Bay 12 Games Forum

Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
Advanced search  
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13

Author Topic: Kloker was Cavern Keeper was Manipulator. Detailed and automatic labor control.  (Read 66389 times)

paperchamomiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Oh! Yeah I suppose being able to look at the error message would help haha.

Code: [Select]
In file included from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/sys/unistd.h:183:0,
                 from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/unistd.h:72,
                 from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/zconf.h:462,
                 from /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/zlib.h:34,
                 from /Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.44.09/df_osx v0.44.09/dfhack/depends/protobuf/google/protobuf/io/gzip_stream.h:46,
                 from /Applications/Lazy Mac Pack v0.44.09/df_osx v0.44.09/dfhack/depends/protobuf/google/protobuf/io/gzip_stream.cc:39:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/zlib.h:663:46: error: expected initializer before '__AVAILABILITY_INTERNAL__MAC_10_13'
                                              __OSX_AVAILABLE_STARTING(__MAC_10_13,__IPHONE_11_0);
                                              ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/zlib.h:1295:37: error: expected initializer before '__AVAILABILITY_INTERNAL__MAC_10_13'
                                     ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/zlib.h:1434:38: error: expected initializer before '__AVAILABILITY_INTERNAL__MAC_10_13'
                                      ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/zlib.h:1469:39: error: expected initializer before '__AVAILABILITY_INTERNAL__MAC_10_13'
                                       ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/zlib.h:1729:37: error: expected initializer before '__AVAILABILITY_INTERNAL__MAC_10_13'
                                     ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/zlib.h:1765:35: error: expected initializer before '__AVAILABILITY_INTERNAL__MAC_10_13'
                                   ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/zlib.h:1918:53: error: expected initializer before '__AVAILABILITY_INTERNAL__MAC_10_13'
                                                     ^
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk/usr/include/zlib.h:1920:53: error: expected initializer before '__AVAILABILITY_INTERNAL__MAC_10_13'
                                                     ^
make[2]: *** [depends/protobuf/CMakeFiles/protobuf.dir/google/protobuf/io/gzip_stream.cc.o] Error 1
make[1]: *** [depends/protobuf/CMakeFiles/protobuf.dir/all] Error 2
make: *** [all] Error 2

Edit:  It occurs to me now that maybe I should try it with version 44.05 of dfhack instead
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:48:34 pm by paperchamomiles »

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Im checking out the message now...

You do need to compile to the version of the dwarf fortress file which you path to in the build command. And so you need to do a "git checkout [that version]" followed by a "git submodule update" (commands). Maybe youve done that already, ill read the error message...  ...ah no the path&version could be fine ...
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 04:57:46 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Keep the version at mac pack 44.09 you have, its not the problem.

Its you're OS is too up to date :P

There is a small section for it in the compile guide here Notes for GCC 4.9+ or OS X 10.10+ users
Klok the Kloker !

paperchamomiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

I tried that. Oddly I got the exact same error message?
But seriously, thank you so much for trying to help

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Did you install the command-line utilities from XCode? Are you absolutely sure you're using GCC (i.e. you've installed it from homebrew and set CC and CXX), not clang (which "gcc" is aliased to)?
DFHack - Dwarf Manipulator (Lua) - DF Wiki talk

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

paperchamomiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright I got it past that part! I went through and made absolutely sure I was doing everything and that worked!
And now we're at another error.  This one is in the replaced manipulator file!
/Users/chamomile/Lazy Mac Pack v0.44.09/df_osx v0.44.09/dfhack/plugins/manipulator.cpp: In function 'void unit_info_ops::allotHintColors(UnitInfo*, int*, int, int, int, int)':
/Users/chamomile/Lazy Mac Pack v0.44.09/df_osx v0.44.09/dfhack/plugins/manipulator.cpp:1106:45: error: 'log2' was not declared in this scope
         double rank = static_cast<int>(1000*log2(static_cast<double>(unit_apt+avg_apt)/static_cast<double>(avg_apt+2)));
                                             ^~~~
/Users/chamomile/Lazy Mac Pack v0.44.09/df_osx v0.44.09/dfhack/plugins/manipulator.cpp:1106:45: note: suggested alternative: 'long'
         double rank = static_cast<int>(1000*log2(static_cast<double>(unit_apt+avg_apt)/static_cast<double>(avg_apt+2)));
                                             ^~~~
                                             long

And then theres a couple more along those lines but with sqrt instead of log2.
So I went ahead and added #include <math.h> to the top of the file and that fixed it, but I thought you might want to know about this because it's in your file

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Phew! Thanks for the help Lethosor and also - maintaining the whole lot so it does compile as promised!

I fixed that math include before but must have merged it out sometime.

Paperchamomiles im relieved you made it through - didnt mean to send you on an all day compile quest. But soon you should be cookin' on the frontier of the developments - rest of us are waiting on 44.09 packs with fingers crossed its stable ;)
« Last Edit: April 03, 2018, 07:09:38 pm by strainer »
Klok the Kloker !

paperchamomiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

Alright I've been using it for a bit and I love it!  It gives a fantastic amount of detail and is super handy

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Thanks paperchamomiles! : D

No two are the same - dorfs have a fantastic amount of detail to tell .' )
Klok the Kloker !

paperchamomiles

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

So, there's a problem:
If I use cavern keeper after the first wave of migrants, it makes the game crash after a few minutes.  it doesn't happen in my other install of df 44.09-with-dfhack that doesnt have cavern keeper installed, and it doesnt happen if i disable cavern keeper

Edit:
Specifically, with a segmentation fault.
heres the error message
[DFHack]# ./dfhack: line 15: 98260 Segmentation fault: 11  DYLD_INSERT_LIBRARIES=./hack/libdfhack.dylib ./dwarfort.exe "$@"

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

I cant be sure but suspect this is not CK crashing - its only really runs when its screen is opened. Disabling it may free up resources for the real cause to take longer to manifest.
Unfortunately we are on the cutting edge revision with an adhoc OSX compile, I see some segmentation faults reported in dfhacks repo for issues relating to compile libraries - like this one
We may ask lethosor what he can make of the error message.
There may be more information in stderr.log files in the dwarf fortess or hack folders.
You could also try compiling the old manipulator and making do with that if it works, but I guess it wont for long because at the API level there is little difference, just some extra dfhack headers imported into CK.
Klok the Kloker !

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

The error message means nothing besides "DF crashed", which you already said, so that doesn't help much. stderr.log very rarely contains information about crashes. Are you playing with the exact same save in your other installation? Does the issue happen with other saves? I'm inclined to side with strainer here, although it's possible that memory management issues in CK can cause crashes later on.

The report you linked to is about Stonesense only, and was fixed almost 3 years ago.

There was a typo in the siegers' campfire code. When the fires went out, so did the game.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

I just caused plenty of crashes with CK in development but never a segmentation fault error message, and Ive had a couple of other players report no problems, so a guess is compiler lib incompatibility which could easily happen with experimental compile.
Klok the Kloker !

lethosor

• Bay Watcher
    • View Profile

A segmentation fault is a crash. If you're following the build instructions, and managed to get DFHack running, a compiler/library compatibility issue being at fault is very unlikely.

strainer

• Bay Watcher
  • Goatherd
    • View Profile

Its a broad  kind crash which i dont recall CK generating before.

You dont have to be harried here lethosor.
I would have collected more information before maybe asking about it relevant threads.
Klok the Kloker !
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 13