Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  

Author Topic: Questions on becoming a Lord of a Site  (Read 2079 times)

Cipactli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Questions on becoming a Lord of a Site
« on: January 20, 2018, 11:52:26 am »

In a modded game I've recently wrestled control of an entire city from a Orc civilization. I've become lord but I have a few questions:

1. How come the guards did not fight back?
2. I've read up and heard that leaving the site to go to another erases your ownership of it. How do I convince people to become my hearthperson?
3. How do I level my social awareness for more soldiers to come in my stead?
4. How does the tribute mechanic work?

edit: I am aware of the dialogue option to 'Invite as Hearthperson', but when trying this action it never works.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2018, 12:03:06 pm by Cipactli »

Cipactli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Questions on becoming a Lord of a Site
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2018, 12:09:11 pm »

So it seems leaving my Keep and away from the city proper did not erase my control. Reading the wiki it says the only way to exert my continued influence on a place is to build a Meadhall. Is it only that building a Meadhall does the submit/pay tribute option work? I cannot do this same operation owning a pre-generated Keep?

Cipactli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2018, 01:57:10 pm »

Well I've recently construed a vassal system of sort. Whenever I conquer a village/site (Staking your claim and moving to the site governmental building, becoming the Lord), I offer the position of Lord to my companions. This is completely awesome, but I still can't figure out on how to make a site pay tribute to my group. Where is the dialogue option for this? It is listed in the adventure mod section of the wiki

hertggf

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 20, 2018, 03:04:40 pm »

People will be more likely to agree to follow you/become your hearthperson if you have a more impressive reputation with them and more persuasion skill.  You can see what a unit thinks of you by "asking about someone" and picking yourself.  Bring up rumors of things that you did that will impress them, like killing (semi)megabeasts or bandits, and don't mention anything that will piss them off.  You can train up social awareness by arguing but it's very slow.

Cipactli

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 20, 2018, 04:14:40 pm »

I've switched mods to the Star Wars mod. I've killed a Law-Give and his Lady Consort, but the claiming system is not working, even after going into the Keep itself. I've read up on site owners not having to be at the site itself, control still be rested into them. So I asked around the town, trying to find out the new leader with the "Ask local government" option. Whenever this action is activated, the NPC just tells me the general civilization who owns the site, not the individual site owner. What is the way to solve this?

FakerFangirl

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
    • Youtube
« Reply #5 on: January 20, 2018, 07:20:39 pm »

Well I've recently construed a vassal system of sort. Whenever I conquer a village/site (Staking your claim and moving to the site governmental building, becoming the Lord), I offer the position of Lord to my companions. This is completely awesome,
Cool idea.
"Should we call a beak dog a gobbo doggo?" - Relevant_-_-Username

JakeSlayer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2018, 06:36:04 pm »

Someone should do testing on this system and leave no stone un-turned, sorta like what they did with weapons and such.
VALLHALLA HUNGERS!!!
-JakeSlayer

Bortness

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 02:50:17 pm »

Someone should do testing on this system and leave no stone un-turned, sorta like what they did with weapons and such.

"Someone"...

Why not you?  : )