Follow the arrow.

Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #369 on: June 15, 2018, 05:39:43 pm »

Spoiler: El Escuchador (click to show/hide)

I will accompany Heros team he is nice : )

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: June 15, 2018, 06:35:43 pm »

Follow the arrow!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: June 15, 2018, 07:16:45 pm »

Follow the arrow

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #372 on: June 15, 2018, 07:25:50 pm »

Press the button to watch the arrow dance!

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #373 on: June 20, 2018, 10:29:52 am »

Alright so Hap, Eschuchador and Threnody head off one way, Golden Star and Ninja the other, both following their objective markers.

The Tv switches to a short commercial break as they go where they need to go. A man in a suit with brilliant white teeth advertises neuro-implants with the slogan "You'll never need to think for yourself again!"

After brief announcements from our sponsors, the footage returns, this time split between both teams.

HAP, Escuchador and Threnody are wandering through a busy downtown business sector, walking along the sidewalk between towering glass skyscrapers and men and women in formal business wear. They follow the marker into a coffee shop and politely push their way through stunned -and mildly indignant- patrons right up to the counter. There is a young, bored looking woman at the counter in an apron and cap. She is plain, somewhat attractive but unremarkable with brown hair, a round face and half lidded eyes.  She looks like she might be a college student working a part time job.  The trio looks from the marker up to the girl and back down. They hold the tracker up and it blinks the arrow before then blinking an image of a skull.

"Huh." The girl says, eyeing the marker and then you. "Finally showed up huh?"

Her face distorts, not into an alien visage but into one of rage. Not normal anger either, the sort of wide eyed horrible snarl that one would expect from a rabid dog. Her body curls in, head bowing, muscles twitching, breath a hiss.

"Took you long enough." She growls and looks back up at you, steam pouring from between clenched teeth and fire literally crackling across her fists.

Warning. Database match. Angie Holt, alias "Hot Head". Level 5 pyrokinetic. High civilian danger warning!

Meanwhile, Golden Star and Ninja have followed their marker far off into the suburbs. It leads to an unassuming cul-de-sac ringed by brightly painted homes; the multi-hue style reminiscent of the Indian heritage of the occupants. The marker leads them right up to the garage door of one of the homes. There are no cars in the drive but they can hear power tools within.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #374 on: June 20, 2018, 10:32:56 am »

Knock on the garage door.

Pages: 1 ... 23 24 [25] 26 27 ... 45