Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21

Author Topic: JoJo's Venture - The Stardust Crusade (RTD)  (Read 39090 times)

SnazThePMUGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmmm, 7up, eh?
    • View Profile
JoJo's Venture - The Stardust Crusade (RTD)
« on: January 26, 2018, 10:31:12 pm »

The year is 1988. A group of extraordinary people with magnificent powers must travel to Egypt in order to save a loved one's life.
Only a few will make the last train home.
Yes, this is a mother heckin' JoJo Reference. Get over it.

Spoiler: Da Rules (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Plot (click to show/hide)
Spoiler: Advice (click to show/hide)

So. Let's have fun, shall we?

The group arrives at an airport and enters a private jet from the Speedwagon Foundation to aid them in their journey.

Round 1 will involve no rolls from each individuals, but rather decide what Stand everyone has. This round will also determine where we start in the game. So, please, don't perform any action until next round and only chose which side - the Followers or the Crusaders - to join.

The journey begins at 8:00 PM CST 2 days from now (Round 1 will be 1/28/18) and will update every other day.
« Last Edit: February 01, 2018, 11:41:16 pm by SnazThePMUGuy »

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
Re: JoJo's Venture - The Stardust Crusade (RTD)
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2018, 10:44:29 pm »

I'll be joining the Followers, because evil is good.
Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2018, 10:47:55 pm »

Followers.
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

Mallos

• Bay Watcher
  • sick and tired of being sick and tired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2018, 12:00:06 am »

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa holy shit I love this concept

Sign me up for the Crusaders, please.
Gone. Departed. Headed off toward greener pastures.

OceanSoul

• Bay Watcher
  • Cursed with Exponential Hiatuses
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2018, 02:25:37 am »

Crusaders. Welcome to the forums, and hope this goes well for all of us.
Work on a potential forum game for my return to Bay12. Figure out parts that puzzled me before. Find more things to figure out that I can't. Work on another game instead of solving them. Get distracted and stop working. Remember it a week or two later. Remember I'm still on hiatus. Illogically, Be too ashamed to return yet. Repeat ad nauseam.

Finally have a game completely ready. Wait a week before posting it out of laziness.

Secheral

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 27, 2018, 04:36:16 am »

Followers

NRDL

• Bay Watcher
  • I Actually Like Elves
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 27, 2018, 04:40:21 am »

PTW, I am really curious to see how this goes.
GOD DAMN IT NRDL.
NRDL will roll a die and decide how sadistic and insane he's feeling well you do.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 27, 2018, 08:18:45 am »

Followers!
The dog behind the man behind the beard.
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.
You're both so obviously scum that this is a surprisingly difficult decision.

ziizo

• Bay Watcher
  • Tired and Lazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 27, 2018, 10:13:48 am »

crusaders
GG, Ziizo. May my spirit live on in your boobs.

sprinkled chariot

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 27, 2018, 10:54:36 pm »

followers

SnazThePMUGuy

• Bay Watcher
  • Mmmm, 7up, eh?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 28, 2018, 09:00:01 pm »

Round 1 - The Plane
Without further ado, here is the team split!
Crusaders             Followers
Mallos             Lovefool
OceanSoul             Doomblade187
ziizo             Secheral
Tamer Virus             randomgenericusername
Greatness942             sprinkled chariot
             AbstractTraitorHero
             0cra_tr0per

Now, before everyone receives their Stands, I would like to point out that it is totally possible for people to join in the middle of the game up to a certain point. Feel free to join at any time! This isn't Mafia, this is RTD. I've got very few restrictions on when and where you can join in! So, with that out of the way, let's find out your Stands!

I'll be joining the Followers, because evil is good.

Lovefool, your Stand is #22. Your Stand suggests that of the Tarot Card High Priestess! This Tarot Card suggests wisdom, knowledge, and understanding. In the series, High Priestess is used by Midler, takes the form of a tribal mask. High Priestess is bound to inorganic matter such as rocks and steel. and when bound into minerals, it can change its form and travel within the object, striking from anywhere with an impact as hard as diamond. Its Destructive Power is ranked C, Speed B, Range A, Durability A, Precision D, and Developmental Potential D. This means that it is very durable, and can travel far from its user, although it is rather inaccurate, and cannot develop many new abilities.

Followers.

Doomblade187, your Stand is #12. Your Stand suggests that of the Tarot Card Hanged Man! This Tarot Card suggests indecision and a need to suspend action. In the series, Hanged Man is used by J. Geil, takes the form of a mummified assassin. Using two wrist knives, Hanged Man travels at the speed of light, and resides in any surfaces that maintain a reflection, such as a mirror, a water puddle, or even a human eye. Hanged Man will then attack its target's reflection, causing the target to bear the actual attack without even being touched.  Hanged Man can only appear in one reflective surface at a time, although as long as multiple routes of escape are available, it is essentially unrestricted in its movement.Its Destructive Power is ranked C, Speed A, Range A, Durability B, Precision D, and Developmental Potential D. It is very fast and can travel great distances from its user, although lacks ability to gain new skills and is not exactly the strongest in terms of destructive power.

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa holy shit I love this concept

Sign me up for the Crusaders, please.

Mallos, your Stand is #26. Your Stand suggests that of the Egyptian Diety, Bastet! A warrior goddess from ancient Egypt, Bastet is the Stand of Mariah within the series. It takes the shape of an electrical outlet and relies on the curiosity of its enemies to attack. When an unwitting foe touches the outlet, the victim becomes a highly conductive magnet, and all manner of metallic objects, such as coins, knives, or even cars, will be attracted to the victim, possibly even crushing them to death depending on the total weight. Its Destructive Power is ranked E, Speed E, Range B, Durability A, Precision E, and Developmental Potential E. It's very durable, and can travel a good distance from its user, although because of its nature as an electrical outlet, it can't really move or cause mass destruction, as well as relying on its victim to fall for a trap rather than directly attacking.

