Dwarf Fortress > DF Dwarf Mode Discussion

My dwarves are fighting a strand of hair.

(1/3) > >>

saberbom:
I was bored, so i tried to raid a necromancer tower expecting it to start a war with them. Unfortunately, my dwarves are just so skilled and they did not get caught stealing bunch of books. Seeing a silver lining, I built a library so my dwarves can read the stolen books. As expected, some dwarves acquired the ability to raise the dead. And one dwarf by the name of Udib Etesshorast the armorer necromancer raised a dead piece of a forgotten beast's head hair near my depot. As soon as the hair moved, everyone around started throwing punches and swinging hammers to the piece of hair; everyone who did so passed right through the hair or 'bent' it's neck and twist it's head. As the hair got into a fight it pushed the dwarves fruitlessly, hurting them like how a piece of hair would.

Shonai_Dweller:
Are you playing the latest version? That was supposed to have been fixed in 44.01.

saberbom:

--- Quote from: Shonai_Dweller on January 20, 2018, 11:38:54 pm ---Are you playing the latest version? That was supposed to have been fixed in 44.01.

--- End quote ---
Yes I am. 44.05

Shonai_Dweller:
Do you have a save? Could do with being reported as the fix didn't seem to work.
Although the exact phrase was "Made animated skulls, hair and other bits easier to pulp" so it's possible swords and axes don't work as well (ever tried to kill a hair with a broadsword?).

gchristopher:
Also worth uploading the save for all those "bends the neck" messages. Should a head hair even have a neck?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version