Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 74709 times)

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Stop.
« Reply #450 on: August 09, 2018, 10:34:22 am »

Try not to land on anything important.

Spoiler: Graceful Ninja (click to show/hide)
"I DON'T WANT TO DIEEEEE!"

Grab onto ninja man and cry like a baby.

Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)

I am VERY tempted to try and have Ninja land on Golden Star when he gives me actions like that. Very tempted indeed.
[5]
Golden Star grabs hold of Ninja's back and Ninja, despite the extra weight and the awkward restriction, manages to right himself and get into position to land and...they just keep going. They're not picking up speed but they're just sort of flying through the air about eight feet above the ground, on a path towards empty space. Literally. It becomes immediately clear to Ninja that if they continue like this there's a good chance that they'll just fly far enough that the earth's surface curves out from under them and they end up in orbit...or maybe just fly off into the sun.

Team attack! Go for her legs while Threnody takes the aerial approach. If she gets off a shot at him that looks like it's going to hit, make sure to intercept it.

Spoiler: mission briefing (click to show/hide)
"My apologies for the disharmonious understanding, but this is quite impolite."

Front flip over her and in doing so knock her out of consciousness.

Spoiler: Threnody (click to show/hide)
[2+1]
Hap throws himself forward into a sliding tackle, aiming for Hot Head's legs. His slide goes wide and he only clips her foot. Its enough to force her to stagger back and drop into a crouch. Threnody, his target now a good 2 or 3 feet below where he was aiming, goes sailing over her head in an impressive but utterly useless flip and lands 10 feet away with a gymnast's salute.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #451 on: August 09, 2018, 05:01:02 pm »

Alright, time to focus. Use that 5 intelligence and think of a solution. If I can't think of anything, I will assume we are acurrently unaffected by gravity because we were affected by that guy's power, and that throwing something up like the objetive marker should probably change the direction were flying towards to the ground.

The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #452 on: August 10, 2018, 06:59:52 am »

HAP will continue his attempts at diplomacy, while continuing his attempts at grappling.

"I hear the cells on the Fist of Justice are quite comfy! I bet you could order all the pizza you wanted! We have cable! At least, I think we have cable? You know, it's not entirely clear. We have a room with an implausibly large pit in it, though. It has catwalks! I don't know what they are for. We have a chapel and a nudie bar too! I bet you'd love those! Not sure which team you bat for, but I bet we could find something you like. Also it beats getting beaten senseless again, doesn't it?"

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #453 on: August 10, 2018, 10:05:53 am »

New plan: Try to hit something important! If we can hit a building or similar sturdy object, it'll drain all of our momentum.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #454 on: August 12, 2018, 08:04:08 am »

*WHISTLE*

DOOOOOOM BLAAAAADE

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #455 on: August 13, 2018, 07:52:59 pm »

"Ta-Da! ... Be right there!"

Pocket Sand her and the sucker punch!

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #456 on: August 14, 2018, 10:10:11 am »

"Ta-Da! ... Be right there!"

Pocket Sand her and the sucker punch!

HAP will continue his attempts at diplomacy, while continuing his attempts at grappling.

"I hear the cells on the Fist of Justice are quite comfy! I bet you could order all the pizza you wanted! We have cable! At least, I think we have cable? You know, it's not entirely clear. We have a room with an implausibly large pit in it, though. It has catwalks! I don't know what they are for. We have a chapel and a nudie bar too! I bet you'd love those! Not sure which team you bat for, but I bet we could find something you like. Also it beats getting beaten senseless again, doesn't it?"

[6]
"Pocket sand!" Threnody shouts. Despite this he has no sand in his pockets. Instead he decides to throw some sand that is conveniently lying around on the beach. Of course since he has super human strength he ends up catapulting a cinderblock sized wad of sand directly into the back of Hot Head's hot head. She gets whipped forward, caught off guard by the blow, and straight into Hap's arms as he continues to gesture- in a way I'm sure he thinks is quite convincing- and explain that being a prisoner isn't so bad.  As she lands against him, the objective marker looses itself from his bag and promptly leaps out onto her. It stretches to form metallic leg and arm shackles, effectively hogtying her in place.

New plan: Try to hit something important! If we can hit a building or similar sturdy object, it'll drain all of our momentum.

Alright, time to focus. Use that 5 intelligence and think of a solution. If I can't think of anything, I will assume we are acurrently unaffected by gravity because we were affected by that guy's power, and that throwing something up like the objetive marker should probably change the direction were flying towards to the ground.

[8]
Golden Star concludes that Ninja's plan is reasonable and together they both spread out, holding hands and hooking feet together, to form a large glider sort of configuration, like you would expect from skydivers. They twist and contort, finding out quickly that despite the momentum given to them they can still effect their trajectory.  They effect it straight into the concrete wall of a convenience store. They slap into it in a belly flop, pressed flat by a seemingly undaunted momentum that holds them against the concrete like a stream of wind. Then, after a moment, the momentum fades and they drop to the ground. Ninja lands Gracefully on his feet and Golden Star lands on his butt with an oof.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #457 on: August 14, 2018, 11:19:45 am »

"Well, that's convenient, I guess. Good work, Threnody! Why didn't I think of Beach Volleyball? That would have been a great activity!

Sorry Miss, looks like you'll be heading back with the weird stretchy spaceship, instead of our regular one. I had fun sightseeing with you today, and our beach party was great! I hope you'll come visit me when you are done with your community service in space. Maybe next time we'll have a barbeque!"

