Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45

Author Topic: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: "Gentle Persuasion"  (Read 73615 times)

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Doomblade's Infinite Misfortune
« Reply #195 on: March 14, 2018, 09:34:26 am »

((Currently, we are in a strange situation. I'm forcing El excuchador to perform a team attack by me pushing him to help him charge while Threnody is forcing a team attack on me by throwing me in the air towards the turrets.))
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: March 14, 2018, 09:40:03 am »

((And my action is in opposition to both of your throws, soooooo. We're all dead now.))

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: March 15, 2018, 10:39:30 am »

Action edited to reflect the seemingly inevitable throw attempt.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #198 on: March 15, 2018, 12:14:13 pm »

Shadowclaw?

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #199 on: March 16, 2018, 01:10:42 pm »

Ok, enough waiting. First person to post an action for shadowclaw gets to choose what he does.

Egan_BW

• Bay Watcher
  • Perhaps I'll
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: March 16, 2018, 01:14:59 pm »

hmm
Stick my thumb up my ass as far as possible while singing.
Down at the bottom of the ocean. Beneath tons of brine which would crush you down. Not into broken and splintered flesh, but into thin soup. Into just more of the sea water. Where things live that aren't so different from you, but you will never live to touch them and they will never live to touch you.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: March 16, 2018, 01:33:42 pm »

Punch the turrets.

fakeedit dammit too late
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #202 on: March 16, 2018, 01:50:53 pm »

hmm
Stick my thumb up my ass as far as possible while singing.

I'm gonna let you guys visualize this, I'm not allowed within 100 yards of this imagery for...legal reasons. I will say that his strength rating would probably mean that his reach would be...great.

Ahem.

Ok so this turn is full of people doing things to other people that they don't want to happen. As such, gonna be a lot of speed rolls here and me attempting to interpret things as best I can. Hold on to your butts. Shadowclaw's got the idea~
Oz: 3
Doom: 4
Random:5
Sam:3

Charging them is a great idea!
"Creepy ear man! Go charge them, boy! Here, let me help you!"
"Help" El Escuchador charge by pushing him towards the turrets as a team attack. Then, do a (forced) team-attack with Threnody as he throws me and flail to the turrets with my body while crying as I'm flung into the air.
Spoiler: Golden Star (click to show/hide)
[4v5]
Golden Star steps behind El Escuchador and attempts to give him a big, double handed push. However, his sneaky attempt at forced valor is undermined by the fact that he yells as he moves to do it. And Escuchador is literally an ear man, so...hearing that coming is pretty much his deal. He side steps the attempt and Golden Star staggers forward looking like a great big jerk and idiot face.

"Yes, let's charge them! Sforzando!"

Grab Golden Star by the feet, spin, and throw him into the miniguns. Team attack of harmony!

Spoiler (click to show/hide)
[3]
Threnody, apparently a fan of fitting karmatic punishments, kicks Golden Star right in the seat of his pats and sends him flopping down into the center of the room, nearest to the door. As such, the guns turn their attention to him instead of the rest of the group.
Spoiler: El Escuchador (click to show/hide)

Aw nuts. Nuuuuuts. Uh try to punch through the wall and pry a section inward for cover.

If I can't physically resist being thrown, at least start punching the mechanical arms and stuff when I land.

Should I try to charge them instead? I really don't have much of an answer for this situation methinks
[2]
You run over to the wall and punch a hole in it, pushing your fist through like it was wet tissue. And much like wet tissue, when you try to tear a large section off in a controlled fashion, you end up with nothing but useless tiny pieces that rip free before the rest comes with them.

2 Acclaim for the Golden Star dodge

((This is a job for someone with 5 speed - to run up between the guns. Too bad ear guy hasn't enough acclaim to use his signature))
Oppose any action that includes throwing a fellow Luchador into the line of fire. Otherwise, assist in making cover out of the doors and walls. Team player and all that.

"Anyone got, like, a really big shield?"

Spoiler: train cars so far (click to show/hide)

[7]
HAP, seeing the general state of failure occurring around him, steps in to rectify the situation. He thrusts his hands into the floor of the train car and, with a grunt, rips a large section up and bends it to form  a wall of thick steel between the guns and the team. Well, most of the team. Golden star was too far forward so he's left to deal with the consequences of his actions in the most hilarious way.

3 Acclaim!

[6,7, 5, 6,5,9]

However Golden star amazes everyone when he leaps back to his feet and proceeds to dance through an almost solid wall of bullets, moving with the sort of speed and grace that would usually be reserved for a ballet star on x100 fast forward. He is nothing but a colored blur, dodging bullets by milometers with a face of bored confidence. When the guns pause to let the smoke clear, he's standing right where he was, smiling.

"Whose got two thumbs and is faster than..." He counts on his fingers for a moment, " 14,232 bullets? This guy!"

+7 Acclaim to Golden Star.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: March 16, 2018, 02:16:28 pm »

"Ha! Bullets are no match to me, Golden Star!"
Continue dodging bullets with style while making a desperate dash behind cover.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: March 16, 2018, 08:45:43 pm »

"Hey, look! I got, like, a really big shield!"