Crusaders. Welcome to the forums, and hope this goes well for all of us.

OceanSoul, your Stand is #1. Your Stand suggests that of the Star Tarot Card, and is named Star Platinum! (lucky roll, you bastard) This Tarot Card suggests hope and renewal, especially at a journey's start. In the series, Star Platinum is used by Jotaro "JoJo" Kujo, and takes a humanoid shape, focusing on close-range combat. Star Platinum boasts incredible speed and extremely deadly attack rushes, among other various skills, including enhanced eyesight, precise movement skills, and even a ranged attack known as "Star Finger". Its Destructive Power is ranked A, Speed A, Range C, Durability A, Precision A, and Developmental Potential A. High speed, destructive power, defensive strength, accuracy, and developmental ability make Star Platinum one of the strongest Stands in the Stardust Crusaders arc, if not the entire series.

Followers

Secheral, your Stand is #7. Your Stand suggests that of the Tower Tarot Card, and is named Tower of Gray! This Tarot Card suggests disaster and sudden change. In the series, Tower of Gray is used by Gray Fly, and takes the form of a giant stag beetle. Tower of Gray uses its incredible speed to fly around and kill its victims. When it finds a target, it approaches at speeds that rival even the fastest of Stands and attacks using its secondary mouth, similar to that of a Xenomorph from the "Alien" film series. Its Destructive Power is ranked E, Speed A, Range A, Durability C, Precision E, and Developmental Potential E. It relies on its incredible speed and range to dispatch enemies, although it is fairly fragile. Furthermore, while it can deal with one target easily, its overall destructive power is rather weak.

Followers!

Randomgenericusername (phew, that's a mouthful), your Stand is #24. Your Stand suggests that of the Egyptian Diety, Khnum! One of the Egyptian Gods of the Nile, Khnum is used by Oingo in the series, and can take the form of just about anything. What this means is that Khnum is a Stand that requires itself to be bound to its user to use its ability, allowing the user to alter their appearance at will, including details such as height, weight, scent, and even voice. Its Destructive Power is ranked E, Speed E, Range E, Durability A, Precision E, and Developmental Potential E. While it is extremely sturdy, it is not made for combat at all, and is mainly used for deception.

crusaders

Ziizo, your Stand is #19. Your Stand suggests that of the Tarot Card The Sun! This Tarot Card suggests warmth, vitality, and fun. In the series, the Sun is used by Arabia Fats, and is perhaps the most literal Stand in the series, taking the form of - you guessed it - a giant ball of fire. The Sun's primary feature is the ability to raise the temperature of the surrounding area to high, possibly fatal, levels, reaching temperatures of up to 80 oC (that's 176 oF). When the user is threatened, the Sun can also shoot burning lasers at its foes, with the power to pierce through flesh. Its Destructive Power is ranked B, Speed E, Range A, Durability A, Precision E, and Developmental Potential E. Great range and durability, as well as powerful destructive ability, although it is held back by low speed and accuracy, as well as a lack of developmental ability.

followers

Sprinkled Chariot, your Stand is #21. Your Stand suggests that of the Tarot Card Judgement! This Tarot Card suggests rebirth and judgement. In the series, Judgement is used by Cameo, and takes the shape of a mechanical genie (voiced not by Robin Williams, unfortunately). Judgement deceives its foes by granting them three "wishes", then using clay to grant their desires. Judgement's main method of attack is using the clay to create evil monstrosities, such as zombies, in a style similar to the Monkey's Paw, and forcing them to attack his foe. Its Destructive Power is ranked B, Speed B, Range C, Durability B, Precision D, and Developmental Potential D. Judgement is a mostly average stand, with good destructive power and speed, although it lacks ability to develop as well as accuracy.

The Speedwagon Foundation has hired numerous Stand Users to help aid with the goal of stopping DIO. This group calls themselves The Crusaders. Meanwhile, DIO has hired multiple mercenaries and brainwashed numerous civilians in order to fulfill his cause - eliminating the Joestar Bloodline and ruling over mankind. The journey begins as the two groups prepare to leave toward their destination.
Spoiler: Crusaders (click to show/hide)

Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)

Round 2 Actions will be due February 1st at 7:30 PM CST.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2018, 07:57:13 pm by SnazThePMUGuy »

Lovefool

• Bay Watcher
  • I'm just a man who enjoys a little fun.
    • View Profile
    • Backloggd Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 28, 2018, 09:07:22 pm »

Spoiler: Follower action (click to show/hide)
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 09:43:13 pm by Lovefool »
Present Day... Heh...

Present Time... HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Consider supporting my friends' SRPG project! I voice in the trailer!

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 28, 2018, 09:16:19 pm »

As far as I know, everyone is already in Hong Kong. Should we put our actions and plans on spoilers so the enemies can't see them?
« Last Edit: January 28, 2018, 09:28:34 pm by randomgenericusername »
Immortality like that would be even more game breaking than four Aaron's in one place.

Doomblade187

• Bay Watcher
  • Requires music to get through the working day.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 28, 2018, 09:30:46 pm »

Spoiler: Follower Action (click to show/hide)
In any case it would be a battle of critical thinking and I refuse to fight an unarmed individual.
One mustn't stare into the pathos, lest one become Pathos.

randomgenericusername

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 28, 2018, 09:42:05 pm »

Spoiler: Followers (click to show/hide)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 21