HAP hoists Hot Head onto his shoulder, you know, the traditional 'sack of potatoes' carry method, and looks around one last time for one of those keychain photo souvenir people to take their picture before the aliens arrive.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #458 on: August 14, 2018, 05:08:02 pm »

Okay, new plan: Find the rest of the team and gank on gravity man. Use my objective marker to locate the other target and run in that direction.

Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Choose your own Adventure
« Reply #459 on: August 14, 2018, 06:34:20 pm »

"Had you cooperated, we maybe could have taken you to our ship! We don't kill people there. It's quite melodious."

Find one of those keychain photographers and get the keychains made, then ask the boss if he wants us to keep her as a prisoner. After that, onwards!

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.

The_Two_Eternities

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #460 on: August 15, 2018, 12:10:39 pm »

Sprint after Golden Star.

http://www.bay12forums.com/smf/index.php?topic=177472.0
Roll to Multitask, seeking new players.
Yeah sorry, someone blew up a street in my state and took the internet down for multiple days with it.
This really happened. 2020 was wild.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #461 on: August 16, 2018, 10:56:16 am »

"Well, that's convenient, I guess. Good work, Threnody! Why didn't I think of Beach Volleyball? That would have been a great activity!

Sorry Miss, looks like you'll be heading back with the weird stretchy spaceship, instead of our regular one. I had fun sightseeing with you today, and our beach party was great! I hope you'll come visit me when you are done with your community service in space. Maybe next time we'll have a barbeque!"

HAP hoists Hot Head onto his shoulder, you know, the traditional 'sack of potatoes' carry method, and looks around one last time for one of those keychain photo souvenir people to take their picture before the aliens arrive.

"Had you cooperated, we maybe could have taken you to our ship! We don't kill people there. It's quite melodious."

Find one of those keychain photographers and get the keychains made, then ask the boss if he wants us to keep her as a prisoner. After that, onwards!

Sprint after Golden Star.

Okay, new plan: Find the rest of the team and gank on gravity man. Use my objective marker to locate the other target and run in that direction.

Dang, forgot Acclaim again. +5 to Threnody. +1 to Hap. +2 to Golden and Ninja.

Hap rests Hot Head on his shoulder, careful about where he puts his hands as he positions her. No need to give the lucha tabloids something to put on the front page. Threnody comes to his side and the two of them walk off down the beach, looking for a keychain vendor.

"Hey HAP?"

"Yes, Old chum?"

"Have you ever wanted to own a woman?" Threnody says, and then immediately furrows his brow and looks down at the sand, as though surprised by the words that came out of his mouth.

HAP blinks, his face blank.

"What I mean is that we could keep her for ourselves." Threnody tries again.

The pair and their charge reach one of those wooden walls with holes cut in it. It has a scene of a muscular man, a nubile woman, and a happy child all in swimwear painted on the front. HAP, not taking his blank face off Threnody, gestures to a nearby man- a photo vendor- and holds one finger up. The group walks behind the wall and sticks their heads through, HAP in the father position, Threnody in the Wife, and Hot Head in the Daughter.

"I..." Threnody starts again, stops, thinks, and then restarts, "Are we sure that giving her to the alien is the right thing to do?"

"It is a reasonable question. In truth we know little-" HAP cuts himself off and they all smile (HAP holds the corner's of Hot Head's mouth open in a clearly forced grin) as the picture is taken, "-about that alien's origins or plan."

"Yeah, it seemed all on board for dismembering that other guy. It might be an alien meat grinder or something. And while she's not my favorite person", he rubs his burns as he says it, "I don't really feel comfortable handing her off to die."

"How chivalrous of you." Hap says, taking the little plastic frame from the vendor and admiring the image inside for a moment before handing the man a Saguaro cactus as payment. "But what if this alien fella is not inclined to allow you to keep Ms. Hot Head in our custody?"

Threnody shrugs. "Guess we might have to fight it?"

HAP Flexes his own sore, burnt body and sighs. "I'd prefer not to have to do that. For multiple reasons, you understand." He sets his jaw in thought. " We should ask the others.  I wonder where..."

As though on cue Ninja and Golden Star slide in across the sand, throwing up waves of grit as they grind to a halt.

"Ah, there you are!" HAP says, beaming, "Defeated your own villain as well?"

Ninja says nothing, as is his want, and Golden Star looks nervously over his shoulder. "Not...exactly."

« Last Edit: August 16, 2018, 10:58:55 am by piecewise »

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #462 on: August 16, 2018, 08:35:43 pm »

"We, uh, had a few gravity problems. We were hoping to regroup and attack as a group, as the target seems to have trouble fighting more than one opponent at the same time. Should we carry this target to the alien ship first?"

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #463 on: August 16, 2018, 09:57:31 pm »

"We were just wondering if we should. I mean, that ship is gonna kill these people. We don't even know what they did. That's not harmonious. We really should question them."

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #464 on: August 16, 2018, 10:05:09 pm »

"They tried to kill us, though. Maybe they are alien criminals? Regardless, we still have to deal with gravity dude, so I don't think we should take her to where he is..."

"Can we make this quick? I'm breaking character right now and it's kinda uncomfortable. We either bring the girl to the aliens or leave her here."

Pages: 1 ... 29 30 [31] 32 33 ... 45