Hero moves cover forward, while trying not to step in the hole he created in the floor.

SamSpeeds

• Bay Watcher
  • ah ah ah oooh yeah
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: March 18, 2018, 04:39:00 pm »

If Golden Star wasn't the Fastest in the Universe I was planning on acting all "good riddance" like while posing menacingly in a way that complemented his bullet ridden corpse. Oh well. Good dancing, meanie.

Tear off chunks of metal and throw them at the arms while following Oz.

Technically I think the metal is still attached to the wall, Oz.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: March 18, 2018, 05:35:33 pm »

((Yeah, I'm sure it is. I pulled our shield up from the floor. It's probably connected in front. I'm still pushing it forward though))

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
Re: The Masked League Of Lucha Liberty: Heroic Misadventures
« Reply #207 on: March 18, 2018, 06:19:11 pm »

"Thank you sir hero! I feel the harmony flying through the air!"

Perform a highly technical flip-kick into the miniguns while singing a dirge!

In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

piecewise

• Bay Watcher
  • [TORTURE_FOR_FUN]
    • View Profile
    • Stuff
« Reply #208 on: March 21, 2018, 11:07:25 am »

"Ha! Bullets are no match to me, Golden Star!"
Continue dodging bullets with style while making a desperate dash behind cover.
[8]
You turn and sprint back behind the wall of metal that HAP raised a moment ago, waving to your fans as you go. You grab the corner and swing yourself behind it before skidding to a stop.

"Phew. Good thing I'm inhumanly fast or that would have gone extremely poorly! I mean...JUSTICE NEVER FAILS!"

2 Acclaim.

"Hey, look! I got, like, a really big shield!"

Hero moves cover forward, while trying not to step in the hole he created in the floor.

[1][3]
You plant your feet, dig your fingers into the metal and lift with your legs. However, the finger holes you've made in your makeshift shield give way before you can lift it. Not only that, but the floor under your feet Doesn't budge. Normally that would be a good thing, but now you're suddenly pushing upwards with several hundred pounds of force using your legs with nothing anchoring you to the ground. As soon as the finger holds give way you go flying, accidentally launching yourself up and into the ceiling. You hit, bounce, arc over the wall and fly down towards the hole in the train floor. In the last few seconds you make a mad grab at the sides of the hole and manage to get hold.

You are now hanging mere inches from the train tracks...which considering the train is maglev, are nothing but a sheet of flat concrete whizzing by at hundreds or even thousands of miles an hour. It is not a pleasant looking thing to experience first hand.

If Golden Star wasn't the Fastest in the Universe I was planning on acting all "good riddance" like while posing menacingly in a way that complemented his bullet ridden corpse. Oh well. Good dancing, meanie.

Tear off chunks of metal and throw them at the arms while following Oz.

Technically I think the metal is still attached to the wall, Oz.
[7][6]
You tear several chunks from the wall, widening the hole you already made last turn. Once you have a few oversized ragged metal Frisbees, you start jumping up from behind the wall and hurling them at the machinegun arms. You hit 3 of the 6 but rather than hitting them in the machine gun part, you hit them somewhere near the base of the arm, severing them from the wall. Once these severed limbs hit the ground they start squirming about, trying to worm their way towards the cover you're all hiding behind.

3 acclaim!
"Thank you sir hero! I feel the harmony flying through the air!"

Perform a highly technical flip-kick into the miniguns while singing a dirge!

[4]
You run up the wall, pose a moment on top, and then do a flying kick into one of the remaining guns. You don't destroy the gun, but you do kick it hard enough to embed it in the train wall behind it, sort of half stabbed through the wall.  Unfortunately you are now standing right next to the two remaining guns...
2 acclaim!

[2][2]

The two machineguns still mounted on the wall both turn in to face Threnody in an almost comedic fashion and pause to stare at him for a moment before they open fire. He just sort of stares back at them and is in the middle of making some sort of music based pun when his voice is drowned out by the sound of gunfire. A lucha is a strong thing, very robust. Bullets do nowhere near the damage they would to a normal person. But there are a very large amount of bullets hitting Threnody right now.

-200 HP from Threnody.

Ozarck

• Bay Watcher
  • DiceBane
    • View Profile
« Reply #209 on: March 21, 2018, 11:54:19 am »

Well, raw power can only do so much. Time for Technique!

The Short Version:
Gymnasticate out of the hole, kicking guns and beating them with their own kind!

The Long Version (for style points):
Assuming a starting position of Hanging Scale (arms extended, body lower than hands, toes pointed straight back),
let's press to Swallow (aka, lift body up using extended arms, toes pointed straight back)
From Swallow, press to inverted cross (you know, upside down with toes pointed straight up).
From Inverted Cross, Double Salto forward to dismount! (sort of a forward twist flip times two, onto train floor, not onto concrete slab below)
At dismount, kick two of the unfettered guns to my teammates (teamwork ho!) "Here guys, have some weapons! They're not folding chairs, but they'll do in a pinch!"
Finally, tumble forward and scoop up the remaining rogue gun, smaching it into one of the non damaged wall mounted guns..

Pages: 1 ... 12 13 [14] 15 16 ... 45