Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7

Author Topic: Vintage Story - I Can't Believe It's Not TerraFirmaCraft  (Read 12839 times)

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
Re: Vintage Story - I Can't Believe It's Not TerraFirmaCraft
« Reply #75 on: February 02, 2018, 03:56:32 am »

Someone on the VS Discord asked for screenshots of our survival builds so I took half an hour to run around the server like a chicken with its head cut off. Here's what I came up with.

Jelly yet?
You missed the best view.  The view of my pillar island in the lake.  Also those sections of glass in the floor are floor lights with oil lanterns.  Not a lot of light but I like them (also doesn't put a yellow tinge on everything).

Now I'm off to find even more copper for lanterns.  Also for spears to build a armory at spawn for people heading along the road to find a corpse.

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: February 02, 2018, 05:32:49 pm »

The roadbed is done!

I still have a large section to pave and one of the bridges to build, but all the tunnels are cut and there is at least some kind of span over every spot that needs a bridge.

EDIT: Done for the day, the bridges are done (aside from me messing with railings and such), but there is only one (admittedly long) section without paving. It will probably be 100% done tomorrow.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2018, 11:32:50 pm by milo christiansen »
Rubble 8 - The most powerful modding suite in existence!
After all, coke is for furnaces, not for snorting.
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: February 03, 2018, 10:49:15 am »

I dont have this game but I became invested in your road project anyway. Pics?
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: February 03, 2018, 11:42:37 am »

Spoiler: Lots of big images! (click to show/hide)
You're not true dwarven royalty unless you own the complete 'Signature Collection' baby-bone bedroom set from NOKEAS

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
  • Cancels drink: Too insane
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: February 03, 2018, 01:16:30 pm »

Haha, I found some webs in an underground ruin and didn't know where to put 'em

Mephisto

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: February 03, 2018, 02:21:47 pm »

The dev and texture artist grouped up with us for a bit. I'm now a bit self-conscious of my domain name choice.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
  • BOOM! Avatar gone! (for now)
    • View Profile
« Reply #81 on: February 03, 2018, 02:57:35 pm »

I'm now a bit self-conscious of my domain name choice.
The server name?

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #82 on: February 03, 2018, 02:57:55 pm »

The dev and texture artist grouped up with us for a bit. I'm now a bit self-conscious of my domain name choice.

Heh, I was wondering what they were thinking when they saw the IP! They seem like a couple of really nice people though

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #83 on: February 03, 2018, 02:59:27 pm »

Can't it easily be renamed or something?

milo christiansen

• Bay Watcher
  • Something generic here
    • View Profile
« Reply #84 on: February 03, 2018, 02:59:58 pm »

The server name?

Plug "shitshow.systems" (it's a long story...) into the server connection settings and away you go!

And, no it can't easily be changed, it's a domain name. Although... There are a bunch of obscure country-code TLDs that are operated "as a free service to the public". Free domain names? Yup. For example, .ga Some sources claim .ga domains are only free for 12 months, don't know if that is true or not, but there are TLDs that are 100% free, and most of the drawbacks don't matter for a game server. That said, I like the current domain just fine :)
« Last Edit: February 03, 2018, 03:12:41 pm by milo christiansen »

Dorsidwarf

• Bay Watcher
  • [INTERSTELLAR]
    • View Profile
« Reply #85 on: February 03, 2018, 09:28:54 pm »

I love a good road network in Minecraft*, imposing order on the natural wilderness is fun. Might give this a look tomorrow...
Quote from: Rodney Ootkins
Everything is going to be alright

Shooer

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #86 on: February 03, 2018, 10:07:59 pm »

I found a REALLY deep hole at -1226 -784.  It goes from 2 at the surface all the way down to -79 and right into a cave network that hits -101 and lava in a two locations.  Well one now since I turned one of them into obsidian.

There is also a TON of tin.  I pulled up 24 ore and that probably wasn't a quarter of that one deposit.  Also was some iron. Emphasis on was.

If you want to visit it just follow the waterfall down.  A bucket of water is probably one of the best things for cave exploration.  Seeing as buckets drop a source but do not pick them up.  So you effectively have infinite water with one bucket.

MarcAFK

• Bay Watcher
  • [INSANITY INTENSIFIES]
    • View Profile
« Reply #87 on: February 04, 2018, 04:51:47 am »

Wolves ouch.
They're nearly as bad as badgers. Build a couple of anti-buzzard SAM sites marksdwarf towers and your fortress will look like Baghdad in 2003 from all the aerial bolt spam. You waste a lot of ammo and everything is covered in unslightly exploded buzzard bits and broken bolts.

Ultimuh

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Pancakes

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #89 on: February 04, 2018, 09:39:07 am »

A new hotfix has been released, addressing a few accessability things:
Version 1.5.0.2, a stable release, is now ready for download in the account manager.

It is very refreshing to see the sudden, and seemingly continuous influx of new members in our community. Let me take this opportunity to welcome you here one more time, show my appreciation for your support and hope that you are having a good time with what we've created :-)
Also thanks to everyone that reported bugs, suggested features or helped spread the word of Vintage Story, makes for a very positive community climate, I find ^_^

I decided to push another bugfix release, so that we have at least one very stable version of the game. Then I can worry less on creating unstable testing releases ^_^

Game updates

Feature: Player view bobbing can now be disabled in the graphics settings (for @Milo Christiansen)
Feature: The mouse Y-Axis can now be inverted in the controls settings (for @Shaun Graham)
API Feature: Moved player/creature rendering system to the game content mod, several tweaks to the shape rendering system.
Mods can now attach their own rendering stuff to players (for @copygirl)
Tweak: Wooden paths now have a move speed bonus of 12%
Tweak: Replaced fast graphics mode with a resolution slider. This now lets you reduce only the resolution without the weird side effects of backface culling. A value like 50% is recommended for MacOS Users with very high screen resolutions (for @ACE)
Fixed/Tweak: Stone paths only yielding a 8% move speed bonus instead of 15%. Increase move speed bonus now to 20%.
Fixed: The mouse cursor issues on MacOS and Linux should be a thing of the past now \o/
Fixed: Some shader errors printed to console on macos (and probably affecting moon rendering)
Fixed: Increased move speed from blocks not increasing walk animation speed
Fixed: Leaving, then re-entering a chunk causing some blocks to not fully disappear upon breaking (i.e. metal layer on molds, sign texts on signs, etc.)
Fixed: Help dialog can be interacted with while the create character dialog is opened.
Fixed: Foliage in some areas very uniformly colored (i.e. very rainy jungle areas)
Fixed: Dying then rage quitting and reloading the world caused the player to be alive again with 0 health.
Fixed: When Show/hide chat mapped to a letter then that letter can no longer be typed in chat without hiding the chat too.
Fixed: /announce command not printing the message
Fixed: 2 layer or thicker charcoal pits only yielding charcoal for the first layer
Fixed: Placing fire pits in creative mode only producing a client side firepit that doesn't work
Fixed: Minor Moon rendering issues
Fixed: Hitboxes not tightly fitting baskets and crucibles

EDIT: Well, at the moment it seems the server hasn't been updated, so be careful if you plan on updating right away, hehe
« Last Edit: February 04, 2018, 09:44:50 am by Scarlet_Avenger »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 [6] 7