Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 73635 times)

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #375 on: June 20, 2018, 10:45:00 am »

"Shall we dance? One second please."

Get the civilians out, pull the fire alarm. Not necessarily in that order.

Spoiler: Threnody (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #376 on: June 20, 2018, 11:02:36 am »

Protect the innocent! In this case, HAP thinks the best course will be to remove the offender from the crowd, so he leaps over  the counter and wrtaps his arms around the young woman, lifts her up, and dashes into the kitchen and from there to the freezer.

"Lucha Battle, coming through! Open that freezer! Hot Stuff, coming your way! Heh heh heh, Good one, HAP. Nice Lucha One-liner."

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: June 21, 2018, 12:29:04 pm »

Wait at a safe distance from the garage door, just in case something unexpected happens.
Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #378 on: June 22, 2018, 02:40:42 pm »

Wait at a safe distance from the garage door, just in case something unexpected happens.
Knock on the garage door.

Spoiler: Graceful Ninja (click to show/hide)

Ninja walks up to the garage door and knocks on it a few times, loud enough to be heard over the power tools. The sound inside the garage stops and a few moments later the door slowly rises with slight groan of metal and electric motor.  The man standing behind the door is massive; football player massive. Nothing special in the ranks of the Luchadors but among normal people he would be an Olympian: seven feet tall, heavily muscular in the bulging but undefined way of a champion weight lifter, with a chin like a granite block, skin the color of mahogany and about as tough looking,  and eyes lost under a heavy brow. He has to duck his head slightly when he steps through the door and out onto the drive.

"Can I help you?" he says, running a shop towel over dirty hands.

You check the marker and it is definitely pointing to him.

Meanwhile...

Protect the innocent! In this case, HAP thinks the best course will be to remove the offender from the crowd, so he leaps over  the counter and wrtaps his arms around the young woman, lifts her up, and dashes into the kitchen and from there to the freezer.

"Lucha Battle, coming through! Open that freezer! Hot Stuff, coming your way! Heh heh heh, Good one, HAP. Nice Lucha One-liner."

"Ma'am, I'm going to have to ask you to cool off and calm down."

[7][2]
You vault the counter while Hot Head is still getting warmed up and wrap her in a bear hug. You lift her off her feet and proceed to run into the kitchen.

"Lucha Battle, coming through! Open that freezer!"

The kitchen staff scatters in terror as you lope in with a smoldering barista in your arms.  You get halfway to the freezer when you suddenly find yourself rather disoriented with a lot of debris in your teeth and  the wind whistling past. You blink and look around a moment. Hmm. Blue sky, sky scrapers blurring past beside you. Ground quickly retreating and a big plume of flame directly below you.

"You can fly?" You ask Hot Head, coming to the realization that she has literally rocketed you both through the ceiling.  She responds with an incomprehensible scream and then bursts into flame.

[2 ACCLAIM!]

"Shall we dance? One second please."

Get the civilians out, pull the fire alarm. Not necessarily in that order.

You watch HAP go and then hear the roar and the smashing. You sigh, walk over to the wall and pull the fire alarm, calmly directing people out the front door before joining them. You can easily follow the smoke trail from the coffee shop up into the sky, up to the burning point a few hundred feet up.

[1 ACCLAIM!]

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: June 22, 2018, 02:54:04 pm »

Circle around him while looking at the compass just in case. If the compass stops pointing to him, be confused. Otherwise, tell him that he needs to come with us. Ask him what he knows about aliens.

« Last Edit: June 22, 2018, 05:33:08 pm by The_Two_Eternities »
http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #380 on: June 22, 2018, 04:47:10 pm »

((I suggest asking him what he knows about what's going on.))
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: June 22, 2018, 06:22:46 pm »

Continue eating popcorn and staying at a safe distance. I want to avoid a fight, if possible.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #382 on: June 22, 2018, 06:45:49 pm »

"Hero, throw her down! I got this!"

If HAP throws flame lady down, break her fall with a flashy team attack singing knee. Otherwise, follow them.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: June 23, 2018, 03:40:41 am »

"AH, thanks for bringing the battle outside! That's super helpful, miss. If we could just ... over there ... let's ... back to that guy there."

HAP's gonna see if he can steer this thing! He'll flip around behind, sit in the small of her torrid back, and try to point her feet to bring her closer to Threnody, or a body of water.

((I can't think of a more ridiculous action, except maybe sticking a finger up her nose. Oh sure, he cold like, hit her or jump away and not catch fire himself, but how Lucha would that be?))

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #384 on: June 24, 2018, 12:20:43 am »

Spoiler: El Escuchador (click to show/hide)

SORRY summer work has been a mammoth and I haven't had regular access to a computer.

Follow them and sling random items (from around town, like manhole covers) at the beast as I go

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #385 on: June 25, 2018, 12:43:26 pm »

Circle around him while looking at the compass just in case. If the compass stops pointing to him, be confused. Otherwise, tell him that he needs to come with us. Ask him what he knows about aliens.

Continue eating popcorn and staying at a safe distance. I want to avoid a fight, if possible.
Ninja circles around just to make sure that the thing is pointing at the man. It is.  He asks the man to come with them, while also asking him what he knows about aliens.  The man doesn't budge and his face remains impassive. After a moment he finally starts talking.

"The greatest predator a man will ever face is his past. It will always catch him.  Hmph.  There are families around here, good people. My wife and our children. Others.  I will not abandon this life I have made without a fight, but I would prefer not to do it here."

"AH, thanks for bringing the battle outside! That's super helpful, miss. If we could just ... over there ... let's ... back to that guy there."

HAP's gonna see if he can steer this thing! He'll flip around behind, sit in the small of her torrid back, and try to point her feet to bring her closer to Threnody, or a body of water.

((I can't think of a more ridiculous action, except maybe sticking a finger up her nose. Oh sure, he cold like, hit her or jump away and not catch fire himself, but how Lucha would that be?))

[2]
You attempt to scramble around and redirect the lady's flight but  a sudden turn causes you to entirely lose your grip and fall off. You find yourself falling, arms crossed with a rather annoyed expression on your face. This wasn't what you had in might when trying to get back to Threnody.
[2]
There's nothing nearby for you to grab hold of so you just fall straight into the asphalt.
[8]
You land with a tremendous bang, embedding yourself a good two feet in the ground. You're still just laying there with your arms crossed and an annoyed expression.

"Hero, throw her down! I got this!"

If HAP throws flame lady down, break her fall with a flashy team attack singing knee. Otherwise, follow them.

You walk over to HAP's impact crater and look down at him. He doesn't look happy.

"Did ya slip?"

"Yes." He says, drumming his fingers on his arm.

"So whats the plan?"

"Is she coming back around?"

"Looks like it."

"Well then we try again."

Spoiler: El Escuchador (click to show/hide)

SORRY summer work has been a mammoth and I haven't had regular access to a computer.

Follow them and sling random items (from around town, like manhole covers) at the beast as I go
[2]
You pick up a manhole cover and hurl it up at the pyromanic. It sails past her and disappears into the distance, probably landing in the ocean. You hope.

Hot Head changes her course and swoops back down towards the group, riding an increasingly huge plume of flame. She slips between the buildings and charges straight down the road, flying only 10 or so feet above the ground. She holds her hands out to the side and the flame behind her grows even greater, expanding into a rushing wall of fire. Cars are yanked up into the air and tumble along the front of that wave of flame like pebbles in a wave.

"This is a level 5 pyrokinetic?"

"Yep."

"How high does the scale go?"

"20 I think."

"Remind me to get an asbestos suit."

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: June 25, 2018, 12:56:55 pm »

"Hero, in harmony! Tra la laaaaa!"

Perform a glorious harmonic team attack with Hero, a spinning person throw to launch Hero at the flame lady so he can execute glorious attacksening.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #387 on: June 25, 2018, 02:51:30 pm »

"Sweet Mother Of Underwear! The property damage! Look, if you'll just give us a lift, we'd be happy to call a truce until we get someplace more Lucha for this, like a Giant Wrestling Ring in the desert, made of cacti and tumbleweed twine? Or we could discuss your situation over a nice cup of tea? Mocha? Java? B-beer?""

HAP accepts Threnody's launch and attempts to grapple the hot girl again. He is thoroughly oblivious to the innuendo in this situation. If he manages to slow her so that the cars start catching up, he'll attempt to start parking them safely. Otherwise, he'll attempt to keep a grip on her with his legs and offer a hand to each of his tag mates, so we can all go for a agic angry burning carpet ride together. Again, he is totally oblivious to the innuendo involved in that action.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: June 25, 2018, 04:30:11 pm »

"I, Golden Star, don't even understand what are you talking about, civilian! Wait, what did you say about your... Past."

"Past."

Denny's

Golden Star dramatically sheds a single tear as he continues his flashback episode about that time his parents abandoned him at a Denny's somewhere in rural arizona.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: June 25, 2018, 05:06:33 pm »

Ask him to clarify.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.
Pages: 1 ... 24 25 [26] 27 28 ... 45